In remembrance of all the joy, and misery, of past games. Leave your offerings here.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Some of the "local" dieties are out and about, drawn to Greyfalls by the gravity of an Incarna visitation. Most of these are from the 100 Kingdoms, though some are from other nearby areas of the River Province. Most have met Sidereals, or at least heard of them, and aren't surprised that one is here looking around, so they don't really pay you any mind.

The appointment is actually for -after- lunch. As such, Rombulac is back at his desk and doing paperwork. He ignores you as you enter until you actually say something, ekeing out precious seconds to try to get all "this blasted work" complete.
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

Zeeva speaks to rommy "hello Rombulac, I am Zeeva from house (i don't remeber, but it was small) I was sent here to see what transpired in the area, and I was hoping you could help me get in contact with the other Dragonblooded in the area."
psn: aretepolitic
Steam: aretepolitic
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

OOC: You were a 'member' of House V'neef.

Rombulac looks annoyed, "I am not in the habit of social networking for others. Particularly not for the Dynasty since they left me high and dry when the Solars arrived," you might notice he does not call them Anathema (as a character this may not be a big deal - especially since you've just spend 2000 years in a time where that is total normal, from an OOC perspective, it is definitely a change).

"The number of Dragonblooded in the area has almost doubled in the last week, I couldn't even begin to point them all out. My household and that of Cathak Kitano - the former commander of the military - are the most promenant. Sister Cloud Hands - former sister? whatever - is itinerant now, and after all this, I'm not sure what she thinks. Others are mostly transitory, traders or Outcastes local to the area and not from the Isle." He gives the name of one of the more high class inns where Dragonblooded are more likely to be staying while in town.

He looks annoyed, "Now, have you any business to conduct with me? I'm a very busy man, you understand."
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

"Thank you for the information, I will let you get back to work, I do appreciate your time. I hope if you need any help with the anathem (if this term set him off i activate life with out compuction 5m) or anything let me know"

I head off to whom ever he gave me.
Last edited by arete on Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

OOC: I decided Amari would probably hitch a ride as well, in hopes of working to increase the trade potential of her house, and bringing the trade agreements with greyfalls out into the open, a first step toward changing the realm stance on anathema.

IC: "Yes, actually I have a great deal to discuss with you, after you are done with my friend here. I am Nellens Amari."
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

OOC: Was Amari from any of the major households - or does she otherwise have notable parentage enough that this guy out in the boonies might have heard of her?

IC: "Indeed? Business? The time for social niceties is still hours away," he taps the rather large stack of paper on his desk pointedly.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

"...yes, well, perhaps we could all have a nice meal later tonight zeeva? You could bring the other two...

Ah, I am here to propose that we step up some of the trade between greyfalls, or the wonderfalls republic, or whatever it is going by. This will move the trade from its covert status, and give some legitimacy to your kingdom, and it will profit everyone by increasing the flow of commerce. I would be happy to assist you in organizing this transition as long as my companions are here, and will also press for you to be recognized as an invaluable member of our house.

With the things that are occurring here, it wouldn't do to miss out on the boom in visitors you are already seeing, and it would be good for house nellens to be an ally of your kingdom when the inevitable shitstorm begins, and honestly, nellens is strong enough that such an alliance will at most make our house look bad for a little while."

arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

Zeeva smiles " dinner sounds fabulous." (if amari wanted me to stay i would. I would have asked in advance.) Otherwise I say "If you both will excuss me i have business to attend to"
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

ooc: she doesn't care either way. it's up to you.

arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

Zeeva stays then, but afterward heads to talk to the other dragons.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

ooc: and no, amari was not from a major household. she was actually not very memorable before becoming cool. she was as much of a nerd as a DB could be.

Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

::Adin makes it appear as though he is staring at one of the statues of the Patrons (one of the statues of our pc's in the other game) although he is looking at one of the gods hanging out here and addresses it as if he is talking to himself under his breath::

"What actually happened here? Did the Unconquered Sun really appear before the people of this city? What would compel him to do that?"
adam
Lost Knight

Post by adam »

Uzura had some business to attend to so he arrived later than the others. The first thing that Uzura does is go to the Unconquered Sun's place of arrival. When he arrives he notices that the place is at least forming into a demance (it is an automatic roll that exalted get when they are near a mance/demance to notice its presence)

Wanting to know what happened when the Unconquered Sun appeared, he contemplates casting Shadows of the Ancient Past to know what really happened. But Uzura knows that the rest of the group would like to see he goes and finds them.

Another person he wants to talk to is Cathak Kitano.
Out there somewhere there is a Tarrasque eating delicious epic corn waiting to start a journey...
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

steven gets a wonderful next post... paul needs spirits, i need rombulac, adam needs kitano, and jason needs a kitten.

as far as showing them stuff with your spell, you can do that after the meeting with rombulac is over probably.

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Amseriah wrote:"What actually happened here? Did the Unconquered Sun really appear before the people of this city? What would compel him to do that?"
One of them (actually the goddess that the player party met in the hundred kingdoms that had the tower-temple with lots of light) looks at you confusedly. She does not talk (because I'm pretty sure I never had her talk) but with gestures that are remarkably expressive, she confirms that the big UC did, indeed, put in an appearance and that she isn't certain why, though most of the townsfolk tend to talk about some sort of ritual that a pygmy was conducting before his grand entrance.
adam wrote:Another person he wants to talk to is Cathak Kitano.
Kitano both is, and is not, an easy man to find. He spends a good deal of his time now in the market area with his men (who are functionally mercenaries now) ensuring that no one attempts to disrupt "Realm Trade". In the mornings he trains with them for about two hours before going to do this for most of the afternoon. In the late afternoon or evenings he becomes almost impossible to find as he meets with a variety of traveling merchants in order to secure more trade agreements with his House. When he does move around, he's pretty easy to find, as he's always got about a half dozen of his men with him. Despite not being the local General anymore, he still looks very much the military man.
rydi wrote:With the things that are occurring here, it wouldn't do to miss out on the boom in visitors you are already seeing, and it would be good for house nellens to be an ally of your kingdom when the inevitable shitstorm begins, and honestly, nellens is strong enough that such an alliance will at most make our house look bad for a little while."
Rombulac looks somehow both annoyed and intrigued. "I haven't heard of you, girl," (we do all still look exceptionally young, yes?), "Do you have the authority to speak for the House?"
rydi wrote:jason needs a kitten.
Almost on cue, a heathcat wanders into Rombulac's office and leaps up onto a table situated against one of the walls. It circles atop a pile of papers a few times before laying down to sleep in the shade (indeed, hearthcats do not seem to sleep in the sunlight as often as normal cats do).