Diablarizing Antediluvians, punching ancient demons in the face, and witnessing the exaltation of horrifying multi-souled abominations.
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Dudes Ex Machina : Dudes of Legend 2 - NY (the cast)

Post by Amseriah »

I am going to be playing The Chosen One/Dangerous Schoolgirl Akashic. She is the repository of all human knowledge and understanding. She is a cross of Ivy from the Dresden Files ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Th ... characters ) and Jade from Bulletproof Monk ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulletproof_Monk )

Edit by Avilister: "Dudes Ex Machina" is an awesome name for this version of the game
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

I will be playing a Tri-brid (double hybrid) corpse of a Gen Y blogger who was engaged to be married and spent her time blogging and talking on her youtube channel before she was tragically killed because she ignored the blatant signs that her landlord was going to have her and her fiancee murdered. Now Ash, a Risen/KotE/Mummy is out for revenge on... someone?

Story
Ashley was poor but almost fulfilled by her life as a part-time retail clerk and full-time blogger, using her English degree to critique society to the amusement of her hundreds of fans. She spent evenings in her miraculous rent controlled apartment in New York with her fiancée and their sometimes-visitor Eddie, a neighbor’s kid they took care of in lieu of the boy’s deadbeat father.

Ashley’s life of mediocrity came to a premature end when a gang in the employ of an unscrupulous real-estate investor killed her and her fiancée in order to obtain control of the property. But death was not the end for Ashley…

Ash, the remains of the once somewhat vibrant fires of life, awoke in a cage in hell. Memories flooded her, lives poorly lived, so many lives. She was an outlaw in the wildwest who died in a gunfight instead of going home to his wife. She was an opera singer, her career ended almost as soon as it began because she allowed herself to be distracted by countless suitors. She was a wise-woman of her people, possessed of great vision, but she chose safety and fear instead of something greater. Her memories of her most recent life came flooding back then, of mediocrity and half efforts, of unfinished goals and an ignominious death.

Seeing her many lives flash before her eyes, Ash had a realization. It was grand and beyond the limits of mere speech, but if it were put into words it would have been something along the lines of “Oh! I'm in the hell of the perpetually shitty person! Hmm. Maybe I should claw my way out of here, reclaim my old life and be a better person this time." On the wings of her realization, and through many trials and tribulations, Ash clawed her way out of hell, only to fall beside its gates, victim of the fierce maelstrom in the shadowlands. On the edge of oblivion, she was saved by an ancient soul shard, drawn to her need and her potential. Ash clung desperately to this new part of herself and, with its strength to aid her, found her way back to her body.

Her last bit of will allowed her to cross the shroud and reclaim her corpse, now many months dead. With the strength of hell and ancient spirits she clawed her way out of the coffin and, at her spirit shard’s urging, made the long trek to the holy lands to receive the spell of life.

The spell did not go as planned however. Her souls hung in balance for long hours as the Judges of Ma’at deliberated. She was impure, but something too special to waste. After an eternity of judgment, they agreed to let her live, but tore the greatest of hell’s corruption and her own weakness from her, using the tem-akh spirit shard to repair the gaping hole in her soul.

With the memory of incomprehensible pain, Ash awoke in the temple of Isis, where she was given training by the other mummies in service to Ma’at, but they did not understand that her true way was back in America with her old life. She would rise like a phoenix and create a new life for herself. She would be a force for good, yes, but in her own way. She would right the wrongs of her past, avenge her loved ones, and she would burn so brightly doing it that her legend would be spoken of for ages hence. Also, she really needed to check on her blog, it had been 6 months since her last post after all, and the stupid temple didn’t even have wifi.
Last edited by rydi on Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

angelicyokai
Lost Knight

Post by angelicyokai »

I'll be playing an ancient/repentant monster. Mokole that knows some hedge magic and acts as an old apothecary. Summoned by time and fate when the end is nigh to make up for the destruction he caused in his youth. Going to play him much like egg chen in Big trouble in little china. Not sure if he needs anything to go with current concept. I would reallly like something more apothecary-like than hedge magic, but my only thought is order of hermes, and I have had enough mage fun in the Dudes-verses.
[CENTER]ImageTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/CENTER]

“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”
― Marcus Aurelius
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

I will be the Tremere Success. A hybrid vampire/mage with another template that I'm currently debating on, but is likely to be either ancient (for the early success that the Tremere have been trying to duplicate for a thousand years) or the Chosen (who hath come to destroy Antediluvians).
rydi
Site Admin

Downtime for Dudes

Post by rydi »

"ma'am, put your hand down."

