In remembrance of all the joy, and misery, of past games. Leave your offerings here.
rydi
Site Admin

Vampire: OKCbN/Z-Hanging out at IHOP

Post by rydi »

::Billy goes about his life. He attends a class at night school during the winter, when he can go out in time to catch class. then he hangs out at IHOP and steals their wifi while pretending that he actually matters. then he goes and hangs out at home, watches bad movies, and sleeps the day away::

"no, that's ok, i've still got enough coffee."
Last edited by rydi on Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

"excuse me, sir, can you please stop screaming at your wife? I really don't want to hear it, i just want to read my-"

"..."

::the noise continues after a quick string of insults directed at billy. billy begins to turn away and continue trying to read, then remembers that he actually does have supernatural power, and attempts to use it::

"now, YOU LISTEN TO ME buddy! I'm tired of this, and if you don't quit right this instant i'm going to make you regret it..."

((awe to make him think i'm awesome [3,4,7,2,5]))

::the man quiets down, impressed by the cool stranger with his intimidating netbook. billy goes back to reading myspace in peace.::

rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

::as the sky begins to light up with the first rays of dawn, Billy realizes it has gotten much later than he had thought... wikipedia does that to you.

Billy hurriedly packs his things, leaves a $20 on the table, and mounts his moped, racing the dawn back to his apartment a few blocks away. Quite an exciting night, hopefully things calm down a bit.::

rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

::The night after his close encounter with the sun, Billy decides to set the alarm on his cellphone for 30m before dawn.

After a long class, Billy once again arrives at IHOP, orders a coffee, and sits on his computer.::

Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

OOC Especially since I am not in this game: Cheyne do you ever get the feeling that you are virtually masturbating????
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

OOC: you should be one of my minor contacts (contact: IHOP patron), then we could talk.

And yes, yes i do.

angelicyokai
Lost Knight

Post by angelicyokai »

Lilah strolls into the Ihop, squinting at the glare from the overbright halogen bulbs. Taking a moment to straighten her already immaculate black dress she wanders past the gaudily colored entryway.

"May I help you, Ma'am?" The acne ridden 'hostess' is sent a mild glare, either at the ma'am comment or just for wasting oxygen in general, and is ignored as Lilah wanders over to Billy's table.

The cultured voice and elegant appearance of Lilah is at odds with the building and its staff making the atmosphere even more surreal than the biker gang, cops, druggies, and college students usually make it feel.

Lilah, spares a wan grin for her sudden appearance in Billy's normal hang out.

"How can you stand this place," her repulsed scan of the room clearly shows her disdain, "I wouldn't force my worst lackey to suffer this corner of hell."

She moves around the table long enough to glance at his computer screen before flouncing back to her own side.

"So, is life fun? Classes rewarding? Do you somehow not want to take a shot gun to everything in this room?" She smiles at the last thought, but your not certain if she's being sarcastic or envisioning her daydream of slaughter.
[CENTER]ImageTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/CENTER]

“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”
― Marcus Aurelius
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

::Billy, unaccustomed to women of any sort taking an interest in what he's doing, initially doesn't respond, but then tumbler's in his mind click into place. Lilah. Lasombra. After then making sure she was actually talking to him (he is also rather unaccustomed to Lasombra of any sort taking an interest in what he's doing), Billy nods and mouth's a greating a few times before actually getting words out::

"uh... h-hi? uhm, yeah, well, you know, it's pretty accepting of late night patrons, and well, there's food if you really need it. the help is really pretty nice once you get to know them too... Jenny over there she's putting her kids through col- yeah, uh, you don't care. Sorry.

So, uh, what brings you into my neck of the woods?"

::Billy slides a few textboos back into his bag, trying to appear non-chalant. His continued existence as a late teen's college student gets quite the laugh from the local harpies.::

angelicyokai
Lost Knight

Post by angelicyokai »

::Lilah smirks a bit at his flustered response before reaching into the depths of her hand back for a small packet::

"You are, of course, correct in guessing I am not merely here for fun."

She pauses to cast a disdainful glance at yet another apron covered nuisance approaching with another carafe of brown swill. She pulls a few sheets of paper out of the packet and languidly tosses them to Billy.

"I am looking for this person. I have been searching for a while, and believe he attends this school you are so fond of. I have been unable to find him, and it is annoying."

The 'pictures' you've been given aren't photos, they are in fact various shots of art. They are dark, mostly swirls of reds and blacks around people, objects and landscapes. It is almost as if normal objects were surrounded in blood.

::Lilah stares with longing at the pictures before averting her gaze and rummaging again in her purse::

"I am tired of buying these pieces off of the E-bay. I want this artist and his art for myself, and I will have him, or her." She looks back at you with a slight grin. "I found that one of his email accounts is through this school and remembered, pleasently, that one among my distant acquaintance was actually attending. So- Oh for god's sakes! Here!"

::She slaps $50 on the table and pushes it to the once again encroaching waitstaff:: "Keep it, bring me whatever this one (gestures at Billy) has purchased and then kindly leave us in peace."

::Lilah once again composes herself and huffs::

"As I was saying, will you look into this for me? As you attend the school you might find out through other students and the schools resources who the artist is. I will make it worth your while."

::To your surprise/shock/horror, Lilah begins to settle in to the booth across from you, her purse is stowed in the seat and she has pulled out a large day-planner which she is beginning to jot things down in. It appears she is actually staying for whatever she ordered::

"Really, how can they call this filmy paper a napkin?"
[CENTER]ImageTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/CENTER]

“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”
― Marcus Aurelius
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

::Billy contemplates and attempts not to look trapped by the situation. Handing over a random stranger to this one... Well she has something of a reputation for not being very nice. Then again, it could be worth it to have a "friend" in high places. Ugh. The IHOP defense had failed him. Maybe he should start going to waffle house. But, no internets. Damn.::

"Uh, yeah, I guess I could look for him. I have a few friends in the art dept. They might know who does this kind of work. I do hope you'll be nice to the artist though, I wouldn't want anything bad to weigh down my conscience...

So...

How's elysium these days? I go for the yearly required meetings, but really don't get there much more than that. You look like you are probably more of a regular."

::The waitress brings a refill pot of the disgusting IHOP blend, along with another cup. She stays appropriately silent, and skitters away before anyone can yell at her.::