For general info, discussion and links regarding OWoD and NWoD settings.
Rusty
Lost Soul

OKC Nights: New Moon

Post by Rusty »

::The crowd was not as large as it had been the previous year, but it was quite large for a crowd of it's kind. Many hundreds of people, most of them citizens of Oklahoma City, but a significant number of them pilgrims from afar. A small group of them had come from various parts of Europe as well, and whose presence the local news reporters had noted rather strongly. Young and old, rich and poor, all manner of people had gathered. They had come together on this night of all nights, to memorialize the death of Billy Graham, twenty years ago. In previous years, this had merely been a candlelight vigil, but this year, a speaker was planned. Artemis Faust, President of the Oklahoma City Foundation, would be making a rarefied appearance tonight.::

::Mr Faust appeared at the stage dressed in all black, elegant yet simple garb, with his obviously Teutonic features highlighted starkly by the sea of lit candles that stretched before him. The acapella spiritual singing dwindled down as the man commanded the attention of the crowd in silence and without moving. A muffled thud invoked his microphone.::

"Fellow faithful, tonight we gather to remember a great man, a man of god, a man of vision, a man of character. We remember his presence, his power, his inner voice, his dedication, and above all, his faith. And we gather here to remind ourselves and each other of how much he was loved, but more importantly, we reflect on what his life meant, and what his death meant. Billy Graham lived as he believed, in pursuit of the highest ideals, the most pure dedication to his cause, and the truest faith of all. And in his passing on to heaven, to sit with the father, we take up his mantle, each of us, in remembering him, how he lived, and what it was he wanted for the world. We stand here together by candlelight, to say, not only that we remember Billy Graham, but that we stand united against those forces of darkness that he so doggedly fought himself. We deny passage to any dark spirit or dark influence, we force the devil away with our faith! Not in our city, not in my city! We declare Domain over this city, and those corrupt elements that sneak and slide and prey on us are banished! Let them fly from this place with all speed, lest the full measure of our faith be levied against them. Let us pray."

::High above the crowd, from the aging buttresses of a towering edifice of an old church, two lone figures watched in secret, as the crowd prayed out loud. Even many hundreds of feet from the crowd and security, they spoke in subdued voices, and kept their profiles below that of the gargoyles behind them.::

"Did you find out what the word means?"

"I did, Mr. Slug, but my source was not very forthcoming."

"Well, what does it mean?"

"It means nothing, it is but a name. The name is of his clan. Like your breeds."

"And? Is that it?"

"They are tightly regimented, they have a fortress not far from here, and they can work magic of sorts."

"Was your contact's master able to shed any more light?"

"Mr. Slug, you forget yourself. I have aided you and your kind, however extinct it appears you are about to be, because my master is interested in seeing these events change course. My contact owes me favors, and I owe you none, not after the trouble I helped you out of just a few months past. You owe me favors for information such as this, and I suggest you keep that in mind in the coming nights."

"You're correct of course, Sampson, I owe you." ::Mr Slug grimaced as he choked the words out.::

"Mr. Slug, my contact's master is not in such a state to directly answer questions, however, my contact was. Julia had a message to relate, I do not know if it comes from her master or not."

"What is the message?"

"They are legion. They number over 300. They are the Tremere, and this city is theirs now."

"Prince Precious resigns her post? She concedes defeat?"

"She can do little to defend her claim from the throes of Torpor, in her secret chambers beneath the city. She sleeps in the depths, awaiting the time for her to return。She commands sanity and darkness, sees the future, and has known times beyond memory. If she could influence events now, then she already has, and cannot do more."

::Mr Slug was silent. Sampson softened his tone when he broke the silence again.::

"What will your people do? My master, whose will I represent, wishes to know."

::Mr Slug paused for what seemed like an eternity before answering.::

"We will summon the Guthrie Vampires back to Oklahoma City. Our hope now lies with them."
Last edited by Rusty on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

So... This idea has been discussed a bit. The purpose of this thread is to give you a teaser trailer and invoke any interest there still is for this game.

So far the main proposal has been to bring the characters back, and their childer, to a changed okc, and to explore the darkness of their souls and the struggle between sire and childe.

Bringing back most of the original players would be very desired for this game, and bringing in new players is also necessary.

If there is not a one to one ratio of new players to old players, then old players would need to write perhaps a few side characters to play, as the childer of the odd players out.

I would have some interest in recruiting a co-gm, which would need to be someone fluent in owod rules, willing to manage most combat and help stage and develop plot threads and set pieces.

