From the time of the Minoan eruption through the modern nights, there have always been characters. Characters we play.
Avilister
The Mitten King

World War TtA

Post by Avilister »

WAR!

As the tide of Nazi Germany rolls across central Europe, your character somehow gets involved. Whether they be an undead GI, a lycanthropic codetalker, or a magical resistance fighter (or a sentient tank empowered by the souls of its dead crew on a quest for revenge), you've probably got some sort of idea for them. This is the thread to record those ideas before you forget them and share other useful resources. Unlike many of the Through the Ages games that take place in the distant past, the World War II era is extremely well documented.

The game will primarily focus on France (though the exact date has yet to be decided to my knowledge), so I'll start us off with some links to Wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_mi ... rld_War_II
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vichy_France
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_France
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_in_World_War_II
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resistanc ... rld_War_II
Avilister
The Mitten King

Re: World War TtA

Post by Avilister »

Henri du Gast, Codename: Oberon

Perfectly happy to make his haven in the Bibliothèque de l'Arsenal, Henri was enraged when the Nazi's occupied Paris and a special detachment raided his home's occult archives (which had mostly been ignored by mortals). Henri has since begun providing mortal resistance fighters with aid from the shadows and with intelligence when he can get it. In his communication with them or other resistance fighters he gives only the name 'Oberon'. If he must meet them, he takes pains to disguise his face - they assume it is for the purpose of remaining anonymous, and they're only partially correct.

Henri is a Cainite, a member of a rare bloodline called the Kiasyd. His Embrace greatly altered his mortal appearance. He is willowy and tall with hair that is stark white and skin that seems faintly blue. His ears come to a distinct point and his eyes are purely white featuring no pupil or other coloration - these he frequently hides behind sunglasses when facing mortals, even at night. Though originally an academic and archivist, Henri has become adept at the methods of resistance, learning a number of ciphers and codes and how to operate radios. While his blood calls him to absorb knowledge and quietly wile away the centuries, he recognizes that the Nazi forces in Europe represent an immediate threat not only to mortals, but to supernatural denizens that live along side them. Though it is distasteful, immediate action is required - it isn't as if those books are going to get themselves back, after all.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

Name: Astrid Kvale Aliases: Valkyrie, Chooser of the Slain

Astrid was born to a semi-rural farm family in Norway. Her uncle, a university scholar, interested her in the humanities, and she harbored secret hopes of attending university herself before the German occupation left her a homeless orphan. Astrid only survived thanks to her awakening in the midst of the battle that destroyed her life. She was taken in by the local mage community, and mentored by a local Verbena witch and her Euthanatos lover. Astrid proved an apt pupil initially, embracing the myth and metaphysics introduced by her mentors, but she refused to deal with her painful history, choosing instead to redefine herself as a Valkyrie of old.

Her mentors, unsure of what to do, allowed her to continue in her fantasies, both in hopes that it would act as a focus for her growing magical power, and as a distraction while they fled Norwary to carry information to Allied forces at the behest of the Council of Nine. Unfortunately for Astrid, tragedy struck again as they were trapped by necromancers aligned with the Reich. Though the necromancers fell, Astrid's protectors died from their wounds, and Astrid herself barely escaped to deliver the message her mentors had been entrusted with.

The following months saw her drift from one embattled region to another, following the frayed strands of fate to areas where the fighting was heaviest. She granted fortune to the allied forces, saved the lives of some, and took the lives of others. Sometimes she was adopted by units as a guardian angel, and from them she learned combat and survival, but such relationships invariably ended in death. She was a chooser of the slain, it was not her fate to stand long in the company of mortals.

By the time she reached France, Astrid had been replaced by Valkyrie. Her cold eyes maintained a faraway gaze, watching the strands of fate that overlay her surroundings. Something was converging. There would be battle, and there would be death. Soon, she would tip the scales of destiny. Soon...
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

Cid Kapowski
8th generation Nosferatu

"Name’s Cid. Just an industrious Jersey kid that signed up to fight the Krauts. Made my way to Europe during the ‘Great War’ and haven’t left since. We played this one smart, waitin till the fight was mostly over. Mostly. Me and my guys, we didn’t make it. Kraut artillery was bad enough. Then the gas. Then the damn monsters. Wasn’t sure if they were after us, or runnin from something worse. So I hesitated. Turns out, I was right. So sure, vampires and werewolves are real. Plus whatever the hell that other thing was, with the horns and fire. Long story short, me and a few of my boys made it, but got pretty scraped up. This is the part where we was turned. Part reward, part restocking their ranks. No surprise here that immortals are dicks.

Skip a few years, I’m livin in the sewers of Paris. Mom always talked about wanting to see the ‘City of Love.’ Given my new look and sudden aversion to the sun, I’ve been spendin most my time underground. Guy could spend a lifetime down here. Suppose I will spend several. To keep busy down here, I’ve been makin friends with rats and workin on my people skills. If that last part don’t make much sense, you clearly haven’t been following me so far. Made me a bit of an outcast with the new crew, but hangin on to the human side got me through the change. Turns out, I might be ugly as sin, but I can take on other faces. Found ways to schmooze with the locals at night, passin as one a them. I’m smarter than I sound (and look, I suppose). Been known to start a few fires too. Got some connections now and opted to stick around when most of the clan got out before all the action started back up again. Seems we didn’t finish that war after all.

Here I am now, fightin the good fight once again. Krauts hold the city, but I know it’s deep, dark secrets. Don’t know much of the occult, but there are plenty of other things that go bump in the night. I’m gonna need their help."