In remembrance of all the joy, and misery, of past games. Leave your offerings here.
rydi
Site Admin

D&D 3.X: Spear of Fate - The Questions Thread

Post by rydi »

For general Q&A regarding the campaign.
Last edited by rydi on Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

1)Did you want a GMC added? I like the dynamic you have, but a GMC would (for good or ill) give me a voice in the game, so that I can tell you when you are misinterpreting something, or add a new line of thought. Also would give you a utility character to fill out any role not currently filled (wizard, cleric, swashbuckler... whatever).

2)Did anyone have particular area of knowledge regarding the game/game world that they wanted fleshed out further? I'm going to put up the details on Lateria later, and am looking for direction for my next writing project. What do you want to see explained?

Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

1. Yes I would like to see a GMC although the exact nature of said character I am unsure of. I like Alishandra and I thought that having an intellegent item as a GMC was a good idea as it allowed for you to input an alternate opinion, would have knowledge about the world that would be lost to the sands of time and at the same time would be kind of ignorant of the current setting. It also adds some utility without having the full functionality of a full character (can't really move on it's own and is dependent on the PC party to a certain degree. A person as a GMC would work too, but the problem might be making sure that it doesn't get lumped in with the followers group and thus ignored.

2. I would like to know more about the politics of the world, the natures of the guilds, and the rules or contract that individual mercenaries have to follow and are entitled to within the guild. Also I kind of want to know if I am bound by contract to my current company or what consequences would occur if I broke from them and started another one (I had originally planned on rejoining with them and using them as the followers that I got from the Leadership feat but it is beginning to look like we are going to have followers of our own for the foreseeable future).
Ivanovich
Lost Knight

Post by Ivanovich »

1. I would like a GMC as well. I think a weapon could be a good idea, but a person adds a different dynamic and would not really detract from out xp pool since we already have 6 people. That is of course if that person involved itself in combat at all.

If a GMC is added and it were to be a person, a dedicated healer might be nice. Would allow me to focus on more utility spells and not worry about giving up the cure spells that have been helping get the group through combat.

2. I would like a map that was a bit larger and more easily accessable. Knowing were we are and where we need to go is a good thing and i have been having trouble with keeping track of that and the little map you have is sometimes difficult to see from half a room away.
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

What are the procedures and possible fees required in drawing up a charter and setting up a Merc company?
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

There are no fees beyond hiring a trained scribe and paying for registration. However, the company itself will cost money, in terms of gear, lodging, etc.