"The answer is mitochondria."

"I didn't ask you to answer. You aren't even in this class. Do you even go to this school? Go home ma'am, you're scaring people."

"I really like your class, I feel like I've learned a lot..."

"Ma'am... No, never mind. Moving on. So, next week's assignment, the impact of trade sanctions on the antebellum South..."

---

"Ashley, is that you?"

"It can't rain all the time Billy."

"I don't get it, it's not raining. And how are you alive? Or... Oh god, am I dead?! Did that weird gay guy with the blood fetish kill me?!"

"I don't think he was gay..."

"Who cares?! Am I really dead?!"

"Good bye Billy, remember me, I'll always be there for you..."

"But... No... Wait! I don't want to be dead AND alone!"

"No Billy, you're never alone..." Poignant music...

"I can hear you humming through the door!"

---

"Seriously, you aren't going to kill me? What the fuck?"

"I'm trying to redeem myself, be something more. You would never understand."

"Bitch, you just killed a room full of my guys, and... You know what, I'm not gonna argue. Thanks a bunch, I'll be good from now on. 's all good. I'm just gonna mosey on out..."

"I didn't say you could leave."

"Wha--"

"You will contemplate your sins in the Pit of Woe."

"The wha-- AAAAGH."

---

"I liked them before it was ironically cool to like them. Anyway, have you seen my blog?"

"Blog's are so overdone. I mean, I guess it's better than a facebook rant, but it amounts to the same thing. I'm writing a book instead of wasting my time on all that drivel. I'm going to double up, and use it as my master's thesis too. It's really original, it's about a vampire detective..."

"Eli! Hey, who's your friend? You showing off your book? It is like such an awesome idea! Don't you think so... Uhm, what was your name? Anyway, let me just go get my frap and I'll show off MY new project, it's an awesome slash fic, Edward/Bella/Elmo. It's just dripping with satire..."

"...Uh, I have to... go. Yeah. But thanks, I really learned a lot... Thanks, leaving, yeah... Next week sure...

God, hipster's suck. No wonder I went to hell."

---

"ep'dkdyu. Hmm. That didn't sound right. Rens of modern stuff are hard. Maybe necromancy will come easier. What do you think Bloody Bill?"

"I think you said you'd help me get my wife away from that bastard Eli that killed me, and instead all you've done is pretend to talk in ancient egyptian for the last two days. I'm beginning to think you don't care about MY problems."

"I care Bill... So, do you think that ghost powers would work as a basis for necromantic hekau, and if so how do you think I should try and make it all work?"

"I don't know what the fuck you're talking about."

"Hmm... maybe if I--"

"YOU SAID YOU'D HELP ME!"

"Hmm? Did you say something Bill?"

"Oh, fuck this noise. I'm out. Go fuck yourself you self centered bitch. I'll just go kill the guy myself."

---

"Ma'am, I checked your records and you don't even go to this school. If you come back I'll call the police."

"But, I really want to learn, and its 2 months till I can enroll..."

"Ma'am, you have a problem, a disorder."

"And I helped Sue with her domestic abuse problem, that guy won't be beating her anymore..."

"That... That is probably best not to share with the class--"

"And I helped Billy figure out a topic for his paper! I'm good for your class!"

"Ma'am, really, leave or I call the police."

"I... Fine. Fine, I'm leaving. But, can you... Can you at least tell me how I did on the test?"

"...Seriously. Sigh. Let me look... Hmm. Well, I'm actually surprised, it looks like you got a 95."

