In remembrance of all the joy, and misery, of past games. Leave your offerings here.
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

we very well might, ultratech has a lot more ideas about power sources than traveller. I think Jordi = Chris. We could also have dilithium crystals involved somewhere.
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

dont know why none of us looked before since someone that consistently plays GURPS would have hit this problem before us....

http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=23211

forum post that was by someone who made an excel sheet... dont know how good it is but may be a launching point for the ambitious Gideon... D&D character sheets that do their own math are a pittance to this kind of undertaking....
That which is not dead can eternal lie and with strange eons even death may die
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

http://101010.org/gurps/ss_cost_calc.html

this is another one. but it doesn't calc for some things.

the one that you found thael does not take into account ultra-tech i don't think.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

I did not actually have time to go through it so I apologize if it is shy of completely meeting out needs but I thought it might help Gideon with his excel programming...
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

it should. but i figured the more programs we had the better.

rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

so. i'm taking this over.

There will be no immensely technical, horribly painful cost caclulation. Peeps just need to say what they think their race would bring to the hodgepodge monstrosity you call a ship. and then someone who cares needs to put it together and make stats.

or if people don't want stats, just give me a rough outline of stuffs and we will play pretend stats.

Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

Well since I wanted to focus on the ambassadorial retinue in this game I wanted a mostly automated support crew... like 20% organic for a ship this size... would allow real minds to delegate and do problem solving and machinces to do the grunt work... also allows crew to be subverted for extra mooks that we can fight to control and other myriad features... yes that design flaw is not a flaw but a feature...
My Color is Blue
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

it will be a flaw when u have only shitty automated drones for counter boarding...

rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

la dee da...

so. again. what do you guys want on the ship?

just give me rough ideas here people... browse the tech books, the spells, the powers. or just think of cool stuff in sci-fi/fantasy. whatever. but let me know, as we are heading into dangerous territory in the game, and we will need to have something to work with.