In remembrance of all the joy, and misery, of past games. Leave your offerings here.
rydi
Site Admin

Exalted: FoB - In the interim...

Post by rydi »

what do people do?

so far we have:
adam goes and diploms
jason (asumed) trains new troops and gaurds the town
paul and i go to the edge of creation to recruit, inform, and fight
haley, thael, and avilister stay in town a'craftin'

but we should probably get some details going. esp. for the people that are leaving. paul, you've got our story. i haven't read the wyld book, or the lunar book.

oh, and we construct a temple before we leave. i'll take care of most of that, though others will need to roll for the thing.
Last edited by rydi on Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

so. temple:

as per paul, we want entertainment. there should be a new performance sector there. after thinking about it, an auditorium for a play or song performance would be cool, and would be a nice addition to our arts and sciences concept for the town.

good architecture is a must.

icons to all the nearby deities, a few popular incarna, and of course a section for our circle. i actually probably have a few stories about me circulating btw, from all the stuff, the ghost crap, vengeful spirit of justice, etc.

the temple should be in the town proper, not garrison heights.

it should have a souvenir shop.

that is all i've got tonight. if i come up w/more i will mention it. and others feel free to add stuff.

Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

For the Temple:

As well as just passive entertainment it should also have active entertainment, such as something akin to putt-putt or bowling, an activity that people can actually take part in. Also since we are going to be transforming this town into a center for science and arts we could use new technological advancements to create things like roller coasters.

Another thing that would be cool would be to have an area of it like Epcot center where it is devoted to entertaining education, the thought being that if we can inspire kids to love science and art then they might decide to go to school here and increase our numbers and revenue.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

It takes him about two weeks, but Avilister can draw up some pretty nice blueprints. He seems to almost spontaneously develop know-how regarding architecture as he works on the project.
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

the Temple aside

In addition to my sorcery/medicine/crafting research efforts I also will be working on learning the charms in my style that deal with immaterial beings so that with all the small gods popping up if there are any issues that need to be dealt with either between them and the citizens or amongst themselves I can help act as a neutral 3rd party and if needed an enforcer of agreements and decisions
That which is not dead can eternal lie and with strange eons even death may die
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

After construction of the temple is underway, largely supervised by local intelligencia as they're more than eager to see the Realm replaced and are mostly only nominally loyal to the Immaculate faith, Avilister retreats to employ his new architectual knowledge in designing a good sized forge for his new school. He also enters discussions with Nellens Rombulac to aquire the land to build the school. In particular he's interested in land on the river so that he can use the moving water to power an automated bellows and other similar features.

When he's not busy writing up plans for buildings or hammering out a new sword or something, he also reads a few of the dusty old tomes he brough with him. He mentions in passing that it'd be nice to be able to bind a few demons for construction work, but doesn't seem to make headway very quickly in summoning any.

His white cat, who more and more often takes human form, spends a great deal of her time studying magic as well. When she isn't doing that, she works with some of the intelligencia to sell off all the crap Avil's making. She keeps a bit of the money for herself and visits the misty crappy district that I can't remember the name of right now quite a bit and either hands money out or outright purchases a few of the buildings (particularly any that are abandoned). Over the course of several weeks she hires people to turn these into primary schools, orphanages, and a crude medical clinic.

If anyone bothers to ask her, she introduces herself as Shisa Whitenight from the Halsanti League (I think I spelled that right). In human form, she's small, compact and pale - not death-pale, but snow-pale. She has very long hair that is as white as he cat-form fur is. She's incredibly beautiful (App 4 or 5) but has sort-of-offputting yellow cat's eyes in all of her forms (her Tell). Most people don't seem to notice her different eyes.

Kaishin, the mentor, helps a little with planning the temple but otherwise leaves once people start to disperse for downtime. He sends an Infallible Messenger off one day and a few hours later a blue dragon with cloudy blotches of scales arrives and he rides off on it. Almost the entire city forgets this event within an hour, but any PCs in the city probably saw him leave.

Darkstar recieves a letter that arrives floating next to him in an odd little container. After reading it he lets you know he's got a mission and that he should be back in a few weeks/months. He requisitions a horse and rides along the big ole road into the Hundred Kingdoms.

How much advertising do you all do about the city? Keep in mind that most of your proposed infrastructure is not yet un place, but advertising will accomplish two things: 1) It will let people know that this is a place undergoing radical change and is now a place to go for learning (particularly crafts, someone needs to be lined up to 'lead the charge' if you're looking to get the city involved in the arts and in other more general university fields); 2) It will let people know that the Realm infrastructure of the city is falling away - this may prompt some to want to invade, the curious might investigate, others may seek to ally themselves with you. Optionally there is also 3) Advertise that "anathema" are now running a city. This, of course, depends on whether or not you all decide to widely advertise your Exalted natures. I should note that, at this point, its basically impossible to hide that fact from the general populace of the city.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

well, adam is going all over the hundred kingdoms and advertising/diploming. paul and i are doing the same as we head out to the edges of creation. but it is probably until the temple is built, and the city a bit more secure, before we start on the leaving business.

i say advertise, let the world know that anathema are here to stay. just me though.

adam
Lost Knight

Post by adam »

I will be going to the 100 Kingdoms as a diplomat for the newly freed Greyfalls. During my visit to the different Kingdoms I will be spreading the news that Greyfalls is no longer under the Realms command, and trying to strengthen/create trade ties and see if I can find scholars or teachers to strengthen our schools. I will be mainly focusing on the bordering Kingdoms. While in am within a Kingdom, I will also be learning as much as I can about their economic and military status.

