In remembrance of all the joy, and misery, of past games. Leave your offerings here.
Thael
Lost Knight

sos: 4th Edition Shipping info

Post by Thael »

This is the info for my order of the new books through Amazon. it may ship 4 days after release and take 2 days to get to me for a total of a 6 day delay but I saved nearly 50% on the cost...

Dungeons and Dragons Core Rulebook Gift Set, 4th Edition [Box set] [Hardcover]
Shipping estimate: June 10, 2008
That which is not dead can eternal lie and with strange eons even death may die
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
adam
Lost Knight

Post by adam »

Not like we will need it in 3 weeks anyway, but the extra week wait will kill ya
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

no! i was planning on running it the day it came out, but now that i have to wait, i guess i'll just put the game on hold for a few months.

tell me how the system is.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Ivanovich
Lost Knight

Post by Ivanovich »

We should pull an all nighter one day after we have the books. You know take the system out for a test drive.
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

well I know I will be devouring the information in the books as soon as I get them but that is just my curiosity at work there... and the week wait hopefully wont bother me at all because I would have to see someone else with the books for that to happen...

any bets on how long it takes pirated pdf copies to appear?
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
Ivanovich
Lost Knight

Post by Ivanovich »

no comment on the amount of time it takes for them to appear.

who needs to devour the information. we just make character sheets and bumble our way through it.
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

my curiosity demands the devouring... and then the extensive gaming sessions *ahem* "play testing sessions" to make sense of it in practical terms...

to me new systems are puzzles wanting to be solved... kinda like that lady who was interesting because everyone thought she had scizophrenia.. at least before they found out she didnt and lost interest in her...
My Color is Blue
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

So is anyone going to go play D&D 4th Ed this weekend at one of these locations??
Del City
Drake's Place
1911 S. Sunny Lane
Roger Stillwell [email protected]
405 605-8788

Enid
Hastings
104 Sunset Plaza The Manager
765-939-9546

Lawton
Asian Flix
1907 NW Sheridan Erik Rorrer
[email protected]
580-353-2303

Carolina Comics
515 SW Lee, Suite A. Karen Edwards
[email protected]
580-353-5164

Hastings
616 NW Sheridan Road The Manager
970-243-0781

Norman
Hastings
2300 W Main The Manager
936-569-8384

Wizards Asylum Comics & Games
749 Jenkins St. Bryan Alcorn
[email protected]
405-292-4263

Oklahoma City
Battlefields, Inc.
12302 North May Avenue Jason Butch
[email protected]
405-936-0073

Game HQ, Inc
1620 SW 89th
Ste J Ron Palmatary
[email protected]
405-691-0509

Limey Dragon Games & Hobbies
2802 SE 29th St James Kerr
[email protected]
(405) 816-0065

Little Shoppe of Games
5109 N Shartel Lane Fields
[email protected]
405-463-6565

City SoonerCon
The Biltmore Hotel
401 South Meridian James Kerr
[email protected]
800-522-6620
My Color is Blue
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

summer game. fuck dd. and i work from 9 till 830 sat.

Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

well there is no need for them to interfere it seems
No purchase necessary (though we do have a preorder special that can save you up to 25% on all three books - but you have already ordered yours as you said) We will have a midnight event Friday morning (Thursday night depending on how you look at it), at 7pm on Friday night the 6th and then we have another guest planned to GM an event at 2pm on Saturday the 7th. We will have lots of trivia and crazy games all day for the entire weekend and will run events as we have enough players interested in playing all day Friday and Saturday. Then, Sunday is our usual D&D campaign day from 2pm to 6pm. Hope that helps, and hope to see you there. Feel free to call if you have any further questions. Lane FieldsLittle Shoppe of Games405-463-6565
only one to reply so far... I am looking for others interested in attending one of these events... my curiousity is killing me..
My Color is Blue
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

pretty artwork and a cool scene... dead guy... using a ritual scroll to raise him... attackers coming to finish the others off...

My Color is Blue
Paul Gilmore
Lost Knight

D&D

Post by Paul Gilmore »

I'm intersted in playing this if you guys nail a time and place out. I swore several years ago to never play 3.5 again, but knowing full well that when the next edition comes out i'm down for some more mt.dew dice rolling.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

in playing SoS, or in dd 4th ed?

i'm sure people w/more time on their hands would be willing to play 4th ed sometime soon. but i'm not going to be able to run symphony until fall.

Ivanovich
Lost Knight

Post by Ivanovich »

like i posted earlier, i am interested in test playing it a bit to see how the system works, but as for an actual campaign i do not know how well that would go with the summer game and Jason's changeling game.
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

And Exalted, and Encounter, and, and, and....