Generally general.

Moderator: Mods

Ivanovich
Lost Knight

a forum only vampire game

Post by Ivanovich »

I want to get an idea of how many people would like to play in an online only vampire game set in Oklahoma City. I do not have many details set up right now and will not be ready for a bit, but i need to get an idea of how many people want to play in order to decide how I would like to set this up.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

sure.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

One big question that I will ask and I'm sure many others would if I don't: "New or old vampire?"
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

I might be in for an oWoD.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

true. i'd play either, but i prefer the owod story all in all. nwod mechanics are at times better, and the clans are better for larp... but that stuff doesn't matter for boards as much, as long as you are the one doing all the rolling.

meh. i don't care upon deeper thought. whatever.

Ivanovich
Lost Knight

Post by Ivanovich »

I kind of want to run nwod to get more of a feel for that system. I think the somewhat more simplified system makes things run smoother. If people are more up for owod i might be willing to switch to that. Not a huge deal since i really do not have much written up and will not have to change many details at this point
angelicyokai
Lost Knight

Post by angelicyokai »

I am all for it. How are you thinking you might run it? Forum or something like skype?
[CENTER]ImageTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/CENTER]

“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”
― Marcus Aurelius
Ivanovich
Lost Knight

Post by Ivanovich »

I am thinking it would be forum based. That way as you all come up with stuff you want to do or explore i can have more time to react to what you want or do.

Thinking on it some though I think I may just go with oWod since I know it better. So input please, unless Rydi, Avilister, Durden, and Angel are all that have some.
angelicyokai
Lost Knight

Post by angelicyokai »

I am up for either and am equally unproficient with either set or rules. :lol:

“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”
― Marcus Aurelius
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

I'm seeing things.
angelicyokai
Lost Knight

Post by angelicyokai »

thats probably the drugs...haven't you learned about mixing medicine yet?

― Marcus Aurelius
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

I hate the way you are playing with the droplet.
Ivanovich
Lost Knight

Post by Ivanovich »

how would people feel about mixing the two a bit. keep the old wod rules and clans, but take the factions from nwod. Some clans of course would be factions in and of themselves, like Giovanni or possibly Ravnos, but most factions would transcend clan.

I like this idea because it makes Kindred society less black and blacker (Camrilla v. Sabbat). It gives people of differing clans to trust each other more and can increase political tension a bit without making it devolve into a faction war.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

fine with me. keep the clans, add the covenants in place of the shitty cam/sabbat dichotomy.

owod or nwod system mechanics? if you are keeping the old clans you run into some conversion probs i've found...

Ivanovich
Lost Knight

Post by Ivanovich »

like i said the owod rules so that i can keep the old clans. Some problems will arrise from the covenants that have special powers, but i will work on a way to possibly allow them. Maybe just allow them limited use of thaum.