In remembrance of all the joy, and misery, of past games. Leave your offerings here.
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

I am still on the fence about some stuff, but not having to play a sabbat crazed flesh crafter could be cool.

Zack how are you treating Kuldonic magic and is visisitude(sp?) a disease in your world?
psn: aretepolitic
Steam: aretepolitic
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

i already told you that sorcery is an aspect of covenant rather than clan now.

am curious about the disease/vs discipline angle though. since we aren't closely following metaplot to my knowledge, it could probably be more of a discipline now.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Vicissitude (which is correct spelling) as a disease is, in my opinion, totally retarded from a mechanics perspective. Is it an aspect of the Eldest? Sure. Fine. It can be that. You don't need to change the costs on shit and make rolls for derangements just for having it though. That's dumb. It is mechanically a discipline and should, from a rules perspective, be treated as such.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

i'm fine with the disease aspect in terms of owod metaplot, but yeah, the reduced cost angle was dumb.

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Ah, reduced or increased. That was actually the worst part. The fact that a Tzimisce character could potentially only have two in-clan disciplines and then another that could potentially cost more to increase than an out-of-clan discipline. Oh, and it also made you crazy for no fucking reason.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

all the while the brujah neonate that you have a vinculum rating to is raging around in zulo form. yeah. hates.

arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

I know what you said, and I am confirming. It has very different system mechanics from tham.

I really do not like the disease metaplot when the clan is playable.
Ivanovich
Lost Knight

Post by Ivanovich »

1. Kuldonic Sorcery is out. Vicissitude is not a disease.

2. Cruac will use the thaum paths and be purchased accordingly, but they do not have access to rituals. Any paths you wish to purchase are subject to me for approval. Some make sense in my mind for Cruac and others do not.

3. Theban Sorcery will be the rituals aspect of thaum. You will buy Theban sorcery as an out of clan discipline. It will grant one free ritual. Past that rituals are bought at level * 3.

4. Coils are all purchased as a separate out of clan discipline.

5. I need NPCs. I will be offering 5xp a piece. You can make up to 3 npcs beyond my list of specific NPCs.

These are all Clan and Covenant heads. The number in parenthesis is their age, in background dots. Do not assign a gen. Each will have Status City 4 and Status their Covenant, if heads, 5 for free. Those who do not have a covenant listed can be any covenant. Who ever turns in a character for these first gets the points. I will up date this list as i get NPCs.

Brujah (3) - Carthian head - done
Gangrel (2) - done
Giovanni (4)
Lasombra (4) - Lancae head
Malkavian (3) - done
Nosferatu (3) - Crone head -done
Salubri (3) - Dracul head
Toreador (3) - done
Ventrue (3) - Invictus head - done
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

Where do you want them turned in at?
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Please also post here if you are turning one in so we don't all make duplicates for them. Also, avoid being a dick and leave some for he rest of us. :P

That last statement is directed at everyone. :P

Edit: If we're not assigning generation, how do we know if they get access to ridiculous level 6+ powers? :P
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

i claim the brujah, and the toreador. more if people don't write them up.

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

I'll make the nosferatu and gangrel.

Are there any limitations on the other 3 non-proscribed NPCs we make?
Ivanovich
Lost Knight

Post by Ivanovich »

1. please PM me their stats and make a write up for them in the character roster.

2. for generation, PM me the ones you will be making and i will give you the Gen. Generation is not something that is known for most people, as such not everyone knows exact ages and gen on people.

3. No limitation on the three npcs. You can make any clan or covenant. If you want you can purchase the age background for them, but not above 4.
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

I will do malkie and ventrue.

Edit: i can also do the nossie.
Last edited by arete on Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ivanovich
Lost Knight

Post by Ivanovich »

For the council members you need to use elder creation rules instead of base character creation.