Generally general.

Moderator: Mods

rydi
Site Admin

Heroes App on facebook

Post by rydi »

So. They finally declared multiple characters as cheating. you get one warning, and then you are banned. sucks.

i would kind of like to get people together once a night to do some buffs and get some xp. any time that's good for people?
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Makes me wonder how they detect that, is it just an IP? If that's the case it'd smack anyone logging in from the same apartment. If they track it with cookies, you can just clear the cache every time you log out of the program.

Hmmm.....
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

i was wondering the same thing. not sure. but since haley and i both have accounts, and i'm sure there are others in our boat, i don't think they can really do it based off ip alone.

my personal guess is that they will focus on macro users that are constantly logged in and using abilities before they hit "small time" cheats like having additional accounts. but i could be wrong.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

another reason for not using IP is because anyone that has a router between them and the site will appear the same... so that is businesses (Cox, Kinko's, IHOP, Starbucks, my work, etc) and schools primarily but I am sure plenty of people access the site from outside their home...

I am betting they are looking at who the friends are of each account and checking usage to try and spot multi abuse... having multiple accounts is not something you cant do... having them all help out 1 account to make it Uber faster... that is abusive...
That which is not dead can eternal lie and with strange eons even death may die
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.