In remembrance of all the joy, and misery, of past games. Leave your offerings here.
rydi
Site Admin

Exalted: Revelations-Circle Talk

Post by rydi »

This is a place where timeless discussion may occur. it is part in char, part out. Even though you guys are disorganized and unclear on things, your characters aren't and have had hundreds of meaningful planning sessions where you have synchronized, or at least come to understand, each others goals.

so. discuss from an IC standpoint, but don't worry about it being in real time or the discussion flowing naturally from topic to topic.
Last edited by rydi on Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

Note: This discussion occurs after we are back in the current time and discover that some Solars have reappeared.

"What do you all think that about Them returning? We saw what happened to them after the Primordial war and we know why they went mad, even if we don't know how it was done. I want to find a way to break the Curse. Others haven't known about it so they were dealing with the situation without all of the facts. Since we actually do know about it and know who placed it upon the Exalts then we might be able to discover a way to free them of it. What do you all think our response should be to this discovery?"
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

"I think we should focus on getting creation back to greatness in general. Breaking the curse, containing the undead, regaining wonders from the 1st age, and other such goals. Breaking the curse should definately be at the top of the list though."
psn: aretepolitic
Steam: aretepolitic
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

"We don't want to work towards restoring and protecting Creation only to have to make another hard decision because of insane Exalts destroying everything again, and I think that there is a better way to deal with them than imprisoning them. They did need to be stopped, don't get me wrong, but that plan didn't work other than to buy us time."
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

"The plan was over zealous, and got into this era. Either way curing the curse should be 1 of our many priorites. The undead could end up destroying creation while we try to bring back its rightful rulers. We need to make sure the threats to creation do not destroy it while the dragonblooded are taking care of it.
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

"I agree fully, we also need to watch out for denizens of the Wyld, the Fair Folk seem to have grown bold as of late"
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

"I think that this curse, if that is what it is, should be a priority, but not the top priority. Organization should be the key. Organization and education. The more people that know about the curse, the better. If they're aware of it, they may notice it manifesting in themselves. If they're aware of it, they will be more likely to pursue a solution. We are, all of us, skilled in our own ways, but a few Solars who have decided that this is their task will undoubtedly be more effective than we - who are primarily martial artists."

"Our goal should be organization and mobilization. If we can consolidate the scattered might of the Exalted, we should be able to put down these 'Deathlords' like this Mask of Winters figure that took out Thorns before we left. They are one of the most looming threats at current. The Fair Folk are also an issue, but I fear that will always be the case, as there is simply no way for us to eliminate the Wyld altogether."

"I am also troubled by the disappearance of my great grandmother. She was known to vanish for periods of time, but it has been far too long. The Realm is fracturing in her absence. My first goal will be to do what I can to unite the Houses again. I care not who sits the throne - probably best that no one does - but the Realm itself cannot be allowed to devolve into petty infighting when bigger problems are at hand."
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

"do you envision the realm as a partber in ruling creation, or as something else?
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

"In the past the Realm has always ruled Creation. In the present things are only slightly different. In the future, a reunited Realm should rule Creation again. Rulership of that Realm should consist of many. The Dynasty should certainly have their say, having been Creation's stewards for these last 700 years, but the other Exalts should also be participants. Unlike the old Deliberative wherein only the Solars had votes and only the Celestials were aloud to attend, this new Realm should allow the vote by all Celestial Exalts with some number of votes allowed for Dragonblooded interests as well. We - they - have earned that much."
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

"sounds like a good objective. We should definely work toward that, and the other goals mentioned. On that note how has the realm treated you sense your return?"
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

"I think that the only way to truly have cooperation between the Dragon-blooded, Celestials, and the Solars at this point after so many years of propaganda and pain is to destroy the Immaculate Order, or at least change it. I am not saying that the Cult of the Illuminated is any better, they are very deluded as well. That puts us in direct conflict with Kejak however."

OOC: Have Zeeva and Adin been completely under the radar since we got back or has Heaven noticed? If they have, has anything been said to either of us about our changes or has nobody noticed?
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

Ooc: heaven knows and we have done little with them. I am going there after greyfalls.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

ooc: heaven knows you are back, but you seem to be under a shield of some sort. as we have already seen, the sidereals didn't notice the power of the gaian's, and though they note your power, they don't seem to remember you clearly when you are out of their sight, especially the spirits.

ic: (amari)

So... what should I be doing? We could be doing anything right now...

Personally, I want to take over my house and use their network to provide us with the infrastructure to start bringing things together, and i want to walk into the cloister and take over... but i realize there are reasons against this plan of action.

What i really don't want to do though is sit around wasting our power and skulking around. sure, get the lay of the land, but once we have a good picture of what is going on, I want to ACT.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

"Well, in all of those things we have an advantage, all of you are now powerful enough to be the leaders of major houses I would imagine. You just don't have the apparent age. Cathak's youth league may not be a bad idea, if done right it would allow you to earn the loyalty of the younger Dragon-bloods and from that political power. As for Zeeva and I there are some political moves that we might consider as well. The Convention of Air is open and it is close to Whitewall which is in control of the Syndics who are very sympathetic to the Solars and dissapproved of the Usurpation. If either of us could gain control of that Convention then that opens up many very beneficial connections including the Bull of the North."
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

"Certainly your House will be easier to get contol of than mine will be. My grandmother is a... domineering woman. I'm currently doing what I can to get in her good graces and build up some leverage with her. Fortunately, she's also providing me with some opportunities to make some contacts among the Tepet and a few of the Nellens. I'll make sure to put in a good word for you among the Nellens I meet."

Considering things deeply, Aizan speaks again, "I think that, ultimately, I am in agreement - the Immaculate Order will need to be dismantled or radically reformed in order for the Realm to be able to work with the other Exalted..."