---

"I KNEW you could resist my novella. Well, the shop's closed, but we could probably go back to my place..."

"Nope. Sorry Eli. I'm here to deliver a message for my friend Bill. Bill? Where'd you... Oh well, guess he got busy. He'd still want me to deliver his message though."

"What are you going on about? Did you want to come back to my place or not?"

"Yeah... no. Bill says you kinda had an affair with his wife and then killed him. You're not really my type."

"What the fuck?! You shut the fuck up! I'm outa here..."

"No Eli, you aren't. I have to give you a stern lecture about how wrong it is to kill people, and the dangers of mediocrity posed by the hipster lifestyle."

"I... Wha--"

"Killing is wrong. Also, if you keep sucking and wasting your life on dumb shit you'll go to hell when you die, and it will suck. A lot."

"Oooookay... You're crazy, I'm seriously getting in my car now... WHOA that's a GUN!"

"Bang." Bang bang.

"You just SHOT me in the KNEE! What the fuck? Why you saying 'Bang' over and over aga-- AGH! My DICK!"

"I hope that teaches you that there are ramifications for your actions. No need to thank me for not killing you though, dead people have less opportunity to learn from their mistakes. Except... oh, never mind. Anyway, have a nice holiday."

"WHAT THE FUCK?! SOMEBODY CALL 911!!!"
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

angelicyokai
Lost Knight

Post by angelicyokai »

Egg-chen divides his time importing relics to his China-town house and setting up a non-Cairn in the ex-Giovanni hideout. Egg dedicates some time to working on pinpointing and researching locations within the book. He is aware that the Tremere chantry is off limits (due to Steven's character) so he focuses on attempting find more locations though bouts of temporary blindness.

Eggs main interest though is finding and destroying the enemy. Black spirals are his primary aim as well as other agents of the destroyer. With his power and apothecaric abilities he tracks wyrm agents through the umbra and slaughter.

His final goal for the period is determining the location of any Garou Cairns.
[CENTER]ImageTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/CENTER]

“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”
― Marcus Aurelius
adam
Lost Knight

Post by adam »

Klasshak spends some of his time contemplating what he saw in the vision the book showed him and his companions. The vision showed him in a wyld influenced area, he has no idea how where or what it could mean. His companions are a strange bunch. If the book is to be believed they will work together to stop some sort of “evil”. So far none of what he saw or what others said they saw in their visions have happened. Klasshak continues to keep in contact with his new companions, believing that the Unconquered Sun brought him to this strange world for a reason.

Klasshak along with his followers spends their time researching Christianity for ways to incorporate teachings of the Unconquered Sun. On Sundays he goes to the church to give his sermons. Every week he needs to have more and more services, eventually needing to expand to a larger church. Spending special attention to the civic leaders help to expand the Unconquered Sun's word new ears.

During the week Klasshak spends time meeting with his new followers. He starts a few classes for the most devote amongst his followers so that they can help spread the word of the Unconquered Sun. With the help of his new followers many new converts are found. A few of the new converts are influential in local businesses and the community.

About a month passes and upon praying one early morning Klasshak witnesses a lone strand of sunlight streak through the pre-dawn sky. Interpreting that this is a sign from the Unconquered Sun, Klasshak believes that there is a darkness in this world that is keeping the Unconquered Sun’s power from reaching this world. If that cause of the darkness could be defeated or weakened, then the Unconquered Sun will shine his light upon Earth once more.
Out there somewhere there is a Tarrasque eating delicious epic corn waiting to start a journey...
durden
Lost Knight

Dr. Archers Down Time Leap - The Dead West Adventure

Post by durden »

Locked busily in his laboratory, Dr. Magnum Archer, currently in the body of super sleuth Zap Rowsdower P.I., has been hard at work over the months to find a solution to his quantum leap problem. Forced to continually leap his consciousness through time and space, within the timeline of his ancestors, Dr. Archer must set right what once went wrong, hoping that his next leap will be the leap home. Having spent several lifetimes on his quest, Archer finally had the downtime to reconstruct a crude version of his quantum leap accelerator. Powered through super-science and his own arête, Archer again stepped into the machine in an attempt to assert control over his journey. Disappearing in a brilliant flash that temporarily blacked out several city blocks, Archer awoke in a new place and time.

