In remembrance of all the joy, and misery, of past games. Leave your offerings here.
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Exalted: Revelations-IC: The Underworld

Post by Amseriah »

Adin has Blue fly him around Creation outside of the Realm, looking for areas that I know used to have manses in the First Age that may be in good repair but unattuned.
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

Zeeva "so why aren't we stopping off at the bull's camp for a quick meet and greet. I want to get it out of the way before we end creation as we know it."
psn: aretepolitic
Steam: aretepolitic
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

"I am not acting on anything yet, so do not start getting worried about Creation as you know it being destroyed. I am simply trying to find out more information about everything that we have been presented with. It will take time, and I am not really that interesting in randomly visiting important Solars. You can feel free to go up there and make friendly with him. I however have a puzzle...."
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

::Adin continues to scourge the land for a suitable manse that he may attune to in order to attain a hearthstone, so that he may respirate Essence in the Underworld. He knows that if push comes to shove he could forcibly take a manse that someone else has claimed, but that just seems tacky to him for such a trivial thing as a hearthstone. He will continue speaking to Zeeva or oneone else who has accompanied him on this trek, but he will not be slowed down in his pursuit::
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

So, not to be a drag here, but every single manse near the realm is taken, at least the ones you would be able to see. There are more exalted living there than anywhere else in creation.

And a manse from creation, unless it is abyssaly aspected, does nothing for you in the underworld anyway... You might want to find one from the underworld that will suite your purposes.

::flying around, you see some manses... but they are all clearly claimed, decorated in the colors of the house that has claimed them.::
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

OOC: I talked with him about this briefly over the phone and explained how the whole hearthstone thing works with respect to Creation and the Underworld. On that note, every single manse in the Underworld was built by and owned by Deathlords.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

there should be reflections of some of creation's manses. And if you alter the essence flow of a shitty lvl 1 manse and jack it, i doubt the busy deathlords would do a whole lot. not worth sending out anything more than a patrol to see what the hell hapened, and even then, they probably wouldn't know for months, since all the level 1's get lent out to people.

Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

OOC: Ah, I misunderstood earlier before Steven corrected me. I thought that you needed a hearthstone in Creation to allow you to respirate in the Underworld. In that case I just go to the Underworld directly then.

::Adin and his Amalgam venture into the Underworld after first activating Creation Preserving Will (???? that integrity charm, both Adin and his Amalgam have it). He shucks off any Resplendant Destiny he had on before, just allowing his Arcane Fate to shine through and protect him in case he needs to run. He begins his quest by first attempting to locate a low level Manse that won't be missed.::
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

OOC: Replindant destinies (actually all crafted destinies) do not function in the Underworld, though since the Mask is in both, Arcane Fate still does.
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

Ooc: i thought that was the case, but did not want to assume.
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

Zeeva seems unhappy at being in the underworld. "I am not abput to leave you alone in the underworld when we are the only 2 siddies in creation that have our knowledge. Now lets get this done I have socializing to do."
psn: aretepolitic
Steam: aretepolitic
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

OOC: that is funny, primarily b/c if something truly bad happens you are both lost instead of one... but thats fine with me.

IC:
Well, the area surrounding the blessed isle is actually pretty well dominated by deathlord forces, though with enough searching you could probably find at least a small level 1 manse. You would need to kill alter the essence flow enough that it would crack the hearthstone, but not enough to destroy the manse outright. B/c the stone isn't actually there. Then you would need to wait for it to reform. If you want to go quickly, you might be better off with your own charms giving you essence, as the stone will take at least a week. But if you have time, you will be able to get it, assuming you can alter the flow.

The manse itself is an ungaurded collection of stone plinths.

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

ooc: some corrections: reforming a hearthstone takes a month. if you damage the manse enough that the hearthstone cracks, it also will not generate a new hearthstone until it is repaired. It isn't really a practical way to collect hearthstones.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

I read that manses can be changed enough to break the hearthstone, but it didn't say they had to be "damaged" per se... where are the rules?

The hearthstone reformation is a problem though. i got my units messed up (week instead of a month).

Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

OOC: Ok, well I think in that case I will just keep my 10m commited to that charm for a while, it seems like it is going to be the safest option for right now and the quickest definitely.

"Zeeva, I really do enjoy your presence and knowing that you are here gives me a stronger sense of security, but I am probably going to be down here for a long time. There are a lot of things that we need to find out and we can't trust only the visions of imprisoned or dead Incarnae. We need to do some research down here, to try to find out if there is actually a way to date the Underworld. We also need to track down the Maidens that are actually dead and reside here. We finally need to find a way to perform experiments to try to find out what this plan would actually do to Creation and to the Underworld. That being said, even though I will miss the company, if you are uncomfortable here or feel that your time would be better spent developing contacts then by all means work towards pursuing what you think is right."