In remembrance of all the joy, and misery, of past games. Leave your offerings here.
rydi
Site Admin

Knights: OOC-What to do?

Post by rydi »

So. after 5ish years, the game is pretty much dead. what i want to know is what would people like to do with the corpse? assuming anyone even reads this, please MAKE A POST and tell me. some possible options are:

1. let it be. leave it where it is and let it rot.
2. bury it (in the dead games forum)
3. interact with its ghost via the wonders of modern tech (have an online game)
4. use its genes to clone a baby, and raise it right this time (start over again from the beginning)
5. re-animate the corpse, Frankenstein style (restart either the owod or nwod version of the game at a future date)
Last edited by rydi on Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Providing that people as a whole are looking to continue playing at all (and this would need to be more than about the 5-7 of us that play other stuff more regularly) I would say that the entire world needs to be rebooted.

There are several reasons for this. One is simply because of the general change in population. Another is because of power creep. Yet another depends on whether we're looking at oWoD or nWoD. I think we can generally agree that importing oWoD characters into nWoD didn't go smoothly. If we stick with nWoD, we should start over from the ground up. If we go with oWoD, we may want to consider exploring 'A Different City' instead of 'The City'.

That's just my 2 cents.
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

I say that we take the corpse clean it off as well as we can to clear out all of the infectious contaminates and then grow a colony of mold or something on it as if it was a petree dish. (keep the city, try to remove as much owod crap from it as we can, and then have everyone interested in it make a new character...preferably with preludes...don't have any pc's on any different tier to start with, that should be a thing to earn through rp )
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

I say let it die, the changes over the years were fun, but after some changes to the political structure & clan identity I do not want to anything to do with the old story. The new vampire very little appeal to me, and I think it would be fun to explore a new nwod setting. Mage, WereWolf, and Changling offer cool settings/themes we never explore.

I do think we should continue our summer get togethers, and if that means roleplaying vampire I would be happy to help run it.

Edit: I wanted add that I disagree with Paul. Vampire has different tiers of power either though npc's or players, and people who have invested in the game for years should get a return.
psn: aretepolitic
Steam: aretepolitic
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

Well I agree in that I have no real desire to play a VAMPIRE, but I think that the option to play a kindred should be open to those who truly love them. I really love the story/setting/system for mage and changeling and would like to play them. It doesn't have to be in the same city I guess...but I do like the idea of playing a cross-template game over the summers. If that game can have some good stories/plot all the better.
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

I would like to note that I disagree with Jason's disagreement. I understand where he is going with his arguement however that was part of the problem near the end with the game...older players didn't really have anything to work towards, especially since the city wasn't going to shit in a handbasket every week anymore, so we all just kind of sat there and stared at each other....I think that people either need room to grow or an good strong plot/story to interact with.
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

The thing about being "old" is that it's a totally different play style from being young. I think were having issues adjusting to it, but also if they do not want to be part of that level of play they should be able to reroll with all their experience, or play 2 characters. Also part of the problem was that top level people kept leaving which disrupted long term planning. I personally was done playing when all my tori and ventrue alliances were gone.
Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

Post by Guardiankrillin »

Being the "new blood" sort of speak of the game, I enjoyed the first summer that I participated in immensely. I came in as a low level character and had to try to grow my character around characters that were able to eat me at a moments notice. I agree with Jason that Vampire does need tiers of characters to help the development of the game. I do see however a problem when players gain characters of higher stature/age and have trouble playing in that game style. I thought however most players handled this type of transition well. The idea of having a upper eschelons character is to start making your own plot to make things happen, this can be difficult for some whom just go with the flow of plot.

I liked the original summer, I also would not have given the NWOD system a chance if it weren't for the process of trying to fit one system into another. I think it was a failed experiment and we should move on to either another OWOD, NWOD setting or maybe give the NWOD Vampire a chance without the background from the past games. The only exception would be the few players who started their characters this most recent summer. This would leave my character Denton out. I for instance think Denton, failed to acquire his true goal but with the system change lost his true purpose to begin with. I like the idea of Changeling, Werewolf, even Hunter. I will play whatever system NWOD or OWOD except Mage. I even like Wraith.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

hmmm...

i have an idea forming...

arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

The change to clan nosferatu was tramatizing. It seriously hampers tranlation of characters fluffwise
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

What is this idea that you have forming in your brain, Great One?
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

I found summer game to be one of a handful of highlights to my gaming career. I enjoyed being carson, and I continued to enjoy being mr. French after carson retired. I like the social interaction and all the girls.

I like the new system.

I offer my countenance setting to cheyne. I'm still going to continue the text based, otherwise, but if a new city is what is needed, I'd be happy working with cheyne from the ground up, whether he wants to use my partially completed city or not.

And to the above discussion: I remember when getting a GM was hard enough that his whim was feared. Get off my lawn.
angelicyokai
Lost Knight

Post by angelicyokai »

I have no interaction with the summergame, but should it be reborn with a portion of online play availible I would be down with it. (Cause I'm just not gaming enought!)
[CENTER]ImageTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/CENTER]

“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”
― Marcus Aurelius
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

i don't know when, i don't know where, and i don't know who. I don't even know if there will be enough people to matter. but my idea is this:

take the new system. take the new clans and covenants and bullshit. bloodlines will be tightly controlled but more allowed than in last game, probably only 2 bloodlines in the city (so that they can maintain a political power base, rather than everyone having them just to expand powers). allow other stuff, werewolves and mages. changelings are a maybe... but i want to read more.

the gist of it is very similar to gids reclamation idea: freshly open city, no one knows what the hell is up with it or why no sups are in it, but everyone wants new territory, and the mystically minded see a lot of potential.

the characters must carve out a powerbase for their respective kinds, serving as scouts, territory claimers, and detectives all at once. then, after they settle in, they get to figure out a bit more of the puzzle, and deal with shit that comes up unique to the city, while dealing with the mishmash of other critters that have come into the city and laid claim to things.

the city, by nature, would be imbalanced in composition. perhaps everyone made ordo and carthians, and only one lancia... well, that lancia may wind up dead, or with a tiny abbey in a corner of town, and the other two orders would own the city... except that one tribe of werewolves and the mysterium also own the city for their respective kinds. and don't forget about the other, more rare creatures of the night.

the actual city? the city of course. makes my life easier on several levels, esp. since we have a nice map of it, laid out in convenient districts.

Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

that sounds cool