In remembrance of all the joy, and misery, of past games. Leave your offerings here.
rydi
Site Admin

Knights: OOC-Stuff for players

Post by rydi »

Sorry game was lackluster this weekend guys. Whole summer has been kind of low energy actually. the new players have been enjoying it, and of the people that are showing, we've had really loyal attendance, but alot of people have had grown-up stuff to do that has gotten in the way of stuff.

temple, cassie, paul g., mike c., and couple of others have all been busy with other stuff, cutting down on the people that shape the play environment, and then alot of the other old players have been left hanging by both the system conversion, and the different focus of the game (personaly driven rather than plot driven stories).

and for my part i've been adapting to the new rules myself, and struggling to implement a more personally focused game that lets people work on their own projects, while trying to come up with interesting but not overpowering larger plot.

i am hoping that having the old players with their crusty characters switch out for new, more dynamic characters will help things along. and all the new players have been a great addition, helping keep things rolling and adding some life into the game. the map was a good addition, and me and adam will have that up soonish so that people can look at it more frequently. the npc list should be done by next summer (really), which i think will help people as well.

during fall, i hope play on the forums will be active (i will likely have incentives, such as prizes, xp, and backgrounds), and i might try for a game, depending on how work/school is going for me. i plan to play on the forums over the course of the winter as well, though winter is a time when vampires are often busy with their own activities, what with the long nights and abundance of prey. during spring i want to have at least one game. i also want to get started on things a bit earlier next summer. with graduation and all that this summer, we got off to a late start, making for a shorter play period.

i have really liked several elements of the new play. the online stuff, for those that have participated, is great (aside from the occasional delay due to slow posting). there is a record of events, the pm stuff makes for awesome private politicking/backstabbing, and characters like durden and some of the npcs that run more in the background actually can do so. The personally focused themes of the new wod also seem to be more engaging, though i agree with comments stating that there should be some overplot as well (which will be my focus for the next summer).

We are running out of time this summer, only 1-2 more games, depending on how entertained peeps are. I hope to make them good, and to finish strong. If anyone has any comments or desires, let me know, and i will try to make stuff happen.

Thanks.
Last edited by rydi on Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

Other things of note regarding plots:

The ordo dracul: mostly finished, but still things to do surrounding it.

The reckoning coterie: the things you guys are doing have been building and should be coming to fruition shortly. the break will be a good oportunity for this stuff to build.

The serial killer/embracer: is still on the loose. he has already created two childer. more may be coming. this guy is a lose end right now.

the final knights coterie: while we haven't had enough games to get this fully off the ground, it has nonetheless been ignored to a greater degree than i expected. part of this is probably due to haley playing lucretia instead of nightstick, but it is still a waste of a lot of potential plot, and potential power.

the giovanni: this one has mostly resolved. there are still a few elements in the city, but they are under supervision, and are pulling out further. whether they come back again... we'll see.

places that need work-

the other supernaturals: i need to fill in the blanks here. owod had things spelled out rather nicely for me. new wod is more difficult, but i nonetheless need to get npc lists and organizational info up.

sites: i have a large list of sites in most of the territories for people to visit, and more are popping up all the time. they mainly just need to be statted, marked on a map, and displayed for the public.

character list: while your characters would likely know every kindred in the city, you as players need a reminder list. this is actually much simplified with the coming of new wod, as instead of fleshing out 23 clans/bloodlines, i get to focus on just 5.

anything else you people want to see?
Threading the Gerbil since 1982