In remembrance of all the joy, and misery, of past games. Leave your offerings here.
rydi
Site Admin

Call of Cthulhu: Parents Wanted

Post by rydi »

i need someone willing to subject themselves to the terrors of having me play their demonic child. my name is damien, i'm between 6 and 8 years old, i skin animals alive, torture other children, and see things that other people don't.

volunteers?
Last edited by rydi on Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

I'm game. Was just thinking about a character concept anways. What books do I need for this damn game?
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

not much really... I am only going to be using the base book likely and maybe an armory/services book so people can know what is available to them... but it is really basic... most of their books are campaigns and modules... in time I might start making use of some supernatural stuff but since that stuff kills PCs almost as quickly as your targets I don't forsee a whole lot of that... survival will be hard enough already
That which is not dead can eternal lie and with strange eons even death may die
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

Man, another system to learn. Is this a noir-type feel or just kinda WoD type darkness? Or is there a difference? What's the meaning of life?
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

it will be a 20's pulpish style like indiana jones and you are whatever you want to be from that society... Cheyne got the only special character I was hesitant to even allow and only because I thought it a unique enough since I had never heard anyone playing a demented child in Cthulhu before... here again is a list of suggested professions to be used as guidelines.. it is a skill based system (no classes, no levels, learn anything you have access to or find along the way, get better at what you use)

Antiquarian, Artist, Athlete, Author, Clergy, Criminal, Dilettante, Medical Doctor, Drifter, Engineer, Entertainer, Farmer/Forester, Journalist, Lawyer, Military (officer or non-com), Missionary, Musician, Pilot, Police (detective or flatfoot), PI, Professor (academic PhD), Spokesperson, Tribal member (aborigine, african tribesman, eskimo, native american indian, etc)...

these are the ones in the book but since it is skill based you are what you want to be, the list has suggestions for related skills for each one to help in designing but thats it...
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

Well, if I'm the parent of the devil-child it would make sense that I was a person of power or authority. Someone gone a lot of he can kill his babysitters. I am in the process of getting the book. I'll look at it some time tomorrow.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

I have a daddy now... :twisted:

the system is pretty simple if its the one I remember. I played it about a decade ago.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

that's one of the reasons I chose it... that and familiarity
My Color is Blue
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

I was thinking of playing a wealthy occultist. In thinking for reasons to be involved in occult stuff, I figured maybe I was unable to father a child. My father, the rich patriarch of the family, demands I father one to continue the family fortune, otherwise I am bypassed and my younger brother (who has male hiers) inherits the money. So I turn to magic, which my stupid secret-society fraternity in my over-priced ivy-league school pretended to practice. This is where my demon child came from. Since he's just my tool to acquire my fortune, I don't love him and he's a little prick bastard.
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

well I am okay with you being into the occult but your kid will be more a freak of nature than an intentional creation (at least as far as his sensitivity)... it would also explain his warped and twisted personality (but not Cheyne's warped and twisted personality)... You should have some marginal skill/knowledge that you were forced to pick up by your father for empirical reasons (just an idea of what for know till I get rules posted)... and if you are doing the dilettante and want to be interested in the occult as how you pass the time instead of working (sounds like you avoid it anyways) that is also fine but you will likely be the type who frequents seances and might even have a palmist/card reader you prefer or get regular advice from but she/he/it is about as genuine as that third nipple in Mall Rats... would need some reference as to the mother maybe one-night stand you paid to go away after the birth or sacrifced in your secret society fraternity ritual (also as real as the 3rd nipple) or what ever...

there will be real scary stuff you guys run into but unlike WoD it really REALLY hurts to know these things... see other forum I am going to post so I can explain feel/rules further
My Color is Blue