In remembrance of all the joy, and misery, of past games. Leave your offerings here.
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

(ahh the old deflector array/slingshot solution... they used that like every other episode)
That which is not dead can eternal lie and with strange eons even death may die
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

(For some reason, this thread doesn't show up as new to me... odd)

[Roll: 3d6 → [3,6,1] = (10)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1626916/ ]

:: Ignac does things with computers and lizard wits to save the ship ::
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

::ensign exemplar helps challix patch the armor's antimatter generator into the power grid. ignac busily reroutes power and forms a gravitic disturbance to draw the ship toward the edge of the... thing. the ship's computer hastily plots a course and prepares to apply full power to thrusters while it works with ignac to project a stabilization field that won't kill anyone. all in 10 minutes.

somehow it all works. the armor provides the necessary power augmentation and the slingshot compensates for the power lost over the intervening prep time. those vulnerable to g's take shelter in the fighters which are equiped with their own stabilization fields (the computer couldn't find a way to expand the effect on such short notice). exemplar and the computer keep the ship going for the 7 minutes it takes to break orbit. you are out! what now?::

edit:
::the armor fried the power grid in the hangar bay, since it wasn't meant for interfacing with such a high intensity power source. and the ship needs about an hour to come back to full power reserves. and several things were fucked up by rapid acceleration to a significant % of light speed, which the ship was not built for (it uses warp drive and impulse, occassionally something else, but never high accel. on normal drive. so. repairs. and where did you come out? re-ploting your course will be necessary.::
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

Challx unhooks the armor from the ship and runs diagnostics on the armor to see how its power supply is holding up (the generator has a 5 yr lifespan so it SHOULD be fine, but seeing as how it powers my lifesupport in there I want to make damn sure that it is in optimal operating perameters).

::sorry guys I am going to be taking away my pilot! and replacing it with probably exosuit! so I don't really have any skills applicable to help in fixing the ship and such::
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

:: Ignac issues commands to the approapriate stations and sets out himself to begin repairs ::

"Captain, I will begin repairs immediately. Perhaps we should consssider taking...precautions to avoid such an incident again."
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

::repairs are simple, and are accomplished while the ship recharges and maintains a stationary position on impulse power.

ensign exemplar runs scans, using readings for the anomoly to search for more in the region... 2 more possible anomolies are found, each roughly the same size. they appear to be gravitational disturbances that absorb energy, however they don't simply pull light in and create the energy corona that a normal black hole would. rather it is almost as though they are camouflaged, bending light to make the area appear like the rest of space from any significant distance away (predator style).::

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

"Scanners," he says, addressing the appropriate station, "can we set up an active scan to look for those things far enough ahead that we can detect them at faster-than-light speeds?"

"Engineering," he says without really waiting for a response, "I'd like an assessment of what that did to our power systems. Are we down, and was there any damage? If so, I'd like a time-to-fix."
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

Electronics = 13 To gather detail scans and compile evident properties into a sensor profile
Computers = 13 To increase scanner function capability for detecting the anomalies by using the sensor profile in a dedicated search program

3d6 → [5,5,2] = (12)
3d6 → [4,2,2] = ( 8 )

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1630837/
edited to correct the stupid smiley thing
Last edited by Thael on Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That which is not dead can eternal lie and with strange eons even death may die
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

::the scanners show this to be a localized phenomenon withing a roughly 5 light year area. there are 7 of the solar system sized... things. their positions and movement are logged in your computers, so navigation should be possible.::

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

:: Ignacs works to repower ship and while his yellow-shirted minions are busy, works to determine all he can on the phenomena ::
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

"SodoesanyonehaveanyideasaboutwhattheHellthatwas?"
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

(at this point you guys should probably share your ideas. re-read my posts. ask for further details regarding stuff... yeah. or you can just move past it. that is fine as well.)

Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

Post by Guardiankrillin »

::Marcellus "smoky" Hawkard awakes from his rest after battling another insomniatic episode. Looking at the stardate he realises he slept through a full day and a half after his crash. He gets up and prepares to meet on the bridge.::

::Arriving on the Bridge Marcellus looks tired yet he usually is known for being up at all hours of the night tinkering with strategic maps and encyclopedic refrences to wars past. So to see him in this state happens occasionally.::

"Aye mates Tactical Officer ,Marcellus "smoky" Hawkard reporting for duty. What ave' I missed."
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

"Not much. We just almost got eaten by something that wasn't there..."

Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

Post by Guardiankrillin »

"That is a tale I will have to tell my descendants. If something is not there what purpose would it ave' in eatin us."