In remembrance of all the joy, and misery, of past games. Leave your offerings here.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Exalted: FoB - IC: A message from your mentor

Post by Avilister »

Each person who has any points in Mentor, representing the collective mentor (ie: not Haley's character), recieve an Infallible Messenger. Anyone with Occult 2 or higher recognizes this constructed spirit for what it is. This spirit is called a cherub. Cherubim are multicolored humanoid figures only a few feet tall with six glittering blue-chrome wings. It hovers near your ear and whispers a message in your Mentor's voice. The communication is, tragically (or convienently), one-way.

"I must apologize for the brevity of this message, but the medium does not allow me to go on at length. When you next pass through Nexus, as I foresee you must, seek a dock on the northern port. There two men will crew a single ship. One will be clad in saffron and white, the other in violet and black. They will assist you with the next leg of your travels."

After delivering this message the cherubim disperses into the ambient Essence of the area, effectively destroyed. These cherubim are visible to others, but tend to only appear when others are either sleeping or not paying attention. One or two of the other characters may see them, but they're timed such that they seem to uncannily go undetected by others, despite their Obvious nature.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

''rainbows from rainbow man...''

(can my sailor sail that ship btw? I am trying to finish him, but it is a pain. ill give u the sheet next game. sail charms are good, but don't impact speed that much, presence charms irritate me, linguistics charms are cool.)
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

(Yes, he can be there. He isn't someone foreseen to be there by the mentor (who is not, himself, there yet) and so he's not mentioned in the message. Auspiciously, fatefully, destiny-fully, he will happen to be there. Heck, depending on your sailor's resources and whatnots, it may even be his ship :P)
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

might know the secret to making those sail knots? They seem rather mundane and common but are obviously magical... maybe it does not take a sorcerer to make??
That which is not dead can eternal lie and with strange eons even death may die
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

they are lost tech from the first age. haley has flashbacks regarding them sometimes.

oh, and haley has a flashback of herself talking to her then mentor siddie:

''there will come a day, when you will get on a boat, docked in a place called nexus...''
Threading the Gerbil since 1982