Generally general.

Moderator: Mods

Avilister
The Mitten King

Lost Knights Wiki

Post by Avilister »

The wiki is now up and running at http://www.lostknightsrpg.org/wiki/

Currently uploading is not configured, but everything else seems to work. I'm trying to find the settings to get image uploading set up.

Update: 8/2010
Uploads also work. Anyone wanting to get an account should contact me via forum private message, Skype, phone, this thread, or pretty much any other means in order to schedule a time for account creation. I have to unlock account creation so you can make an account, and then relock it so that robot vandals do not destroy our Great Work.

Yes. Robot vandals.
Last edited by Avilister on Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

Yeah! How do I add stuff/login/kill Thael?
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

If you do a search for something that doesn't exist, for example 'pants', it will bring up a page that says "There is no page titled "pants". You can create this page." Click the 'create this page' link to get an editing window. There are several other ways to accomplish this, but that is the easiest.

Check out this page for a crash course in wiki syntax. It's pretty easy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Contents

Basically if you want to link to another wiki page simply enclose a word or phrase [[like this]]. This will attempt to link to the page, if it doesn't exist, you can click the link to create the page as above.

I recommend registering, and then clicking your user name in the top right to experiement on your own User Page, or use Wikipedia's sandbox, which is buried in their help documentation somewhere.

After I figure out how to enable image uploads, I'll post a quick guide for uploading images, and some brief guildlines for how I think pages should be formatted (for example, we should create some categories 'Characters' 'nWoD' 'GURPS' 'Avilister's Characters' and such so that we can easily find other pages).

Edit. I've edited our wiki's help page to have a link to Wikipedia's help page for easy reference. I'll gradually add tutorials and other helpful links there.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Image upload is now enabled. Current maximum file size is 10MB, which should be plenty, but I can increase this if needed for exceptionally large images.
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

WOOT! Steven!!
That which is not dead can eternal lie and with strange eons even death may die
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

Love your character Steven. So cool we have a place to post them. Be cool for people to start putting up characters for other games. I'll have NPCs for Dark Ages popping up soon.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Updated the main page, shamelessly stole most of it from the RPG.net wiki, but modified slightly more for our purposes. It now has some brief descriptions of how to edit things and a few other suggested guidelines.
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

Can we link to it from our main page?
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

It looks the same to me. Can only the wisest see it?

And it's hard to edit stuff nicely. My page is sad and also lame.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Try refreshing the page, it might be cached locally.

Wikimedia software is weird about formatting stuff. It doesn't expect people to use it for listing things like character sheets. Eventually, I'll probably get fed up and create some templates for common games, but until then...

In the event that you want to list stats, as I did in my sheet, or any list of things where you want there to be a line break there are two options. One is to leave a blank line between the items. Another is to use the html tag <br> which is a hard break-return that will immediately end the line and start a new one.
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

Coolbeans. We need a nifty icon to go on our main page. Like the Wikipedia globe overed in blood or me hitting Jason with a poop filled sock.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Feel free to submit something. We can either vote on one or I can just pick one. There's a setting somewhere I have to change to flip the logo
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

durden wrote:Coolbeans. We need a nifty icon to go on our main page. Like the Wikipedia globe overed in blood or me hitting Jason with a poop filled sock.
You should hit jason with a poop filled sock and have temple take pictures, so that we can make a nifty icon.
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

Ok I give up. Cannot format an Infobox. Ugh.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

I think I see part of the problem: That template doesn't exist on our wiki yet. Did you pull it from another wiki? If so I can go and grab the formatting to put it in ours.