In remembrance of all the joy, and misery, of past games. Leave your offerings here.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Exalted: FoB - Reprecussions

Post by Avilister »

OOC: This is intended to be a situational overview thread and not a primary roleplaying thread. If you have any large overarching things you'd like to do, you can put them here. Discussion should go elsewhere.

Life in Greyfalls would not, it seemed, ever be the same again.

Large portions of the population had been converted to the faith of the Unconquered Sun overnight. Witnesses inadvertantly preach His glory to their neighbors. The temple is completely packed the next day, unable to accomidate the sudden influx of worshipers.

The sorcerous response is swift. Pretty much every Dragonblood in the city is besieged by Infallible Messengers over the course of the next day. Some few that are able respond with their own. Likewise both Khylar and Shisa (the cat lady) recieve messengers from elders of the Silver Pact inquiring as to whether or not they know anything about the mysterious beam from the sun (Shisa is able to respond, incidentially). Avilister also recieves a number of these, one from one of the Sleeper Raptoks in Rathess (who explains that they chose to send these to him as he was obviously a sorcerer and they assume he can respond), and a few others from other sources. Both Darkstar and Kaishin also recieve missives, though these arrive in a slightly different manner. Both look troubled. Kaishin leaves within 48 hours and Darkstar goes out of his way to make himself scarce unless specifically saught out.

Within two days visitors begin to arrive from Great Forks to see what all the fuss is about, typically arriving via sorcerous means (normally Azure Chariots, some via Stormwind Rider or various other travel-enhancement spells, all Terrestrial circle).

These visitors are few, less than a dozen, at least at first. If these first hours are any indication, response will be fairly extreme. Every once in a while one or another of you might get the feeling you're being watched or feel the prickle of being the target of various sensory charms. None of these are overly invasive or last very long, but clearly there are those out there that wish to know more about the inhabitants of the city.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

well, on the up side, we should get a nice influx of money. hopefully the merchants are on top of things.

i will be running around the city, looking in on things, checking on people, etc, but not actually doing productive things other than improving morale.

oh, and we put gaurds on the UCS spot, just in case someone feels like fucking with it. and i'll hang out over there alot.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

I raise the armies awareness, and put effort into having tighter watch on our kingdom. I am especially interested to know if the realm is going to send an army to attack.
psn: aretepolitic
Steam: aretepolitic
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

I am going to go about getting information on the goings-on of various groups, first the Empire, I want to know what they are doing. Also the Bull of the North. Do we have a spy or surveillance organization set up yet? If not we should really look into developing something. I also point out to (Jason's Character) that the Empire hasn't done anything yet that we know of, and while increasing our guard is good, if we start building up our armies or mobilizing them in any way it might be seen as an act of war and they could pre-emptively strike. We need to see how they are going to react to this situation first then we can respond, but we should be on guard, and again we need some fucking intel
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

any responses to this stuff?

oh, and whispers went up to 2 now. all i had points for. probably will hit at least 3 though.

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

No one mentioned any sort of intel network to me, so there isn't really one. Most of the rest will have responses actually in-game, which is why I haven't said much. Anyone else have stuff/anything they're looking to do?
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

With the factory cathedral complete, we stumbled upon a brilliant plan for its use.

Step 1: 400 mortal troops are taken to the Wyld. These troops have as a goal to power quest for the Large mutation. Provided they've had their WP trained up before hand, a vast majority should be successful. They are trained during this time, as well.
Step 1 a: A smaller number, probably 20, are taken deeper into the Wyld to powerquest for the Huge mutation. These units will comprise either an elite unit or unit commanders for Large units.
Step 2: These units then have the shit tiger trained out of them.

Aside: A smaller group of 25 should be used to start this process. All 25 can be enlightened before hand and may come from already-trained troops. Enlightenning them can provide 2+ more dice for their powerquesting roll.

