In remembrance of all the joy, and misery, of past games. Leave your offerings here.
Thael
Lost Knight

MTG Campaign: Color Master and Color Weaving

Post by Thael »

Here is an issue I see with the Color Master and its subsequent trait Color Weaving

10 EXP pays for level 1 Color Mastery which equals 1 spell of 1 color
20 EXP pays for level 2 Color Mastery which equals 2 spells of 1 color (3 Total)
30 EXP pays for level 3 Color Mastery which equals 3 spells of 1 color (6 Total)

10 EXP equates to 10 deaths observed (you can observe your own death)
or it equates to 65 resources (assuming a starting pool of 0 EXP)

60 EXP equates to 60 deaths observed which takes a minimum of 12 full multiplayer chaos games placing 2nd or better in all or maximum of 60 duels.

If resources are bought at time of trait increase it would cost:
65 for Color Mastery 1
230 for Color Mastery 2
495 for Color Mastery 3
Total of 790 Resources

It is to be expected that no purchase will result in just EXP earned or bought but a combination of the 2 sources, but I think the proof is self-evident.
I am hoping that by this example it is clear we need a way to increase the ability to get spells into the environment. Either an alternate cost to allow buying within limits of the traits at the time of purchase (like creature/artifacts but at x20) or maybe a different trait scheme that increases cost at a slower rate. I would hate to think these traits are ignored because it is easier to buy packs and well traveled and hope you get lucky. (which if we enable that option I think any pack purchased should be opened only in the presense of the whole group for verification reasons)
That which is not dead can eternal lie and with strange eons even death may die
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.