In remembrance of all the joy, and misery, of past games. Leave your offerings here.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

As a general note, Aizan has absolutely 0 interest in trying to do the things that Time has layed out as potential courses of action. There are two reasons.

The IC reason is that Aizan is strongly Earth Aspected and has Temperance as his primary virtue. The status quo is worth preserving - though he recognizes he's trying to change the social status quo, the metaphyiscal status quo is comfortable and he doesn't really want it moving.

The OOC reason is that I, as a player, don't really have any interest in putting more celestial Exalts into play or crashing Creation into the Underworld with potentially cataclysmic results. I have other plans for Creation, and being swallowed by the Void is not amoung them. Do note that the Abyssals and their ilk are currently the only force in Creation that actively wants to increase the proximity between the Underworld and Creation. That should tell you a lot about what sort of results you can expect from attempting to act on that.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

for my part, i anticipated at least half the party not wanting to do this. was hoping it would provide dramatic tension.

as far as metaphysics go, I have always thought that the role of the exalted was to fuck up the fundamental nature of everything, and rearrange it as they see fit.

as far as it fucking up creation... well, i think it could perhaps impact it negatively, but I think it would also have many positive effects as well.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

OOC: While it may seem that Adin is rushing off to accomplish the plan that Time laid out before us, he is not. He is actually just trying to find out the validity of the information that the vision provided. He is keeping an open mind about the next course of action and is just trying to find out as much as he can no matter what he chooses to do.

As an ooc reason I personally have no interest in politicking with this character. He might be able to do it but the Arcane Fate prevents anything from being permanent except with the usage of Respendant Destinies, and all it seems like I would be doing is working towards getting the DB's in positions that they want, while I just sit in the background and attempt to manipulate things to my liking...not much fun for this character. Besides I think it fitting that the Chosen of Secrets runs off to the Underworld to seek out forbidden knowledge.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

OOC: My other main problem with it is really from a GM point of view. This is a shared Creation and I really don't want to crash the Underworld into it. I cannot think of any really positive results, except for our Abyssal party, who will likely laugh hystarically and chop half their timetables up since so much will have been done for them. At the very least the Siderals as a whole will move to block any such attempts, and will likely mobilize both the Wyld Hunt and the Cult of the Illuminated in an attempt to stop any such attempt being made.
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

I don't see any way to permanently protect Creation from the things threatening it. We are fighting a war against the Wyld, the Void, the Abyssals, and who knows what else. We keep losing people and land. The only fixes that we have been able to come up with have been temporary fixes and have at best just slowed down the forces attempting to consume everything. We can't even rely upon the Defense Grid since the Scarlet Empress is missing and no one else has been able to enter the Imperial Manse and activate it. Now, that being said, I have witnessed that the Wyld and the Underworld do not mix well, in fact they appear to be opposing forces. What if, by merging Creation with the Underworld, we actually create a shell or coating that protects it from the Wyld. That would eliminate one entire category of enemies, allowing us to actually focus on one front.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Creation can never really be rid of the Wyld. But it can be pushed back and easily maintained once a certain level of technology and power is reobtained. The Underworld was similarly contained by the old Deliberative. They allowed only a few Shadowlands to exist to serve as easy access points for themselves to enter the Underworld. They closed any others that popped up either with geomancy or Solar circle spells.
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

This may not be the best analogy ever, but I do believe that it is apt. I view the Wyld as a stomach and Creation as something within that stomach. Right now we are being slowly eaten away by the acids in that stomach, but what if there were a way to coat Creation in a shell, to protect it from the forces of the Wyld the way that a tapeworm's egg is coated.

What you are suggesting now is bringing the Deliberative back. Do you really think that is the best course of action? I personally think that we should begin thinking outside of the box, instead of trying to rely on methods of defense that sort of worked in the past. We have seen the past we have seen all of the plans, and what all of them result in. We don't have to follow through with the Time's mission, or we can just enact part of it, but we do need to do something new, take all that we know about the forces that we are working against and coallate the data that we have to formulate a new way to do things.

OOC: If things start going towards this course of action and you are concerned with the implications in the game that you are running, I see absolutely no problem with declaring that Creation splits into 2 separate planes/realities/dimentions a la Steven Hawkings or Schroedenger. One Creation changes, the other Creation does not.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

OOC: I should have marked that with OOC, as it was not meant to be in character. Assuming it was...

IC: I am not suggesting that the Deliberative be re-established, you're putting words in my mouth. However, yes, I do in fact endorse the re-establishment of a Deliberative. Not the same type as the old one, but a new one with more equal say on the part of the other Celestial Exalts.

The shell we can re-establish around Creation, which existed before the Usurpation, is constructed by two things: 1) the jade obelisks, most of which still physically exist out there, and 2) the Order-Conferring Trade Pattern, which ensured that new areas of Creation were binded to the greater whole. If Creation is to be maintained, that is the best way to do it, particularly since most of the heavy lifting has already been done.

However, the greater metaphysical fate of Creation should NOT be our primary concern right now. We have absolutely no power to act freely in the current social climate and THAT must be the first problem that we address.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

Avilister wrote:
However, the greater metaphysical fate of Creation should NOT be our primary concern right now. We have absolutely no power to act freely in the current social climate and THAT must be the first problem that we address.
Amari:
"so, speaking of that, what are people doing to impact the social climate? I've got my little house, but it really isn't the most powerful... yet. What about you?"

arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

I have been traveling around creation getting to know some of the up and coming powers. I think it will help slow down the coming civil war if I can diplom with them."
psn: aretepolitic
Steam: aretepolitic
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

Amari:
"Do we want to slow down that war?"

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

"I don't really, it could be a useful catalyist for change. I would like to have slightly better political footing before it starts, but once it is underway it shouldn't be too hard to seize a better position."

Random thought, Aizan activates Pasiap's Humility and ensures that Mnemon hasn't attached a demon to follow him. If she has, then he kills the demon outright. Soul Shattering, do not pass go, do not go directly to hell.
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

"I could start a school for Sorcery or Martial Arts off of the Blessed Isle...at least I could after I get back from the Underworld. I don't think that I would be able to influence things on the Blessed Isle myself seeing as how I don't have a house and at any of the schools that I could attempt to manipulate I would run up against the resistance of Kejak and his lackeys. The only other way that I see myself as being able to establish some modicum of influence is through the burgeoning Youth League. If anyone wants any members of their households eliminated though, I am your guy."
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

OOC:

there is also the cult of the illuminated paul.

and demon crumbles into motes. poor demon, it never hurt anybody.

rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

"So, does anyone have plans? Like larger scale than getting laid and introducing yourself to people? Not that those are bad mind you, but just wondering about the bigger picture."