In remembrance of all the joy, and misery, of past games. Leave your offerings here.
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

::The contents currently displayed by Jade's "book" concern the practices and mental excercises to increase one's focus, to make one aware of his inner chakra's and chi flow. He looks back over his shoulder::

"Is there something I am doing that summons you? Is it what I'm reading?"
That which is not dead can eternal lie and with strange eons even death may die
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

''bored. why you read that?''
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

::Closes his eyes to help remember and "channel" the personality of his instructor when he asked the same thing, repeatedly::

::Spoken in a stiffer and slightly deeper voice than normal::
"To better understand the power one contains within, you must first be able to recognize that power. What good is it to try and shape wood into a bow staff if you cannot see the wood or feel the wood."

::Opens his eyes and speaks normally again::

"That is why I read this. I train myself to better myself. I better myself to better help others."
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

''wood is yucky, sticky. not clean like what I have... but I guess you're alright anyway. other dragons are ok too, but... so much... too moving... its all pretty though, even the sun and moon and stars, though ghostman and the others like me don't think so...

Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

"He did not mean it literally. He meant how can I harness my potential if I cannot recognize it and control it accordingly. The wood was a metaphor."

::Pauses for a moment with a slightly unfocused look::

"What did you mean when you said wood is not like what you have? What were you referring to?"
My Color is Blue
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

::she takes on a slightly exasperated look at having to explain. perhaps she thinks you already know and are playing a strange and dull game. she speaks with the volume and excitementof spring trees scraping against the outer walls of a mausoleum::

''spear man is sun. dragon man is moon. rainbow man is stars. dance girl is water. bow man... you are wood. hiding girl is sun. funny when sun hides... fire lizard man is moon, but also wyld... I like him but he feels so yucky... metal man is sun. i'm me.''

Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

::Jade's face loses its confusion as he makes the connection::

"I see what you are referring to but that was not what I meant. My master used a craftsman as an example, one I knew and trained with as part of my education. He crafted wooden tools and parts of weapons for the Order. The reference was meaning he could not ply his trade without first seeing and recognzing the wood. Its properties, weaknesses, strengths all played into how he would use it best. He then had to be able to touch the wood to manipulate it to his desires and goals. Without those abilities to percieve and interact with the wood he could not shape it into a finished product. According to my Master, we are the same. We have to look at ourselves and see our abilities, our flaws and our strengths. We have to look with a critical eye unclouded by our desires of what we wish to be percieved as. We also have to learn to take what we see and mold that to produce the effects we desire. To become stronger I must focus on the excercises, to build my body, perform the excerises that build the type of strength I want, cleanse the body of those things that would counteract development. If I want to become more knowlegeable and increase the strength of my mind it is no different. But if I cannot perceive myself, truly see myself, then I cannot see the wood beneath my fingers and the flaws would destroy my efforts. If I cannot manipulate my body then knowing my flaws does little since they remain unchanged. If I can do both I can become better. I am merely a craftsman and my life and self are my medium. The tools that I shape myself are what I read this for. I need better tools so that I can have more control and better percetion."
My Color is Blue
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

''sounds hard... I just do stuff when I want something to happen instead of thinking about it so much...''

::she reaches over and pages forward in the book if she can and makes a face::

''dancing girl doesn't like the way I dance. maybe if I do it like this she'll like me better.''

Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

::Grins slightly::

"She does not like anyone else's way except hers. She did not so much graduate from the order as walk out when they were telling her to leave the Order for mis-conduct. Basically she was kicked out but don't tell her I said that, she's a bit touchy about it."
My Color is Blue
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

::peace looks happy and excited, then becomes serious::

''she can touch ideas?! if I make her like me will she teach me?!''

Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

::Looks quizzical then laughs::

"No she cannot physically touch ideas. She is easily angered over that subject. What she believes and what others believe do not agree and the majority do not agree with her."
My Color is Blue
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

::looks dissapointed, but then perks up::

''that's ok. everyone is wrong anyway, so that makes her right.'