In remembrance of all the joy, and misery, of past games. Leave your offerings here.
Ivanovich
Lost Knight

Vampire: OKCbN/Z-Character Creation

Post by Ivanovich »

People wishing to play in my game should PM me with their character once they are finished.

The following clans are allowed; Brujah, Gangrel, Giovanni, Lasambra, Malkavian, Nosferatu, Salubri, Toreador and Ventrue. If you wish to play anything other than those listed you can PM me and with a good enough story/reason i may consider it depending on the number of players I have, the only thing expressly forbidden is Tremere as they do not exist.

I will be using the 5 covenants from nWoD for the political setting. Details on how the unique disciplines of the Circle of the Crone, Lancae Sanctum, and Odro Dracul will be posted later.

For actually character creation, you will make a base characters, as per oWoD rules, and add on 75xp. The highest political office you can start as is whip of either your clan or covenant. You are required to write a story for your character. I will be giving out xp for creation of NPCs, but i have not yet determined how much.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

what is up with gen? how will it work, is it a background, does it advance with age or stay the same... etc?

any other stuff that matters? any merits/flaws you hate?

finally, i'm looking for someone to start as my buddy. also, if anyone wants, being mutually blood bound is a 2pt flaw of joy.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Can we buy backgrounds with this starting XP?
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

Interested in playing a Malky. Willing to be Cheyne's ... whatever. Anything but incestuous sibling.

I am all about owod. We should limit some books and keep to limits we didn't before. I'm not interested in power gaming this character. Still, I like lower gen but can let a lot of other things go.

Are we paying any reference to Gid's OKC game? We have some good NPCs in that old mess.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

i will be your buddy. don't want to be blood bound to you though, they say malkavians are contagious...

i'm not sure on all the limits right now, zach is dying currently, so he can't talk. but he did say that he would try to get on tomorrow.

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

Don't have to be Malky. Actually, might be fun to just have something random assigned. Cheyne, throw some bones or darts and pick a string of archetypes for me to follow. I just wanna play something different.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

ok. Be a Toreador. Be an artist (post modern musician that works with electronic sound generators... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Reich ). Be a woman. Your nature is... either martyr or curmudgeon, and your demeanor is either gallant or celebrant. Your covenant is either Ordo Dracul (since everyone else is doing it) or Lancea Sanctum (catholics of the undead). Your discipline of choice is Auspex, but your secondary discipline is something off the wall for a toreador, like potence, protean, or fortitude. then you have a few dots in the other clan disciplines. Your merits include resistance to thaumaturgy, and either calm heart or efficient digestion. Your flaws include short, lunacy or phobia-flying, and deaf. Your skills are whatever you like, but you have medicine 4 (kinesiology), crafts 4 (mechanics) or security 4 (security systems) for absolutely no reason. You follow the path of harmony, have a 5 instinct, and moderate conscience and high courage. You have a dalmatian retainer named mieke, and you have a fortune from a cycle of investing in apple products right before they do innovative things and selling before they start to suck. Your favorite sport is baseball (you love the Yankees), and you listen to country music because you like the way the vibrations feel (you sit on your speakers quite often, and have a suped up sound system in your VW bug), but don't know any of the words a single country song.

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

But its so hard to make a deaf character work in a player party. :P
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

You should do it!
psn: aretepolitic
Steam: aretepolitic
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

do it faggot
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

Not like that I won't... asshair.

Sounds good...
How about an alt?
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

don't be thael, make one character and play it.

or fall asleep, explode, and then die.
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

durden wrote:Are we paying any reference to Gid's OKC game? We have some good NPCs in that old mess.

:shock:
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

Wasn't referring to the Asians...
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

were you asking me for an alt, or just asking in general? I don't mind alts, but i think the first one took up all of my creative juice. all 2 ounces of it.

words.

xmen is still good. mostly.