In remembrance of all the joy, and misery, of past games. Leave your offerings here.
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

“Companion and Brave Warrior, Icelord, doth return. It has been sometime, but I remember. Heimdall remembers all. I remember thy young lass and what her return portends to Asgard and the Nine Worlds. ‘Tis regrettable that Lord Thor is unable to witness the child’s homecoming. Until this moment, thine birth was concealed to all but a few. Balder the Brave rules in the Odinson’s place, for now. This shall be news to his ears. See to it thou art careful in revealing the child’s origins.”

:: The man known as Heimdall returns to his sentry position and his guards return to their posts. Three figures emerge from the dispersing crowd, approaching with weapons sheathed and arms wide. The largest and likely loudest among the three speaks first ::

“Well, well, now this be truly a momentous occasion! A cause for celebration! Icelord stands before us once again. Icelord, the defender of the Immortal Realm! Icelord, the Tamer of the Frigid Wastes! Icelord, the Lover who could melt even the coldest of hearts! HAHAHA! Good friend, I fear that my welcome may not be that which you most fervidly anticipated, hmm? Perhaps this old fool shall step aside and allow for other reunions. I shall fetch the wine!”

:: The large man, fat for a warrior yet clad for war and no doubt experienced in it, turns excitedly and heads off toward the castle, calling for gaiety and otherwise riling up others along his way ::
The remaining two warriors leap to Drake, or Icelord as he is known here, and embrace him powerfully without flinching at the ubiquitous, intense cold surrounding the hero. Drake strains to speak from under their powerful embrace ::

“Hogun! Valkyrie! Well met, my friends. I didn’t think I’d be the real draw in this scenario. I brought you all something. Volstagg seems more interested in the booze. Haha-erck … Crushing…”

Hogun: “Ha yes, the damned braggart seats his priorities in reveling! Or, perhaps, ‘tis I the only fool not trusted with powerful secrets, eh Valkyrie?”
Valkyrie: “Icelord has returned to us a true daughter of Asgard! Nay, one such as you, Hogun, ‘twas not entrusted. Thou boasts more vigorously than thou dost fight! Methinks the result remains the same; you leave others wounded or lying on their backs, lifeless!
‘Tis good to see thou, Icelord. I have missed our… adventures. We shall make time during your stay. Now, the poor child shall not be ignored henceforth. Girl, what is thy name?”
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

::The girl in question couldn't help but smile at the welcome that her companion was receiving. It seems as though these people (her people?) were like Cage in some respects. It seemed like they did everything fully and with great fervor, she hadn't seen any of them use the weapons that they carried, but if they fought like they seemed to love and party then she figured that she was correct.::

"Hi, my name is Tiffany Cage. It is a pleasure to meet you."

::Tiffany extends a clawed hand in offering of a handshake.::

"This place is beautiful!"
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

“Verily, Tiffany. No doubt, this be weird and wonderful to thee, learning of thine ties to the Realm Eternal so suddenly. I see
Steel thyself, Tiffany. Balder’s mood is ill of late. We shall progress with haste.”

:: The group moves toward the castle. Tiffany observes that stoicism has replaced the sense of levity among the warriors. Valkyrie lays her hand upon the Tiffany's back, patting to reassure the child ::

"‘Tis not the time to ponder the paradox of your life. Balder likely knows of your arrival and parentage. However, your mother is not known to me. Dost though know of thine mother and father?”
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

"Well I don't know who my father is, but my mother is Jubilation Lee. She was one of the first X-Men kids and then when the White Queen and Banshee opened up the Massachusetts school she went there to lead Generation X. I know almost all of her stories, she kept diaries and left them to me when she died. My Dad taught me to read using them, and I still love to go back to them, it makes me feel closer to her...her true self...back before she was cursed."

::a sad look crosses her face before she schools herself to keep it blank.::
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

:: Icelord falls down. It is unlikely he slipped. Perhaps Tiffany’s revelation of her birth mother came as a shock. It seems odd, considering he obviously knows of the child’s Asgardian heritage. He stutters out his words ::

“Ja-Jubilee?? Did not see THAT coming. Guess I took for granted that your mom would be some exceptional, but… just wow. Me and that lady go back. Always thought she’d be the lead of the next generation to take over. Er wee, guess that is what I was supposed to be. Kinda goofed there, but hey, wow. Her and I really lost touch when she was turned into… into… Oh no way! Loki and the Queen of Vampires! Niiiiice. Uhm, that is to say, VERILY! TO YONDER HITHER WE MAKE HASTE… away from this conversation.”

