In remembrance of all the joy, and misery, of past games. Leave your offerings here.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Oh, also also, did you know there's a perfect defense in the Thrown tree? I'll definately be going after that (because its cool, and also a counter attack charm). It only applies against ranged attacks though.

The first time someone throws a lightning bolt or something at her and she blocks it with her hand and crushes it into nothing (visually a lot like Yoda does in EpII), it will be glorious.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

huh... i vaguely remember it, but i didn't know it was actually a perfect, just thought it was a good defense... does it have a mirror? cuz if it does i'll suggest it for haley's night caste, and if not, that might explain why i didn't notice it (i only looked at thrown to help her).
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

I don't think it does, but we could probably make one.

The charm in question is called "Lightning Clutch of the Raptor". It lets you catch projectiles as a perfect defense against them. With Essence 4+ it lets you throw phyiscal ones back as a counter-attack.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

ah. cool. if it doesn't have a mirror, that would explain why i never noticed it. and my abyssal was super far from ever using thrown too.

not sure if making a mirror is necessary. leave the abyssals some sort of good defensive charms that aren't trumped by the solars.

arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

I think dodge makes more sense. I could still do resistance if I want, but I would like a ruling on void avatar Prana. Sense it has a non-spectral perfect defence built into it.
psn: aretepolitic
Steam: aretepolitic
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

That thar's a big fuckin' can o'worms.
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

It a big can of worms I am headed toward. The charm needs to be a scene duration, and cost 3motes per defence
Ivanovich
Lost Knight

Post by Ivanovich »

1. I am thinking about how I want to handle Void Avatar Prana. Since no one at White Wolf has apparently thought to answer the numerous questions about how in the fucking hell it is supposed to work.

2. I would like some idea how close people are to having finished characters. I am looking at being ready tomorrow if i sit down and avoid other activities tonight and work on the game.
adam
Lost Knight

Post by adam »

I am finished with my character. A day caste who is good at taking peoples appearance and attacking from stealth.
Out there somewhere there is a Tarrasque eating delicious epic corn waiting to start a journey...
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

I am done minus a few things that can only be worked out after talking with you
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

haley will be done tonight or tomorrow, i'm done except for pinning down charms, but the working plan is basically the one jason suggested.

for void avatar prana:
in my opinion, each of the abilities separately are pretty badass, but both together are just ludicrous. the problem with defining the ability is that there is really no way of knowing what the hell was going through the designers heads, so you just have to feel it out.

but for my two cents, i think the key is to decide whether it will be defensive or offensive, b/c both abilities are just a bit much. in making this decision i would look at the trend set by the path. to my mind the perfect defense is really out of place, as there are no other defensive charms in the tree, but the offensive makes alot of sense.

the second thing that will have to be done, is making the power actually work, by rewording it to actually mechanically make sense.

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Mechanically it should probably be worded like the 'secret technique' charm from hungry ghost that actually increases the form-type charm.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Oh, and I'm pretty much done as well. I might shuffle a few things around, but its mostly as-is.
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

I just want a nonspectral perfect. If I need resistance instead of dodge that is fine
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

You will need to get resistance. Or the Temperance MA.