The intended destination of his own self in his own time remained an elusive mark. Instead, Archer awakens to the sounds of a crowded gathering, spitting, cursing, clinking glasses, and a nice, upbeat ditty on the piano. The surroundings and dress of the large, burly man standing over him, clearly not amused, offered all the needed clues to his setting. Great, the Wild West. The man, hairy and angry, had Archer by the scruff and continued to shout a number of profanities that mostly have lasted the test of time. The beast of a man reared back his fist. Oh boy, this is going to hurt.

The full-out bar brawl that commenced was the stuff of cliché and legend. Chairs, men, and bottles populated the air, soaring over fists and unconscious men on the floor below. Scrambling his way out the door, those old-timey, swinging bar doors, Archer escapes only to find more trouble in the form of a line of men waiting to join the brouhaha in the packed bar. The scuffle continues as Archer is passed around the line and manhandled until a man in a white hat, obviously his salvation, fires a shot and stands between Archer and the bloodthirsty pack. Of course, this man is the sheriff, the younger, eager-for-justice, archetype. “Boy,” says the sheriff, “you just had to cause trouble. Couldn’t just lay low. Ya think with all the trouble that’s about to fall down on us, you’d be preparing. Hell, maybe you was in your own damaged head. HA!”

Confused as usually, Archer just shrugs and follows the sheriff back to the station. Despite the brawl that certainly continues down the dusty street in what otherwise appears to be a ghost town, those types you see in movies with wooden cutout building faces, the deputies and other, less reputable men gathered, seem preoccupied. The sight of guns being cleaned and loaded, knives being sharpened, and that crinos-from werewolf chanting and swinging a medicine bag in the corner tell of an impending battle. Wait, werewolf…GREAT. Archer quickly gathers that this bunch are either all Garou, or at least familiars. Their opponent was even more disturbing. Of course, Archer would find himself almost two hundred years in the past fighting voodoo zombies with a bunch of werewolves. Still, it beats the time he was a pregnant, unwed teen in the 1960’s South facing stigma and child birth…

This pack of Silver Fangs readied for an imminent attack by a large pack of Wyrm-tainted corpses, animated by a human (presumably) necromancing Indian. It turns out this town was built on the graves of his ancestors and his entire tribe, save himself, was wiped out by gold-hungry settlers. Naturally, Archer turned out to be the only kinfolk amongst the group. The hero of the group, the tall, muscular, white hat sheriff wielded a strange weapon, the gun-glaive. As night fell over the city, doors closed, shutters slammed, and the streets practically rolled up. Even the naïve, simple folk of the town understood that an unnatural darkness was descending on their sleepy town. The few drunks still out on the streets were the first to fall. Others that failed to bar their doors properly quickly fell to the undead horde, numbering in the hundreds. As the shadows fell across the streets, the long-buried dead clawed their way out of the graves to join the vengeful army, looking to reclaim their land from those bold and stupid enough to transgress upon this sacred ground.

In a slight break from genre and setting, a holographic helicopter descended upon the sheriff’s office, bringing news of the mission and offering some much-needed comic relief. This battle, as it turns out, is of great historic importance. The Garou championing the earth mother, yet defending those that would exploit her to the fullest, leaving only destruction in their wake, would fall this day to the Wyrm. The risen Garou would then be corrupted by the necromancer, himself once a champion of Gaia, and become a new, unholy blight upon the world, living in shadow and growing their ranks through the present era, where they would soon unleash a terrible force without equal. So, a little pressure rests on Archer’s victory. Without much more than a peashooter to wield against the horde, something inventive and quick would have to be devised.