:: Upon entry to the Great Hall, Tiffany is overawed by the sheer magnitude of the surrounding structure and the gift it is to be among the gods. Progressing down the ancient halls, Tiffany sees the figure of what must be Balder sitting on the throne in causal, even bored, manner. The interim Lord of Asgard appears as the symbol of the warrior-nature of the Asgardians. This powerfully built and armored man stirs some hint of recognition in Tiffany, a recognition she can neither understand nor explain. As the group draws close, Balder seems to snap his attention from elsewhere and leans forward to great his visitors.::
durden
Lost Knight

And they walk

Post by durden »

:: Upon entry to the Great Hall, Tiffany is overawed by the sheer magnitude of the surrounding structure and the gift it is to be among the gods. Progressing down the ancient halls, Tiffany sees the figure of what must be Balder sitting on the throne in causal, even bored, manner. The interim Lord of Asgard appears as the symbol of the warrior-nature of the Asgardians. This powerfully built and armored man stirs some hint of recognition in Tiffany, a recognition she can neither understand nor explain. As the group draws close, Balder seems to snap his attention from elsewhere and leans forward to great his visitors.::

“By Asgard's golden gates, 'tis she! 'Tis truly the offspring of the Light-Bearer, Prince of Lies, and Master of Manipulation, whom has departed yon realm for the halls of Valhalla! But now, my heart rejoices to see that she has returned! Come hither, child. Come hither.

Ah, yes. Truly, thou art a specimen. A child born of light and darkness. Master of neither, yet. Your path ‘tis open, young one. Be not too hasty in thy judgment, for not all that glitters is gold. Power lies in your dark half and it doth rage like the winter storms bursting upon the shore in furious assault! Go thee hence, milady. Thou shall prove thy mettle outside our walls. Earn thy place among the gods through victory over thine enemies and through victory over thineself. The young maiden of Midgard ‘tis not cast out.

Valkyrie! Thou shalt be accompanied by the child in thine mission against the Fenris. Thou art reminded not to engage, but to tarry forth only to determine the validity of the fears held by our fellows. The Wolf may yet proveth an ally, if properly persuaded. Dismissed.”
:: Balder turns and exits the throne room from a side entrance, behind a massive and beautifully adorned curtain. Any remarks fall upon deaf ears. Balder has been heard.

Valkyrie rests her arm over Icelord’s shoulder and looks to Tiffany ::

“Seems the lass ‘tis to waste no time in beginning her training as shield maiden. Dost thou possess skill that thine finely-crafted weapon?”
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

"My bow? Yeah I am a pretty decent shot, and i can track too if you need me to. So we are going to hunt down a wolf and then try to get it to ally with us?"
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

"No child, we will slay the beast," says Valkyrie. "Tell me of thy talents. What dost thou bring to the dinner table?"

:: Icelord leaves briefy to scout ahead. You see only flickers of a presence as the experienced veteran blends masterfully with the environment. Density, transparency, and light reflection are likely employed to match the environment. Mother's journals did not make much mention of Bobby Drake, save that he was once a "cool" and "pretty cute" guy. If he was so easily dismissed before, gains have clearly been made. The final measure is taken with combat, as Luke Cage frequently reminded, which seems imminent. Is Tiffany ready? Recalling Father's words proves effective in Tiffany's control techniques. What would he say about this situation, when one truly has to perform according to expectations as the warrior they believe themselves to be? " Heads up, Honky!" No, that is not right. "Yeah -- get me. You got me? Come on! Who you got? Say it! Say my name!" But, what is Tiffany's name? Her real name ::

Icelord (from somewhere near): "Found a way in. They really are unimaginative. Half are sleeping and the Wolf is lightly guarded. Oh, and rumors were true, Brunnhilde. He's changed. Lot bigger too. Should be fine."

