Generally general.

Moderator: Mods

Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

I'll be arriving in OKC on friday around noon and will head straight to mercy. I'll be there until saturday afternoon/eveningish.
Ana
Knight

Post by Ana »

any news from overnight or today?
Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

Post by Guardiankrillin »

Me and Emily saw him shortly after they gave him pain medication to assist his sleep. While there he woke for a moment and recognized us then shortly went back to sleep. His mother said his appearance looked better that morning, his tempature was slowly going down from 104 down to 100, and his blood pressure was stabalizing slower.
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

well, as it turns out I won't be there.

american airlines is a bunch of criminals, never fly with them if you can help it.

their plane landed, and then broke. They briefly considered flying a crew in to repair it and letting us use that plane to fly to san juan, but that would be nice and possibly cost them money.

So, I had to cancel my plans. They've decided to keep my money for a week though, just in case I had planned to fly with their competitor. Oh, and I had to find my own ride back home from the airport here.

So I basically spent all day yesterday at the airport in dominica, which has no air conditioning and is basically a barn with a long parking lot into which liat and american eagle crash their planes.

I will try to travel again after the upcoming exam.

Hang in there buddy
angelicyokai
Lost Knight

Post by angelicyokai »

well I fly several times a year, and you can consider them boycotted for me. Sorry to hear you couldn't make it out
[CENTER]ImageTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/CENTER]

“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”
― Marcus Aurelius
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

I appreciate it.

I'm going to try to come out after the upcoming exam, depending on how he's doing.
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

So what is the current update? Anyone know anything new? Last I heard (I visited him on Wednesday) they were thinking that they might do the surgery on Thursday if he was stable. Did they do it? Is he making any headway in recovering?
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

dunno...
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

ok thael is gona be stuck in the hospital for several months. he will be jobless, and without a place to live after all of this. They are going to start a money fund cause frankly he will need help, stay posted!
psn: aretepolitic
Steam: aretepolitic
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

isn't it like...illegal to fire someone because they are mortally ill?
Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

Post by Guardiankrillin »

I would have thought so until that post
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

at will employment state... dunno.

Ivanovich
Lost Knight

Post by Ivanovich »

FMLA - Family and Medical Leave Act - might cover this. It depends on if Thael's employer has more than 50 employees. Though even if that is met he has to have been an employee there for 12 months. If so he gets 12 weeks of unpaid time off because of a serious health problem.

On top of that has anyone actually talked to his job? i do not know that many people would fire someone simply because they had a major medical problem.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

he was still temp, his 90 days wasn't up.

i still think he could probably get it back though.

until he gets on his feet he could stay with various people on their couches or whatever, up to a month or two. after that, me and jason both have rooms for rent... at moment anyway. he's used to being on his own, but you do what you have to.

Galahad
Knight

Post by Galahad »

I'm not sure what the situation will be as far as the hospital bill is concerned, but there will probably be some kind of payment plan - however, that won't cover office visits and prescriptions once he gets out; I hope he and his family can sort out some way of coping that doesn't land them in the poor house

Those things aren't so important now, though, Thael getting better is.
Please tell him I'm praying for him.