Step 3: The factory cathedral is used to create artifacts for use by the enlightened large/huge tiger trained warriors. Without any charms, the only thing they can do with their essence is to commit it to artifacts.
Step 3a: First batch is of 25 items each of armor and weapons.
Step 3b: Armor would be Gunzosha armor (see page 81, Wonders of the Lost Age)
Step 3c: Weapons would be augmented Artifact 3 polearms. These jade Dire Lances would have as an additional power the bonuses in Odenals Codex for specifically colored jade weapons. The vast majority of troops would be outfitted with weapons that provided the red jade +3 damage.
Note: With the use of the factory cathedral and Avilister's Solar Crafting charms the first 25 units can be outfitted with both items within 3.5ish months. Note also that as mortals they do not get the standard -1 Speed and +1 damage of Jade weapons that DB's get, however a DB would get both bonuses.
Step 3d: Leader units would be outfitted with weapons that provide the black jade bonus. Additionally they would also be equipped with a jade Thunderbolt Shield (which provides a +2 DV even without a material bonus)

Step 4: Field the most powerful mortal units outside of Lookshy and equipped in a fraction of the time.
Step 5: Continue production of artifact armor and weapons using the factory cathedral, swap back and forth between weapon and armor creation as needed.

Optional change-ups: Once enlightened these mortals can potentially learn only two things: Martial Arts and Sorcery. They can immediately learn any MA charm they qualify for (always TMA) but cannot use combos or excellencies. Learning sorcery would require getting Occult to 5 and raising Essence to 3. They are otherwise only limited to Terrestrial Circle Sorcery.
Notes: Mortals have an essence pool equal to (Essencex10). They can freely access the first (Essencex3) motes and must spend a Willpower point to access the rest. Mortals cannot ever raise Essence above 3.

What do you think? A good plan, yes? These mortal units would have a Might Rating of 3 and Close Combat Attack and Damage ratings that were exceptionally high. Similarly their armor ratings would be very good and they'd actually get a Hardness value (very rare in mass combat). Plus they'd only get BETTER if an Exalt were leading them.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

Sounds dandy to me. course I helped, so might be biased.

Also, Avil can still make stuff on his own during this time, and we have a lot of jade artifacts that we can sell/trade without having to make anything special.

Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

I really really like this idea...don't know about the idea of stationing them right outside of Lookshy as I think that would be inviting a pre-emptive strike from their pretty little Essence cannons. Other than that, it seems really solid. I especially like teaching the mortals sorcery so that we have multiple sorcerous special units. How many people have enough war to lead a unit with good results? I believe that Jason and Adam have war 5, I have war 4, anyone else?

On a side note, does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions concerning the Silver Pact issue?
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

As a side note how long would it take Avilister to make a level 5 artifact?
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Avilister can only make normal (non magitech) artifacts. I'd need to check the books, but given how much more quickly the factory cathedral makes things, along with Craftsman Needs No Tools, probably a few weeks, tops. Possibly much less.

As a note, we may want to put more stock into the exotic ingrediant situation if we're going to start rolling out a ton of high level artifacts. We're sort of pushing it if we don't procure resources for the tons of artifact 3's we're looking to make as it is.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

Amseriah wrote:I really really like this idea...don't know about the idea of stationing them right outside of Lookshy as I think that would be inviting a pre-emptive strike from their pretty little Essence cannons. Other than that, it seems really solid. I especially like teaching the mortals sorcery so that we have multiple sorcerous special units. How many people have enough war to lead a unit with good results? I believe that Jason and Adam have war 5, I have war 4, anyone else?

On a side note, does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions concerning the Silver Pact issue?
"best units, outside of lookshy (ie other than lookshy)" not "station them outside lookshy".

no, not really any ideas. just go talk to the dumb furry bastards.

everyone has War 1 it looks like. Other than that... NPC's really. and the troops themselves have high war.

rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

Avilister wrote:Avilister can only make normal (non magitech) artifacts. I'd need to check the books, but given how much more quickly the factory cathedral makes things, along with Craftsman Needs No Tools, probably a few weeks, tops. Possibly much less.

As a note, we may want to put more stock into the exotic ingrediant situation if we're going to start rolling out a ton of high level artifacts. We're sort of pushing it if we don't procure resources for the tons of artifact 3's we're looking to make as it is.
Well, special ingredient 1 is to summon a demon of something cool, like Undying Horror, or Regenerating Power, chain them to the machine, and let them drip. give them a book to read or something though, that way it isn't cruel.

For the low level stuff, an elemental wouldn't be bad... "living fire" is kind of a cool ingredient. And they regenerate super fast. Give them a book to burn though, that way it isn't cruel.

Not sure what to use that would be replenishable, off the top of my head. Though I did like your idea of using the bones of 10,000 dead dragonbloods killed while battling a mad god-king in their own lair.

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

I think the last one makes a good component for the polearms, or really any weapon. I like them for this "line" of weapons though, since they'll all have components in common.