Your Creation may vary.
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

to save a few trees when people are experimenting with what they want...
How to use Fill-in sheets
Download the sheet.

Load the sheet to Adobe Acrobat or Acrobat Reader. The sheet should work with various Linux/*NIX PDF-reader programs, but I cannot guarantee it.

You can turn on the option 'Highlight forms' in preferences to make it easier to notice which fields are fillable.

Take the person whose handwriting makes baby Jesus cry and seat this person in front of the computer.

Make the person fill the sheet. Print it. Color the dots you couldn't color in Adobe Acrobat/Acrobat Reader/equivalent.

Note that without Adobe Acrobat or equivalent PDF-creation tool, you cannot save this sheet. All sheets are open for modifying with those tools.
http://zencadet.info/roleplay/DarkelfMirror/
That which is not dead can eternal lie and with strange eons even death may die
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

My major objection to most of these sheets is that the default Exalted character sheet sucks ass. It totally lacks space to write in some of your most important statistics.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

the others are not terribly aesthetic however, and everything is soooo small.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

For my own reference: Some character sheets, charm cards, and other references. I'm going to look these over as well as some other sheets people have made for a standardized approach.

http://www.tricktonic.com/exalted/index.html
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Wow, so I really like these character sheets. I'll see about trying to print some out and getting some copies made.

Need to get a folder for Exalted stuff while I'm out =\
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

they do seem pretty good, alot better than the other ones of similar type that i've seen.

ALSO! i think the armorium is worth looking at, and that the weapons list there should be used in lieu of the standard list. it is goodness, and rebalances things to be less with the brokenness

Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

somehow what cheyne said feels wrong... at least for this game...

"less brokeness" in an Exalted game.... hmmm... anyone else see it?? :lol:
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

For someone attempting to min-max to the degree he is, I also find it suspect.

I'll reserve judgement on the Armorium until I have a chance to go through and do a comparison of their stats to the book's stats.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

you know, i still tire of the min-max implication.

yes, i have min maxed to not suck. however, as i'm not a combat bad-ass, nor am i teh awesome at really anything, i'm not sure what is overbalancing regarding my character. my min-maxing was spent to do two things: 1) make a character that is well rounded and can do multiple things well, and 2)be an interesting concept character with high stats in certain attributes that will both fulfill said concept and allow me to be on par with the other munchkins in the game.

by the time i get any of my crunchy goodness, everyone else that was already min-maxed to hell in their combat will both be more well rounded and have enough xp to get higher in their combat trees, which are far less expensive than mine, and even make some combos.

seriously.
little girl with high dodge, occult (w/no sorcery), awareness, and one day martial arts

man w/god spear and more attack dice than anyone in the party, along w/more damage potential when accounting for charms in melee tree

Power armor man that has built in powers that mimic everything i can do, +some

Godzilla.

And i'm the min-maxer? please :roll:

rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

and the other nice thing about the armorium btw, is that they add new, seemingly balanced weapons to the list of stuff (including a grand dire spear) and some other neat stuff.

grand daiklave changes:
spd -1, acc -1, def -1, -P tag

Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

actually I was referring to the whole concept of Exalted /= Brokeness by default... the whole game is about being broken... now maybe by comparison each PC/NPC is not so broken in regards to each other but that is not the point... I perfectly parry a mountain falling on me (guess the guy in the city did not know that charm :P , I remove -1/-1 counters before dying from state-bas.. oops wrong system :lol: ... but you get my drift... I just thought it was funny that "fixing brokeness" in an Exalted game was said...
My Color is Blue
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

there is still a balance to the whole thing, idealy.

and i think the stats in the armorium better balance things. especially since they give you a reason to use small weapons. they provide, basically, a choice between super fast pokey, and big slow squishy. with some gradations between. and they lower the damage slightly on alot of the larger weapons, which seems ok to me since one good hit basically kills anyone without soak charms normally.

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

"If Ang Lee made a movie about Gilgamesh fighting Beowulf and someone made an anime about it the anime would be Exalted."
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

An explination of the Student and Elder Sutras of Essence (Prismatic Arrangement of Creation) in comparison to Tai Chi

http://forums.white-wolf.com/viewtopic.php?t=73829
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

interesting notes on chinese and taoism.