Valkyrie: Of course it will be, Icelord. young Tiffany, thou wast saying?"
Last edited by durden on Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

"What do I bring to a brawl? Well i can fly pretty fast, like faster than a commercial plane fast. I am a pretty decent shot, and I can break out a can of whoop ass if things get close and dirty. I am a bloodsucker and i can use those gifts. Hmmmm....oh and i control flames, blood, and the hungry nothingness. Dad HATES that power...it is one of things that really fucks him up. I haven't ever really fought anything superpowered before, well except in training and brawling, but then I have stood toe to toe with Dad and well...I...I accidentally killed Hawkeye..."

::A look of deep regret crosses her face::

"So, anyway, that's what I bring to the table."
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

::With that Tiffany lightly steps into the cave and reaches out with her senses. She could feel the blood of something very large...and familiar. It kind of felt like her?! The confusion quickly wore off and she prepared herself for the inevitable. "This Fenris lives in a frigid climate, and is a wolf. Wolves are generally terrified of fire, so that seems like the way to go." , she thought to herself.::

"Yo, you know I'm here, I didn't try to hide my scent or footsteps from you. Are you going to face me like a man or do I need to hunt you down in your little hidey hole?"

::As she is speaking she pulls the bowstring back to her cheek and called on the Flames which leap to her bidding in the form of an arrow, already nocked, and trains it on the large source of blood, and 'listens' to it's motion to sense if the creature's heart begins to race.::
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

::Tiffany let her bolt loose down further into the cave, trusting in it to fly true. She didn't truly understand the powers that she wields, but the fire that is not fire always seemed to hit it's mark as though it sought out her enemies. As soon as her first arrow left the string she summoned another, and opened a gate to the Hungry Nothingness on the ground in front of her. Her pulse quickened, and water dripped from the ice that her fires melted as she waited to see if the beast would fall for her ruse. She glanced back at the mouth of the cave to make sure that no one was in the way in case she needed to fly out, it wouldn't do to get tangled up in one of her allies if she had to flee this Fenris.::
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

:: From the darkness, a voice, a powerful and inhuman voice, calls forth. It is disarmingly close. Perhaps the bolt missed its target or worse, it did not. The edges of a large form emerge with features not of beast, but of man. The hulking figure, easily nine or ten feet tall, is quite imposing. This beast is in no mood ::

“COME AT ME, YOUNG PUP! YOU FACE A FOE NOT EASILY FELLED BY THE SACRED WEAPONS OF ASGARD!”

:: As it steps into view, Tiffany sees the Fenris Wolf. The creature towers over Tiffany. Fenris wears light armor on the chest and greaves on his humanoid legs. He grasps two large war axes with ease in each hand. His canine smile shows off a row of impressive, vicious fangs. Fenris stops at the edge of the portal on the floor and laughs, mocking Tiffany’s attempt at a trap.

Outside, you hear the battle cries of Frost Giants swarming the area met with the battle fury of Valkyrie and the sounds of ice crushing and exploding. Those two seem to have things under control.

Fenris leaps over the portal, lunging forward with a large swing of his axe meant to end Tiffany’s adventure amongst the gods ::
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

Fenris (humanoid form) Strength 20, Agility 6, Intellect 5, Willpower 8, Edge 2, Hand 4 (25). Natural Weapons, Axes, Brawling [Str]; Archery, Shape Change [Agl]; Leadership, Military [Wll]. Body Armor +3 [Str], Enhanced Senses (Vision, Smell) 10 [Wll], Resistance to Aging, Cold, Disease, Fire, Poison, & Radiation +8 [Str], Teeth +2. Equipment: Axes (2) +6 (Dimensional Travel [Rifts ­ Unique Stunt: Can open a rift to another dimension or place, allowing in the cold of space] 16, Negation [magical disguises & illusions only] 16) [Str]. Calling: Vengeance (Asgardians).
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

Fenris's Hand (4): 6 will, 8 will, 7 agi, 3 agi
Tiffany's Hand (3): 6 doom, 6 str, 4 int
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

::Tiffany is shocked that her enemy was so close to her and yet she didn't now it. She leaps back from his leaping axe strike, assessing his fighting prowess. Dodge: 6 doom (card) + 15 agi (stat)= 21
Redraw: 5 Str::

"So the weapons of Asgard don't hurt you? Good thing I don't have one of them then isn't it?"