Everything changed on that day. Now is a time for new heroes. The Exalted have come.
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Re: OOC

Post by Amseriah »

Ok cool, the character sheet from Mr Gone has other urges as options in the drop down menu and had me perplexed.
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

Voltron!!!

How about a set of warstriders that comes together to form a giant Solar?

When the Dawn (who is the head) screams "FORM REAVER DAIKLAVE" the two hands come together, pull apart and there's a Reaver Daiklave.

The eyes get a reduced cost Blazing Solar Bolt.

The legs have mini-Essence Cannons.

You can summon an Infinite Jade Chakram at will with no cross-tuning penalties for not being Dragon Blooded.

This thing eats gunzoshas for breakfast. It was meant to combat the Wyld, but was sealed away by the Twilight Naroc before he was killed during the Usurpation.

You need a Hearthstone 3 just to get the thing to boot up and talk to you. A Hearthstone 4 is needed for movement. In the head unit (Dawn) you need to put in a Hearthstone 5 to take the needed information from the other 4 units.

They're not shaped like lions, that would be lame. They're shaped like Ocelots, and they're all spotted.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

While that's great and all, I don't think Warstriders have a place in the Modern Exalted setting. Primarily because there are no artifacts, but also because its the World of Darkness. :P

Edit: Also, out of curiosity, I checked Mr Gone's sheets and I couldn't find any that had the Urge on it at all, much less multiples that weren't in the book. Which sheet were you looking at?
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

Well yeah, of course a WoD/Modern Exalted has no business having the awesomeness of Voltron...they don't deserve it :P

I couldn't find the the exact character sheet so I may have gotten it somewhere else, to be forever lost in the sands of the the interwebs lol.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

Just because it doesn't belong, doesn't mean it won't happen...
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Yeah, but in this case they're likely to only appear in plots of Dudes games, a tier beyond even typical Exalt stories in this setting. Exalts certainly can eventually build such things, but its likely to take them at least decades to build up the resources of magical materials and construction infrastructure required to do so. Materials are largely the limiting factor as they must refine magical materials from mundane ones or discover exceedingly rare veins of "naturally" occuring ones.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

That was the implication I was going for. This is a part of the DoL continuity. That said, odds are they won't be built, but rather found. If such a thing were to occur, that is.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

Fun Zach! I have been wanting to see a modern Alchemical.