Everything changed on that day. Now is a time for new heroes. The Exalted have come.
rydi
Site Admin

A New Dawn for New Dawn

Post by rydi »

Reading the initial description for this game now, years later, it lines up shockingly well with the events of the Dudes of Legend (DoL) continuity. The release of the exaltations in DoL corresponds almost exactly to the 2012 timeframe listed for the first exaltations in this game... Based on that, it occurred to me that we could revive this game and accomplish multiple goals that have been on the table for various members of our little roleplaying troupe for years: 1) play modern exalted, 2) play exalts vs. the OWoD, 3) further flesh out DoL continuity, 4) further explore 2nd ed. Exalted interactions, and 5) provide an opportunity for a low stress play-by-post game.

With these things in mind, I've switched New Dawn to be a World of Darkness forum, and am tentatively planning to moderate interactions here once people start posting. Notice I sad moderate... I believe that, for this game, individual players will by necessity have to drive the game forward, both participating in the story and creating it. If this game is to be successful, we must all be storytellers. I will simply provide some impetus (I miss aberrant) to get things rolling when they get stuck, and help create a cohesive setting.

Some initial posting guidelines:
-Review the setting information in this forum before you begin posting. I will be updating it shortly with modifications based on its inclusion within the DoL continuity.
-Posting is expected to be somewhat infrequent, 1-2 per week, though players may post more frequently if they choose
-Players should maintain an individual thread for their character specific plots, and attempt to integrate the actions from the threads of others into the periphery of their storytelling (if Don changes the political landscape of Tokyo, the player of Amiko, the Chosen of Endings should incorporate those changes into her own posts to some degree)
-Players interested in cooperative threads should agree to work together on such threads (out of game conversation might help facilitate this) and work together to maintain the action in them.
-Players are free to add posts to individual or cooperative threads occasionally to liven things up, or suggest new directions (unless the posters state that such interference is undesired); I intend to do this from time to time, disseminating info that characters become privy to and dropping plot threads
-It is the responsibility of everyone to maintain continuity. Please reference the DoL timeline for more details on the existing continuity. Remember, we all plan on playing in DoL again, so don't shit where you plan on playing :)
-When developing posts, it is beneficial to phrase things so that there is some wiggle room, especially when developing elements that are part of the larger setting... So, for example, Amiko may BELIEVE she knows that the true origin of werewolves is that they are the long-lost decendents of lunars, but the truth of the matter is more ambiguous. Similarly, when using other people's characters in your stories (appropriate with their permission), remember not to commit them to courses of action, but rather just use them to develop a plot and increase the connections between characters in the story.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982