For general info, discussion and links regarding OWoD and NWoD settings.
Sephone
Lost Knight

Technical Problems of L.A.R.P.

Post by Sephone »

There are technical problems in the way we are running the Elders and the situations they are in. Ex. Sequestered Primogen meetings. Ramifications of old plot to be dealt with. Etc.

The result of this is the further (literal) isolating of the older players from the newer. As well as the inevitable deteoration of roleplay in the absence of more experienced players.

I have some thoughts on what could be done to fix this problem, & some of you may, as well. If you do, <b><i> Share with the class.</i></b>

We need to have figured out a solution before the start of next summer.

~ Sephone.
Ebon_Willow
Knight

Post by Ebon_Willow »

Having talked with Haley on the subject already I agree with her that things should be done before game. Perhaps Primogen could meet early? While I know that people had a hard time being on time before, I still hope that people would be willing to get stuff discussed without tying (I can't spell) up the whole group.
Nothing Nothing Nothing Tra La La
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

well the primogen council could always meet at the end... GMs can come out and basically say the evening is over for planned events and have the council meeting at that point... people dont have to leave or even stop playing... if there are any GMs not involved with that they can officiate for the others but it is unlikely there are going to be any with the way things go... most GMs end up in there to play a character or just to hear what may impact their plot..
That which is not dead can eternal lie and with strange eons even death may die
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

I proposed the idea on another thread and I'll throw it out again here:

Do the primogen meetings online. I can configure a forum that is restricted to only the members of the council if they desire some sort of secrecy/privacy. In this way primogeny things can be handled without the need to interrupt other gameplay which, at least in my fairly limited experience, totally shuts things down for everyone else.
Ivanovich
Lost Knight

Post by Ivanovich »

we tried doing them online, but they really went no where when we did. then again that is half the problem with them in the first place. They go no where really fast unless a specific topic is brought up. Which is generally in the middle of a game session. I am certain though that we can make more of an effort to avoid having people call for them or simply gloss over them unless they are majorly important, like someone kills the prince, and half the city important.
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

Of course if you just make sure the/a primary GM is not on the Council then it bypasses putting the rest of the game on hold...

one thing I noticed is that the primogen for some reason are directly invovled in any and every event occuring... time to start delegating authority in case a primogen is not around for contact/advice/orders...
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

yeah, the lack of effort spent by primogen on the forums, and on the game overall, is often impressive. no clan plans, nothing discussed before games, nothing really in game half the time either. part of that is a lack of a compiled list of pc/npc's, which will hopefully be rectified, and a lack of "clan issues" to bring up at meetings, which will also see some improvement, especially with the covenant system introduced. but people have to be generrative rather than just responding to stuff, and they have to have goals/objectives to fulfill, projects, interests, etc. the toreador primogen (not george, cuz he's a freak, but just a generic one) may want to take over a portion of the downtown district from the ventrue to expand the art district. the brujah want more feeding grounds that don't suck. the council as a whole may have some concerns with other supernaturals and want to actually assign people to deal with them(spying/talking/bribing/killing), which would actually give someone else something to do. Just because you are the best at something, doesn't mean you want to risk your immortal ass doing it (thael is right on the delegating bit, at least in part). The people playing the primogen drive the game, and are responsible for shaping its feel and structure; it is a position of responsibility in and out of the game.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

If other primogen want help I can give them ideas. The nossies were ran well in the opinion of my underlings last I checked.

If anyone doesn't want or isn't willing to put in the effort to plan clan crap outside of game then they shouldn't hold the office. Its very simple. We are at a good point to replace people pre-summer game so speak up now.

Also if you want cheyne I can start organizing primogen stuff as part of my GM responabilities. The coucil is a big enough job we might want to just throw a GM at it.
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

a member of the Council should either be a GM or at the very least act as a secretary to give notes to the GM... or if everyone is too lazy take a recorder into the meeting and have the GMs listen to it later.

I do agree with the concept of the primogen spot having an out-of-game session requirement. I know that once upon a time the council would meet and have a meal together and hash things out.

The other option, since Cheyne mentioned the covenants, is to not have any PC primogen characters so the GMs can have more influence on overall clan motivatations and not have to worry about the council. If you instead have PCs leading the covenants then they can still wield a good deal of power and influence in the politics but they don't have council meetings and won't require so much extra effort since the GMs can advance plot through the council memebers if things get slow or misdirected.
My Color is Blue
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

This is currently being worked on.

Primogen need to be PC players. This is a Larp so anything that can be run by the players should be. If you want to stay as primogen be prepared to do extra work out of game. Its going to be required.
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

arete wrote:This is currently being worked on.

Primogen need to be PC players. This is a Larp so anything that can be run by the players should be. If you want to stay as primogen be prepared to do extra work out of game. Its going to be required.
you DO read the boards. HA! Well, you know the rules. 3 posts and you're out. If you come back you have to stay forever.
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

Only when it slows down at work.
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

Durden was a better primogen than anyone. Had a plan for his clan, implemented it, and built a pretty strong power base. The rest of you suck.
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

durden wrote:Durden was a better primogen than anyone. Had a plan for his clan, implemented it, and built a pretty strong power base. The rest of you suck.
Carson?
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

Did Carson do something amazing I wasn't informed of?