Your Creation may vary.
arete
Lost Knight

What do you think of infernals?

Post by arete »

I will get the book on Friday. If you have it post your impressions.
psn: aretepolitic
Steam: aretepolitic
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

First chapter is glorious. I find Lillum revolting, but I think that's the intent.

I've read all of the Malfeas charms and about half of the Cecelyne charms so far, and they're very solid. Will be finishing the rest today and reading chapter 2 of the book (I read chapter 1 yesterday).

I already want to play a Fiend (equivlant of the Eclipse Caste). They'd work very well in Greyfalls as it is now, trying to subtley corrupt the populace and sabatoge the beurocracy.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Gah! Game HQ only got one copy in today and someone else reserved it: Paul. Gah!

He said they're expecting another in tomorrow. I went ahead and reserved that one. Guess I'll be reading the PDF tonight.
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

Funny, cause I reserved it under his name yesterday.
psn: aretepolitic
Steam: aretepolitic
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

I figured out the flaw of Cosmic Transcendence of (Virtue)!!! LIMIT!

It's not a concern for EPR anymore but for everyone else whenever they try to go against their primary virtue, whenever they meet the condition of their curse, or in the case of Lunars on the light of the full moon they get their virtue in auto-successes added to their limit.

This can be bad...and actually is a good way for She Who Lives in Her Own Name to control her Infernals....
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

A solar exalt gains 1 limit for resisting their primary virtue, but rolls the virtue to gain limit when his limit break condition is met.
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

Custom lunar charm with no limit gain for the win!!!
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Made my first starting character infernal. Kind of a weird set of abilities, I must say. One thing that I think will need to be addressed is "Do you need a reason to see through an Illusion effect before you can attempt to do so?" For example, if someone is using Loom-Snarling Deception (as most Fiends probably are basically all the time) and you pass them on the street, do you get to spend WP to ignore the Illusion, or do you need some reason to disbelieve first? I'd say you probably need a reason to disbelieve. I'm gonna reread the stuff for Sidereal Resplindant Destinies, as I suspect attempts to see through either should be about the same.

For the curious, here are the charms the character (who I did not name or assign a gender to yet). Its a Fiend Caste who is meant to try to have a mix of physical and social offensive abilities. Favors Ebon Dragon and She Who Lives In Her Name for charms.
Air Dragon Sight (also got Mentor 2 to represent an ex-Immaculate akuma teacher), First Ebon Dragon Excellency (x2), Loom-Snarling Deception, Witness to Darkness, Nemesis Self Imagined Anew, Factual Determination Analysis, Essence-Dissecting Stare, Counter-Conceptual Interposition, Mind-Hand Manipulation
Backgrounds of note: Artifact 2 (Corrupted Infinite Jade Chakram), Mentor 2 (above), Unwoven Coadjutor 3

Next I'm going to add about 200xp to the character to bring it up to somewhere around where the party is and see how it fares.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Trying to spend xp, just not sure how you all split things up. Going from E2 to E5 eats up a good chunk. Even reserving 10 unpicked charms, it doesn't leave much to work with when you're talking about 200 xp. About how many charms and/or skills have other people bought?
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

I think they over-estimated the amount of excellencies people buy. Seriously, re-buying an excellency for each dot of essence? WTF?

I dunno. I've wasted a lot of points on other stuff. I'm not the best one to ask. At least 10+ though.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

With only one or two, I don't think its that unreasonable. Thats equivlant to one excellency for each favored and caste ability.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

I should specify that the 10 charms I reserved are not for Excellencies. In fact, 3 of those do need to go to Excellencies unless I pick up a second one, in which case all of them go to Excellencies. Fortunately none of the charms I'm looking at picking up require a second one, though it would be nice to have one in order to gain a bit more flexibility.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

Avilister wrote:With only one or two, I don't think its that unreasonable. Thats equivlant to one excellency for each favored and caste ability.
Who actually has that many excellencies though? I sure as hell don't, and never will until the day I hit essence 10.

Anyway, is it just me, or are the ebon dragon and the malfeas excellencies the best? take them both, and you basically get all overt, and all covert, actions covered.

are you taking the other excellencies, like the stunt one, or the wierd version of Infinite Mastery?
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

They're not in the extra 10 that I've allotted so far. Its looking like this is the total excellency roll out after buying a total of 20 charms (10 at character creation and 10 later). I will shamelessly admit that the one Air Dragon charm is there only to make it so that the Chakram is a martial arts weapon so that the character can make physical attacks (which are required by a few charms here and there). Admitedly, this character doesn't actually have any of them yet, so I could concievably drop Air Dragon style entirely and the artifact weapon, but honestly I don't want to so that the character can have an attack option in the event that Mind-Hand Manipulation gets countered. Air Dragon Sight is also the best option for anti-surprise, as the only Yozi charm that does this is 3 deep in the Adjoran tree (Threat-Monitoring Excitement). Admitedly, it needs to be activated, but it'll suffice inside combat proper.

Air Dragon Style: Air Dragon Sight
Ebon Dragon: First Ebon Dragon Excellency (x5), Loom-Snarling Deception, Witness to Darkness, Nemesis Self Imagined Anew, Soul Crack Exploitation, Puissance Mimicry Intuition, Shadow Spite Curse, Eldritch Secrets Mastery
SWLIHN: Factual Determination Analysis, Essence-Dissecting Stare, Counter-Conceptual Interposition, Mind-Hand Manipulation, Unseen Force Application, Force-Suppression Barrier, Will-Crushing Force

Avilister has that many Excellencies (actually more), but he's also not a good example, or a 200xp character.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Its tempting to swap something out for Principle-Invoking Onslaught, which allows you to both make crazy stunts with your TK weapons (which have the potential to create money and other random crap) and to create some semi-permanent TK clinchers, which is pretty awesome.

Edit: Also need two more purchases of Puissance Mimicry Intuition to be able to copy charms.
Last edited by Avilister on Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.