In remembrance of all the joy, and misery, of past games. Leave your offerings here.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

cathak cathak still waits...
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

rydi wrote:What did you want to do the next day? follow ups? next in line? what?
Follow ups would be best. Since the goal is to make contacts, and he doesn't really have a timeframe, I figure that a few days, at minimum, can be spent trying to build a good rapport. Also, it didn't get brought up, but he'd offer the fertility thing Mnemon gave him to each of them, as a courtesy.

Need to work in a visit to old man Cathak with the circle at some point, but my social calender is pretty full, and they seemed pretty eager to go to Greyfalls. :P
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

When you return to see her after a few days (3), her mother nearly sends you away, but apparently Nijone wants to see you. This is odd, as mom was all about you being allies, though perhaps she doesn't want people to think that you might be the father of any child produced by the union.

When you see her, she has a wan smile, and seems happy (crush, remember?). But she is very pale, and looks ill. she is lying on a couch, and she has a servant playing some soft music in another room nearby.

"I'm sorry I'm... not really sure what's wrong, but ever since yesterday I've been feeling ill, and mother isn't sure what to do about it, as it would make us look bad going to a doctor... we aren't supposed to get sick you know. But I knew you would understand... No, don't come any closer, just in case it is contagious. Though I think mother would have gotten it if it were. How are you?"

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

"I am well. If you like, I could examine you. I may not be a doctor, but I do have some medical training, but in the form of first aid needed in the field and in the healing techniques taught in the Cloister of Wisdom." Aizan will try virtually anything to get her to let him have a look at her. He's got Medicine 7 and pretty much every printed Medicine charm. He is also worried because he suspects that the fertility agent that Mnemon provided might have been poisoned, as that is a method very like her. With any luck, he may be able to do something about clearing it up.

Edit: In other news, I think its fun to fantastically understate my abilities. "I have some medical training" indeed. I'm a fucking world-class double-plus master doctor supreme with Medicine 7. I could probably heal most colds by spitting at people.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

hmmm... are you using any props, and do you use an excellency/charm/etc?

"I suppose, if you think it would help."

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

OOC: I can max out the 2nd Excellency. Didn't really bring any props for this sort of thing, though. If they have something on hand, I'll use that. There's really not much else in the way of charms for DBs to identify diseases on sight, so just mundane stuff and the 2nd Ex will have to do. Medicine is 7, Perception is 5, Intelligence is 4, if you need other numbers let me know.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

Venom of the black cobra-spider, a rare first age crossbreed, produces an effect similar to her symptoms. In mortals the venom produces instant, messy death. In Exalts the poison is more subtle, hitting the nervous system and causing nausea, blurred vision, shakes, dizziness, and improper action of the peripheral nervous system, such as a large histamine response. While this occurs, a necrotic effect begins to slowly eat away at the victim from the inside.

Anti-venom would help, assuming that there is no magical effect associated with the venom, but the last cobra-spiders were supposedly dead a thousand years ago. Magical medicine from great forks (if i remember correctly they have a panacea), or healing charms may help, depending on their nature.

You find no marks for injection of the venom, but you do know that it can be ingested as well. Grandma is a bitch.

arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

(ooc: damn that is cold)
psn: aretepolitic
Steam: aretepolitic
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

OOC: We talked on Skype a bit to clear up some specifics, here are the results.
Aizan makes a note to check on the other doses of 'fertility drug' provided by dear old grandmother (Awareness 7/Medicine 7/Resistance 7/Stamina 7(or 8)/Perception 5. I can probably taste it and be fine, or smell it, or ingest it, or something).

"Nijone, I don't want to scare you, but this appears to be some kind of poison. It is not contagious, so don't worry about that. It is advancing pretty rapidly. I can repair some of the damage it has already done to your system, but we'll need to administer some sort of cure to truly get rid of the problem." Aizan moves to be square with her. "Please, close your eyes." As she does, he checks to make sure no one is watching and activates Wood Dragon Succor to absorb all of the damage she is currently suffering. Once he has left, he'll activate Wood Dragon form for a few minutes to allow the damage to liver and kidneys to heal.

"You should be in better shape now, but the poison is tenacious and deadly. I will be leaving at once to go after a cure. Until then, do what you can to rest."

Unless she has something else to say, Aizan returns to his quarters, allows Wood Dragon Form to heal him, and contacts his fellows in Greyfalls via Uzura's spell (that will be posted in the Greyfalls thread).
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

she is frightened, but stalwart. She is also confused.

"how could i have been poisoned? it makes no sense, i'm not important, and even if i were, i haven't had anything out of the ordinary happen except meeting you."

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Aizan frowns, concerned, "I am not certain, myself. I will discretely ask around to see if I can find anything out. While I have an idea of who the culprit may be, I want to check on a few things before doing any finger pointing. Such finger pointing may not do any good if it is who I suspect."
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

"Alright. well, its lucky you were here, or i'd just... die i suppose. thank you so much... if i can ever repay you..."

of note, she doesn't mention having drank an odd, funky tasting poison a few nights before.

rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

so. you get the antivenom, and you give it to her.

The toxins seep out of her skin, actually damaging any material touching it. After another round of healing she is alright... except for the permanent crippling effect caused by the toxin. She will always have shakes, mild and unpredictable seizures, and other nervous disorders that make her suck.

Unless you can find something to fix that.

The relief at not being ill makes her cry, as does the tremor in her hands. She thanks you, but at the same time is uncertain of her fate, as she will not be able to move amongst other DB's without pitty or scorn.

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

OOC: So this Crippling effect, is it new? Not a lot can heal those aside from charms used on the self. Only Solars have charms that can heal them in others, that I can recall.
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

OOC: Well now that you are of the same level as a Celestial Exalt and you have medicine at 7 wouldn't it be possible for you to make a charm that could heal crippling effects. I could see it being wood aspected or at least tinged