Generally general.

Moderator: Mods

Amseriah
Lost Knight

FYI

Post by Amseriah »

I am feeling egotistical enough today to post this in the Announcement thread. Today I officially rejoined the ranks of the interconnected-through-the-interwebs...not only that I actually have a wi-fi network set up at my apt and my wii is configured as well. So, I'm back!!!!! Next in line is a new computer with a working soundcard and web-cam, then skype, then the world!!!!
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

congrats... may i interest you in my glorious computer? i've got a new one coming.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

Tempting but most likely no...I think that I am going to be sticking with laptops from now on, they are all that I really need power wise and are much more convenient
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

I am beginging to see a strong trend in that direction among people I know, with the sole exception of those of us that like to trick a system out for game playing.
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

just for the record, my laptop is more or less tricked out for gaming :D
It runs Fallout 3 very smoothly at high settings, same with Farcry 2.

Bottom line really is to get at least the recommended requirements for a new game, and you'll be good to go for games coming out in the next year or so.

Laptops don't have the longevity of desktops, but then again, PAUL, people wouldn't look at you funny for bringing your laptop to a coffee shop.