In remembrance of all the joy, and misery, of past games. Leave your offerings here.
rydi
Site Admin

Exalted: FoB - Mentorship

Post by rydi »

I want my mentor to be mentory at me. and i want to be studenty back. perhaps actually roleplaying with my 5 dots worth of background, in like... a story format.
Last edited by rydi on Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Why does that need its own thread? We've got IC threads for this.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

because it stands out more. also, what thread do you want it in?

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

meh.

I'm not really sure what you're looking for in general, and I'm too busy trying to prepare for this weekend, which is still not done, to really be bothered for the moment.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

i'm looking for my mentor to care about me, check up on me, pump me for info, train me, and interact in descriptive words.

rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

so... since no one is jumping up and down to play out this interaction, i'll get the ball rolling.

::after the wonderful encounter with Falling Petal, the Sidereal master of Scarlet-Patterned Battlefield, Eternal Peaceful Repose looks for her mentor in hopes of finding answers to what went wrong with the fight, and why he attacked them in the first place::

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Kaishin has only recently returned to the city and is not looking particularly thrilled, this is abnormal as he's usually fairly easy going. He's also not very easy to find, seeing as he's hanging out on the roof of the Scarlet Palace, apparently napping.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

huh. i actually envisioned her on rooftops a lot, so that isn't really that bad.

::frustrated from looking for her mentor for hours (it might have helped if she had actually told anyone what she was doing), Eternal Peaceful Repose climbs to the roof of the scarlet palace to pout.

But seeing him there, she suddenly forgets here irritation, and picks a branch from a nearby tree to poke him with. Is he alive? is he awake? is he paying attention? Is he in a good mood? Stick poking is a good way of finding out all of the above.::

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

He swats at the stick just before it pokes him, deflecting it upwards. "Jeez, can't an old man even have a nap?" Kaishin looks to be in his early 30's. One eye opened to see who would interrupt his nap. "Ah, the troublemaker herself." The eye closed again.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

"hi.

we went to a big city and fought an old man.

he wasn't as old as you though.

he was scary. but i saved my lunar and big sister. though she went crazy. she hears voices too.

do you have any candy?"

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

"Your ability to generalize things to the point of being incomprehensible is astounding. No. I do not have any candy."
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

::Khylar overhears this conversation and decides to chime in, in order to aid in expediting the interaction::

"Excuse me, but I believe that she is disturbed that we had our asses clearly handed to us when we accidentally travelled to Meru. The person did not appear to be that aged but possessed a martial style the like of which I have never seen."
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

::realizing that her mentor is both awake, and irritable, Eternal Peaceful Repose settles down near him on the roof and begins to draw intricate occult symbols in the dirt coating the rooftop. she listens to her dinosaur speak, but does not in any way show that she actually hears him.::

Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

"Eternal Peaceful Repose, could you draw for your master the symbol that we saw upon the forehead of the opponent that we fought in that City?"
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

::draws a pretty picture. a caricature of a mean old sifu with a chosen of battles caste mark (the drawing is horrid, the caste mark very well written). and still in no way acknowledges she is being spoken to.::