Generally general.

Moderator: Mods

Avilister
The Mitten King

Site Stat Reporting

Post by Avilister »

Bandwidth
Just for those who are wondering. Last month we used 279.2 MB of bandwidth out of an available 15360000.

For those who are less fluent in the language of math than I am, this is
0.00181770833333(repeating)% of our allotment. In other words, we're using less than 1% of 1% of our available space. We could all access the boards a thousand times more and still not max it out.

What am I getting at? Bandwidth is no problem.

Storage
The site is reporting that we're using 0.00/1536000.00 MB. This of course, innaccurate, because the php files for the website and the images of icons and whatnot do take up a negledgable amount of space. We do have about a terabyte and a half of unused storage space though.

End result? Storage is no problem.
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

Sweetness. Is there a way to see how many people visited the site? And could we distinguish registered users from random people?
Sephone
Lost Knight

Post by Sephone »

Hot.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Distinct people visiting site? Yes. Can I distinguish them from registered members? No. The tracking that is performed by the tools that came with the site - 'Webalyzer' for anyone that cares - tracks IP addresses and keeps track of things on the http level rather than on the php/SQL level. This means it only tracks connections and where they came from and doesn't really care what content they access. It does track which files are accessed the most, but isn't intelligent enough to dig into the database behind the forums and see if someone is registered or not.
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

Can it hold me? At night? When I'm scared?
Rusty
Lost Soul

Re: Site Stat Reporting

Post by Rusty »

Avilister wrote:Bandwidth
Just for those who are wondering. Last month we used 279.2 MB of bandwidth out of an available 15360000.

For those who are less fluent in the language of math than I am, this is
0.00181770833333(repeating)% of our allotment. In other words, we're using less than 1% of 1% of our available space. We could all access the boards a thousand times more and still not max it out.

What am I getting at? Bandwidth is no problem.

Storage
The site is reporting that we're using 0.00/1536000.00 MB. This of course, innaccurate, because the php files for the website and the images of icons and whatnot do take up a negledgable amount of space. We do have about a terabyte and a half of unused storage space though.

End result? Storage is no problem.
you win 1000 internets!
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

I'll go ahead and report the site stats for last month (April)

Bandwidth
Usage went significantly up to 875.43 MB, this is about triple last month's stats, which is nice. That means people are using the site more. So far we've gotten about 16 hits from the White Wolf forums. Hi guys!

Storage
Disk storage usage is still neglagable. The site lists it as 0 still. I doubt it is that low, but it certainly isn't the huge amount we have available.
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

Just noticed that we set a record last night for most people online at one time. A whole eight people. Up from six. Cool beans. Of course, most of them didn't post. I hate you all.
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

wonder what is generating the forum hits?? does someone have this in their signature on the forums??
That which is not dead can eternal lie and with strange eons even death may die
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

Cheyne and I have posted the link over in the White Wolf forums. I've dropped it a couple of other places too. I saw that at least two people (Limeflavored and Garth) came here from the WW boards. It's funny that the boards were busier while I was worrying about finishing some big school projects. Now that I'm out, it's quiet. I should have waited till now to make my Gurps character. Oh well. There is the chance things will pick up.
Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

Post by Guardiankrillin »

it will with people out of school and shift bids at work over with :D
Jack
Knight

Post by Jack »

I have arrived. It's the beginning of the end.... :D
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

how have the site stats been lately? any new records?
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

WOOO! 5 people on at once!

oh, and how are stats btw?
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Bleh, I'll look 'em up later. Today's a good day for it since we've got full stats for June and July now :P