Teaming with the pack’s Theurge, Archer locates the necromancer. Before riding out, Archer uses some tricks of the trade he has picked up both as a crafty private investigator and a wielder of powerful magics to create defenses in the town, including fire traps, thunder blasts, and slowing time loops to delay the zombies and thin their lines. Taking advantage of an opportunity created by the lighting strike on the town’s still under-construction clock tower that temporarily slowed time, Archer makes haste to the necromancer, accompanied by a slightly confused, but open-minded sheriff. This is not a battle to be won by magics, but through carefully written dialogue and charismatic presentation.

Upon reaching the rise of the hill just outside town, the two carefully approach the bonfire of the necromancer where the Indian busily recited dark incantations long forbidden by his people. First, his concentration must be broken. Sending the sheriff to stealthy flank the Indian on the other side, Archer invokes his most touching and influencing power, the power of song. Relying on words of the great poet, philosopher, and sage, John Lenon, Archer sings a tale of loving cooperation, calling for the imagining of a unity forged by the removal of artificial constructs of the mind that separate humankind. The haunting song touched the vengeance-minded Indian, as he is forced finally to grasp the enormity of the betrayal of the very ideals of his people. While this land was indeed sacred, it is not his to lay claim. The earth mother gifted his people, and all people, with the bounty of life and the resources of the land. Disturbing his people, now resting in the happy hunting grounds of the afterlife, was wrong. His spell interrupted, the zombie plague and the warriors readied in their last stand, find a pause as the horde is temporarily halted by a lack of driving force. Taking advantage of their silent revere, the Garou smash through the ranks, quickly tearing apart zombie horde.

As the necromancer ponders his failure, he is reminded of the whole-sale slaughter his people suffered by the greedy townsfolk. Archer’s spell broken, the Indian resumes his spell, only to be run through by the sheriff, who waited in the shadows, ready to strike. You have to give the villain a chance at redemption first, you know. As the pack finished clearing the streets of undead, they began immediately began constructing the tale of the kinfolk that saved them all. Archer, still misty-eyed from his song, helps the sheriff lay the body of the lone, sad Indian to rest in the land of his people. Tipping his hat to the sheriff, Archer reflects on his recent adventure, which all went down in a short, 43 minute flash, as a growth experience. His leaps, while burdensome, truly help those in need. He cannot simply abandon the weak and defenseless to pursue his own selfish desires. The telltale blue light began to encompass him, alerting Archer to his imminent leap. For the first time, he was glad that this leap would no doubt put him back in harm’s way between the forces of light and darkness. Still, he hoped that he was done with that odd bunch with the dinosaur and mummy blogger.

As his consciousness shifted to his next form, Archer’s surroundings immediately alerted him to his setting. He was back in his laboratory. Back with the dinosaur. Back with the mummy girl. Back with the dead cat on a rope. Oh crap. I mean, oh boy!
*Da nana na nana na na nana...”
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Foster engages with the local vampires of the city. The Giovanni are, perhaps, not a huge problem, but he needs to be sure that attention for their abrupt absence is shifted away from himself and his... allies. He does what he can to direct some of the Kindred attention toward the local Technocrats, since they've been harassing him and the others.

Given his find in the Chantry, he also begins to look into moving the local Tremere to a new Chantry, using the abrupt vanishing of the local Giovanni as a pretext. The move provides some opportunity to acquire a few of the books in the library for his own purposes. Critically, he's looking to do research on his new associates. What, for example, is a Dragon King? What sort of strange ghost/vampire is the blogger? Books on ghosts, shifters, ancient history, and the like are all books that he targets.

Some more time is spent reinforcing the defenses of the hideout, primarily by putting up hidden wards on neighboring houses in order to try and repel supernatural observers. This is not, however, this is not his main exercise of power.

He begins spending an hour or two each night controlling the tides of quintessence within the city, building up the amount of ambient power. He was not at this point concentrating it anywhere, but this is a just preparation for the node creation he plans to do shortly. Saturating the city with the power might have side effects - but he cares very little.

If prompted, he does work to support the boons that he's granted. Dominate, of course, is the main tool of this trade, as much of what he's been contracted to do has concerned the control of mortals within the city.