Generally general.

Moderator: Mods

rydi
Site Admin

diablo 3 refund

Post by rydi »

For those that care, I put in a support ticket to get a refund on my diablo 3 purchase. if you are within 30 days of your original purchase, it is likely they will give you a refund. if you want one anyway, which I do.

The items are boring, the lack of skill trees irritates, everything revolves around the RMAH, gameplay is dull, and to top it off the game is still at the stage of a beta test on many levels. The recent patch was junk, and the promise of future content is not enough to make it worth my time to stick around.

The links below are suggestions on getting your refund, and a few people with success in doing so (along with the people yelling at them for bothering... but whatever).

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5760196536
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5837014274
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

angelicyokai
Lost Knight

Post by angelicyokai »

Sorry to hear this wasn't fun.
[CENTER]ImageTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/CENTER]

“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”
― Marcus Aurelius
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

Success.

Ivanovich
Lost Knight

Post by Ivanovich »

number of active Diablo 3 players drop.

just thought i would leave this here.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

Yeeees... hahahahaha...

Seriously though, it's quite transparent when you just look at the fixes and then their intended reasoning.

That said though, some of those numbers (are they derived from server stats, or what?) could just be the natural dip that occurs after the initial release month. I don't think that was refund data (not sure how they'd get that actually) so I'm not certain that those numbers are AS significant as they seem. Probably still sig. and something the company is noticing though. As seen by their patrolling of their message boards and doing everything in their power to take control of the situation (which, ironically, just fans the flames).

Ivanovich
Lost Knight

Post by Ivanovich »

The numbers that are being used are from xfire, a third party gaming program that allows for various things like messaging and tracking your playtime in games. I am not overly familiar with it, but I have heard of it. You are right that it might be a natural dip following the initial release, but an almost 50% reduction seems a little large for a game that you're supposed to not stop playing once you beat it.
Ivanovich
Lost Knight

Post by Ivanovich »

Original Diablo creator causes a small stir with interview about D3

The above link is an article about the interview and how poorly the D3 creators took it, including a facebook post by Jay Wilson saying "fuck that loser" about the original diablo creator.

I tried to find the actually interview with David Brevik, but the site hosting it appears to be having issues loading right now.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

nice