Everything changed on that day. Now is a time for new heroes. The Exalted have come.
Avilister
The Mitten King

OOC

Post by Avilister »

This thread for New Dawn OOC. Please try to keep all non-game comments here.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

my intent with it is to be a bit different than other PbP games
[11:27:33 PM] Steven Ferguson: it should not have a lot of the back-and-forth that pbp tends to have
[11:27:48 PM] Steven Ferguson: rather, I envision it being a series of short-story type posts and whatnot
[11:29:19 PM] Steven Ferguson: Collaborative efforts should ideally involve both players ceding narrative control of all involved characters back and forth as each writes several paragraphs of material
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

I'll work this in somewhere else eventually, but for all that it is relevant, the "start of game" time is sometime during the summer of 2013.
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

I am liking this a LOT. I would love to join in the festivities.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Character creation is errata'd as of the new Ink Monkeys post. This game will be using that errata. A link to the Ink Monkeys blog posts can be found on the wiki for this game. Characters already created (only mine, I think) can be recreated to take advantage of the new rules.
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

This game should be brought back into consideration. It is a fun concept and 2.5 will be coming out soon and will probably fix the siddies so that they are playable.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

If it is, I'll probably rework some of the cosmological stuff; I'm not sure how I feel about some of it. Player input is, of course, welcome.
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

There are some questions that I have about the setting. Do the Sidereals intuitively know about Yu Shan, if indeed it is in this reality? Are artifacts to be created by the new exalts, discovered in ancient tombs inaccessible to modern archeologists, or retrieved from museums? Is the Loom of Fate in play? Are all charms learned intuitively, including TMAs, CMAs, SMAs, and Sorcery; or are those charms not available at first?
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Yu-Shan is unknown except in the fragmented memory of Celestial Exalts - there are no known ways to get there (though I leave the possibility as an open question. if it does still exist, it is certainly in a quite sorry state).

Artifacts are primarily intended to be created by Exalts - stuff in museums and whatnot are, frankly, not old enough. Additionally it is unlikely that even the enhanced durability of artifacts was sufficient for them to survive whatever twisted the world into a sphere.

Whether or not the Loom of Fate is in play is sort of irrelevant, as Hatewheel recently said in a post that he was removing the Fate keyword from the game. By default the Loom governs causality, and we have that, so the answer is ultimately "maybe".

Charms are always learned intuitively be default - they just require a longer training time if you don't have an instructor. Martial Arts are remembered from your last incarnation or two. Sorcery is frequently learned accidentally - perhaps a side effect of a still-functioning Salinian Working? Bears investigation.
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

Cool! It keeps sounding more fun. I have another question, is The Mask still broken?
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

I addressed this in the character creation section. The answer, though, is no, because The Mask does not exist anymore. Sidereals act as their First Age counterparts. If you're looking at making a Sidereal, I wouldn't get too attached to the mechanics, as we're currently expecting Sidereal charmset errata sometime this week. That said, all Sidereals in this setting Exalt on or after the date mentioned (February 9, 2013) and are 24 years of age or less as of that date (people born earlier than 1989 were born too early to have Sidereal Exaltation included in their destiny, or something). There still aren't a whole lot of Sidereals around - probably less than 15 or so.

I originally wrote that Lunars also had 5 full castes and were as their first age versions as well, but I'm starting to mentally backtrack on that one. Their base 3 castes are. generally, quite a bit better than the original 5. The original 5 allow more flexibility with favored attributes, but their caste anima powers, for the most part, suck pretty hard.

I may go with something of a mix, like use the base 3 castes and then favor two out of the three caste attributes and 2 others (still get 4, but you get more flexibility). Not sure. If someone wants to make a Lunar, it can be addressed at that time.

Edit: See also
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

After much contemplation I have concluded that I will make a Chosen of Secrets. It seems to me that the minute that the exalts come back an Oracle would exalt also to help people find out what the Hell is going on.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

Still plan on making John Rambo, harbinger of the red dawn.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Amseriah
Lost Knight

Re: OOC

Post by Amseriah »

Where are the Urges not in the Main Infernal book located? I have looked in Ink Monkeys, Scroll of Errata, and Broken Winged Crane.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Re: OOC

Post by Avilister »

There's only one type of Urge not in the main book. The Urge Kimberry provides is in the Broken Winged Crane at the start of the chapter that has her charmset in it.