Do not let the "in character" nature of the opening of this thread dissuade you, I would very much like to determine interest or lack thereof, particularly from previous players.
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

In discussing this game, for which there appears to be substantial interest, I've been able to reconstruct some of the original roster.

Cheyne: Emma Essex, Toreador (Brujah)
Jason: Nathaniel "Nate" Essex, Toreador
Haley: Nosferatu
Zack: Malkavian (Deceased, now Wraith)
Thael: Tremere (Final Death)
Paul: Gangrel (May have possessed the 100 Proverb Sword)
Chris: Ventrue?

An important part of this game would be the rigors of embracing a new vampire and trying to deal with the consequences of doing so. These vampires would be played by new players and some old players to the OKC nights setting. I'd like to see who would be interested in joining the troupe as new players and as the childer of the old players, though it would appear that zack needs a new character, probably as someone's childe.
Last edited by Rusty on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

This idea intrigues me, but my participation is dependent on a lot of things. What games are on the docket, of which there are already 2 that i am in, so that looks bad. If Lacie goes to a summer festival I might be able to be coaxed out for a couple games, but really the new Marvel game and Immortal are where my priorities lie.
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

I think it was proposed that this game could get a short first season in the immediate future, running for a couple months before immortal starts, and continuing if desired at a later time. That's really something for cheyne to speak to, as I've got one game I'm really in right now, that being marvel, and the other saturday I have available for the most part, work and sushi training concerns notwithstanding. Xiaoming has mentioned that after I'm trained to a certain point, me might be willing to offer me a job as a once a week sushi chef, which would make my saturday commitments more permanent, right now not showing up for sushi on saturday is completely up to me and has no consequences.

Do I recall your previous character correctly? You were the angry gangrel that originally met the kuei jin?
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

As previously state, I'm in. I'm not going to be able to run immortal during april anyway. My workload will just be too high.

March is occupied (25th is Chet's last game, then the following weekend is Jason's birthday thing), but April might be fun.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

Yep you have it right. She was the pissed off gangrel who was either on a path, or getting on a path, and she did have the sword.
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

So, the current plan for the embracees is for the Chosen to create mortal V20/owod characters and submit them to me privately. I will then present them to the extant vampires who will make bids to embrace them. Any characters that have more than one bid on them will be the subject of a roll off or GM decision, or in character negotiation, to determine who sires who.

Game will most likely be held here at Mike and Emily's (and Gideon's) house, provided that the chosen night is one which accommodates everyone's existing schedules.

In game time will start with your arrival in Guthrie to meet with your contact, as directed by your Geas with the werewolves, though there will be an opportunity to discuss your logistics of travel and preparations for your return.

There will likely be live action portions to the content, which is to say, sections in which the characters are together and the focus of the segment is interaction with each other, or with a single or small group of NPCs. We will probably start with such a section shortly after the characters make embraces.

If you have concerns that your character *wouldn't* embrace another, we can certainly entertain this and discuss it.

Due to my familiarity with nWOD and disuse of oWOD, I will be looking to the more experienced players, in regards to oWOD, to assist with rules heavy segments of the game, such as combat. And there will be combat.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

When do they make and post their summaries to you via PM?

Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

Childer should submit their characters to me no later than the week before game starts, preferably before the end of next week, so that if there are compatibility issues or something like that they can be reconcepted if necessary.

Game looks to be the 14th, 28th, and 12th. Game sessions are likely to be long. We'll probably do group food if possible, or order something in, and start as early in the day as possible. I can probably either just not do sushi those days or cut out early, I'd like to get started no later than 4pm, though with a group this size and food arrangements such as they are likely to be, food can come *during* a game.
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

I am interested in this game, but scheduling might be an issue. I am maxed playing in 2 games right now.

also I work 8am-5pm tuesday - saturday. I have been attending games after work so that is not an issue, but if you want to start before 5pm that might be something of an issue for me. I would not mind showing up late, but I dont want to disrupt the game.
psn: aretepolitic
Steam: aretepolitic
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

Haley doesn't get off till 5pm, and i'd prefer not to go without her as we'll probably drive together.

So, you can start without us, but that is when we'll be there.

Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

While we appear to be still on for the 14th, I have yet to hear...anything at all from most of the players. Like, anything.
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

Upon further consideration, the childer selection will procede slightly differently. The old vampires will prioritize the potential childer in order of preference, like a ballot, and submit them to me. I will then determine who each person winds up with.

We will also discuss any additional investigations you do, and what methodsyou might use to track down your chosen one on the predestined night.
Ivanovich
Lost Knight

Post by Ivanovich »

Which version of owod are we using? I am curious how V20 goes, but do not really know much of the changes that were made except that they changed some of the skills.