I will want to have Eternal Peaceful Repose write a pamphlet about Greyfalls. I am buying Wise-Eyed Courtier Method charm and upping my socialize before I go out and diplom. My normal method of entry into a Kingdom will be descending into a marketplace from the sky in all the Solar gloryness, unless it is a fort or a castle, I don't want my action to be interpreted as hostile.
Out there somewhere there is a Tarrasque eating delicious epic corn waiting to start a journey...
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

i'm posting mutation rolls here.

i figure a majority of time is spent diploming and traveling. maybe 3-4 months spent in the actual wyld, and only 3-4 weeks of that spent in the middlemarches or deep wyld.

border march rolls all successful
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1669942/

and a roll for visions resulted in 6 successes
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1669945/

middlemarches, 3 rolls, all successes
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1669959/

deep wyld, 3 rolls, all successes
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1669961/

this results in some combination of poxes and afflictions, depending on how many weeks we spend in middle marches or how many days in the deep wyld. not sure if there is a random chart or not. don't think it is fair to pick them myself, though i don't want something that too drastically changes the nature of the character or her appearance (blue hair or something is fine, hooves or huge size are not).

claws or talons would be glorious, night vision and endurance/speed enhancing things seem appropriate given the character. other stuff is fine too.

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

We should be clear here, you're probably not spending that much time in the actual Wyld. My impression was that the vast majority of your time would be spent on the edge of creation talking to barbarian tribes. The vast majority of these tribes would not be in the Wyld at all, not even the Bordermarches. Unless you actively went into the Wyld (and it usually gets pretty obvious when you're going from Creation to the Wyld) you probably don't need to roll for mutations at all.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

then why did people tell me to get the charm that lets me resist shaping? seems pointless if we weren't going to be going into the wyld.

in that case, i wouldn't mind going into the wyld for a little while just to get claws, and then use the rules for getting a thing you actually want (claws that don't require essence 4 and 16xp). unless we have something worth doing in the wyld. up to paul whether there is something he would want to accomplish there.

Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

I know that the barbarian tribes aren't really in the Wyld but I thought that you wanted to go over there to kill some fair folk for fun and practice...besides they would be a constructive use for your infinite hate for existence. Also I sorta wanted to find the jade obelisks or at least remnants of some of them.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Ok, here's the downtime eep breakdown:
5 - End of Story (Conquering Greyfalls)
5 - Downtime maturation
5 - Up for grabs. Write me a few paragraphs about what you did during downtime. Feel free to make up NPCs, tribes, kingdoms, faeries, goblins, ghosts, demons, Abyssals, sandwitches, cucumbers, manatees, monkies, flying whales, carnivorous beatles, behemouths, smalls gods, bacteria, plankton, fungi, furnature, clams, <s>crabs</s>, roads, god-monsters, or anything else you might need.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

well, since the paul isn't working on things yet i will throw some stuff out there.

on our way to the great edge of reality we pass through a shadowland at my urging. it was a bad idea however, as we have a run in with scary midnight caste death-warrior-priest (i'll make a character!) that hunts us for leagues. Paul gets to see the first non-me abyssal and respond appropriately.

as we move out, we let people know about our wonderful city, and that they are free to go there to trade, visit, etc.

Once we get there, one of the tribes is having severe trouble with fairfolk, and the two silver pact lunars in the area feel that a good test of paul, and of his new icky friend, is going into the deep wyld and beating ass. Which we do, and the pact's secondary goal, seeing me in combat and in the wyld, is achieved as well.

The silver pact members then contemplate the fact that paul and i share a bond, and exactly what that means, both in that the solars are back, and what some of them have become. They also contemplate the fact that cities in creation are falling to these forces, both solar and abyssal, with the mask of winters, the bull of the north, and now the council of greyfalls. They likely want to monitor the situation, and send us a new friend to keep track of things in the region, though whether we know about it is another thing (up to the gm... i'll make a character!).

On the way back we have a downtime episode where we go to a resort and much fun ensues. oh, and we might go by denandsor and pick up another chunk of treasure too, as i can endure the mental crap really well, and should be able to goad paul into doing so as well, at least long enough for his dino ass to get some more treasure out and on a boat. assuming that is the direction we were going anyway.

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Denandsor isn't really in the right direction - its practically in the opposite direction, actually.

As far as a Silver Pact watcher, probably Paul's character and Avilister's Lunar mate get tagged for that duty, though they may not let others know about it, depending (they're both technically members of the Silver Pact, as they're tattooed).