In remembrance of all the joy, and misery, of past games. Leave your offerings here.
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

*Ignac contacts the bridge from his lab in engineering*

"Captain. I have successfully transported the 'counter-measure' off the derelict vessel and believe that I can integrate the microbes into our ship's defenses. After 500 years, it may no longer be a proper defense against this Three, though I am interested in it's usefullness in other areas. Permission to begin upgradesss?"
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

durden wrote:*Ignac contacts the bridge from his lab in engineering*

"Captain. I have successfully transported the 'counter-measure' off the derelict vessel and believe that I can integrate the microbes into our ship's defenses. After 500 years, it may no longer be a proper defense against this Three, though I am interested in it's usefullness in other areas. Permission to begin upgradesss?"
((what are you planning to do?))
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

(*OOC: Allow for the deployment of countermeasure through our own systems. Perhaps adapt the substance to other purpose like I don't know, engine operations, sexual lubricants, or weaponry. Engineering, biosci rolls?*)
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

I don't know, engine operations, sexual lubricants, or weaponry
(OOC: what, are trying to give it the wildcard skill Hooker!)
That which is not dead can eternal lie and with strange eons even death may die
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

durden wrote:(*OOC: Allow for the deployment of countermeasure through our own systems. Perhaps adapt the substance to other purpose like I don't know, engine operations, sexual lubricants, or weaponry. Engineering, biosci rolls?*)
((well, unless it's put into solution and you flood the ship with it, it won't do anything at all. are....are you going to do that?)
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

(( I can selectively flood decks or rooms, effectivley depolying stanby microbes, yeah. I am preparing them for deployment, not swamping the ship, though I'd be fine...))
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

((well, don't come blame me when the whole ship is infested with stink lice.))
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

(at least paul will feel more at home.)
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

((I'm gonna go ahead and say that using the countermeasure inside your ship would render it inoperable. In general, a spaceship is like a plane, and is designed with certain things in mind, and your ship was absolutely not designed with the intention of being flooded. The countermeasure is useless unless it fills every space inside the ship, which would short out countless electrical panels, circuits, computers, destroy all of the furniture and upholstery, not to mention require high pressure storage in large enough quantity to fill the ship. also, the inside of the ship is not insulated enough to keep the countermeasure from rubberizing inside ventilation shafts, on lights, on pipes, pretty much on any hot surface. You'd be looking at permanently disabling most of the life support functions of the ship. Besides, you have a force field. The countermeasure was intended to block matter transmission and boarding in the absence of a force field. Force fields already block MT, and since flooding your ship would render it useless, you'll just have to deal with boarders. Also, you're probably recycling water, and don't have a third of your volume in water, which you'd actually need at least twice the volume of the interior of the ship, all crawlspaces included, in order to make the countermeasure effective. Your character would know all this, and would probably not seriously consider an obviously outdated and low tech solution when a high tech solution is already in place.))
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

((Despite all that I could see it being useful against boarders if we were to inject it into areas that are already airtight. By this I mean the airlocks, the most obvious choice for attempting boarding actions. Who cares if it rubberizes there just makes it harder to work through. The amount of volume in all air locks would likely be negligible in concerns for water, and is reinforced for pressure. This would be a marginal delaying tactic and future boarding attempts would then just hit the hull in the most inconvenient places possible so I doubt it is worth it. But I feel it would be an idea as a surprise... also we could always rig it to be used in the event of forcefield failure (for whatever reason) since we would be up shits creek at that point anyways.))
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

((I'll stop flooding the boards with this, but I was thinking of a much more selective deployment. Set up either force fields or enclosed areas for flooding, like airlocks and whatnot. I can consider the matter dropped if it's just not managealble. Ignac can just keep his babies, maybe even offering the tech to others that may use it. ))

*Ignac tucks aways his new microbe babies into their tank in his bio-tech lab. He'll find a use for them, someday...*
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

durden wrote:((I'll stop flooding the boards with this, but I was thinking of a much more selective deployment. Set up either force fields or enclosed areas for flooding, like airlocks and whatnot. I can consider the matter dropped if it's just not managealble. Ignac can just keep his babies, maybe even offering the tech to others that may use it. ))

*Ignac tucks aways his new microbe babies into their tank in his bio-tech lab. He'll find a use for them, someday...*
((Oh don't worry, if you're half as smart as you look you'll figure out their intended use when the time comes. It'll be dramatic. and unexpected. ))
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

((I don't know... have you seen his picture?? :lol: ))
My Color is Blue
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

*Dirk notices the power fluctuations and drop in propulsion*

::Rolls for Sensors and Operations to interpret results of read outs::

Captain. We have an issue with power and propulsion. Systems are still feeding in information. Analysis imminent.

:: Results of rolls to be posted here after I find my damn character::
My Color is Blue
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

(just let me know, but u get some info right off the bat)

:initial feedback indicates an immediate 50% drain in power, with a further drain of 1%/minute. cause unkown.

sensors show three ships suddenly appearing roughly 39,990 kilometers distant, in an orbit around a blank point in space. gravometric and orbital analysis pending, though sensors show that the gravity field will pull the ship in upon impulse failure.::
Threading the Gerbil since 1982