In remembrance of all the joy, and misery, of past games. Leave your offerings here.
rydi
Site Admin

Improvements

Post by rydi »

the fights are getting boring. high levels do that. any suggestions on what you guys would like to see, what would make things fun, challenging, etc? hit points are a problem, due to damage potential, abilities are also a problem (for npcs) because to make something challenging it has to be able to kill you, but at your level it is basically die/win choice, rather than an in between, challenging fight. oh, and anything that i make, i have to make, meaning hours of work on an encounter that will die in an hour. so, yeah. what would make people happier?

comments, questions, sex offers?
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

sex offer.
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

Gideon you cannot pimp out the tripod like that... it is disrespectful... leave him/her/it in his cage vomiting feces for money where he/she/it belongs...

in other news

as I said in the game last week I love maps with quirky terrain... maybe dont have face to face beat stick fights... try going mobile with range and cover... I know that does not affect my character negatively really unless you make them ninja's on par with adam (" vanish" lol) but I would find it entertaining and most of the others are not really suited to it... the 3rd dimension is really underused in D&D... hell the 4th dimension gets more attention (sucky attention but still more)... so maybe breaking out of the square and into the box would be enough for basing an encounter
That which is not dead can eternal lie and with strange eons even death may die
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

dammit thael I'll pimp tripod as much as I damn please, I paid good money for it. It fertilizes my lawn.

I still like the idea of a 2 foot tall level. Also elemental levels get little attention, that's a great way to use the third dimension by all participants. There's nothing quite like a water filled level to complicate a battle, and there's lots of great water monsters to fight. (sharks with class levels from tome of battle: bring me them.)

Celestial Dire Soarwhales make great enemies.

I really liked the formian fight we had, intelligent enemies can use tactics and try to outflank a small party.

Also other parties in the dungeon is an underused classic. Wizard fights are somewhat uncommon. I rememeber hating the living shit out of some shujenja thing in the last big dnd we played.