Your Creation may vary.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

The other two that I know work fairly well as printed are Charcoal March of Spiders and Citrine Poxes of Contagion. Others are esoteric at best or FUCKING BROKEN at worse. Some others just don't work.
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

I never said poac was gimped. Poac not cool anymore. There needs to be more varity in the siddie styles that are known.
psn: aretepolitic
Steam: aretepolitic
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

I actually am going to allow some of the other styles, but in the past you had no access to them, so it was irrelevant.

I think the scarlet patterned battlefield, or whatever it's called, isn't too bad.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

How do ya get them?
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

Um... the same way you always get them, find a willing teacher.

arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

Sifu background?
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

OK, first off, I really don't mind having to have PAoC as a prereq because
a) it does make sense, and
b) as Cheyne remarked earlier, it is GOD

The only concern I have is that it is going to eat up almost all of my charm exp getting VBoS, PAoC, and this new style...now that being said having those 3 styles is extremely badass and between the 3 of them and sorcery it allows you to do almost anything that you might need to do.

I am not going to be working on this any tonight because I worked 12.5 hrs and don't have the mental capacities right now to do anything. I am going to work on some stuff tomorrow further defining what it is going to be and cutting away any of the extreneous stuff, and making a first attempt at system mechanics (cost, duration, rolls, ect.), and making some fluff.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

what does vbos do for you? you already have the celestial style you need to make PAoC work.

Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

In short, wp regen, the very last charm is scene long and I regain a wp every time I hit an opponent. It is a nice thing to have, but not necessary by any means. It also has a near perfect attack which is nice and possibly a dodge but I could be wrong. I will definitely be getting rid of either melee or VBoS, I actually like the melee tree better and it is shorter, but the final charm in vbos is very hard to beat
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

melee is useless to you if you have MA as your primary, except perhaps for the dodge (though that can be found elsewhere), and VBoS is not worth a full tree if you only want the last charm.

)))))))))))))))

Not necessary to get the BG sifu, but you need to find someone that has it. Actually, for my game people really shouldn't be buying BG's period, as i give them out free when people rp stuff.

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

In that case once I'm done sowing my seeds, I go find some weird-ass Sidereal sifu to teach me Charcoal March of Spiders Style.

Because, yes, I really do need the ability to make three attacks against everyone I can see (with Awareness 7).
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

rydi wrote:melee is useless to you if you have MA as your primary, except perhaps for the dodge (though that can be found elsewhere), and VBoS is not worth a full tree if you only want the last charm.

)))))))))))))))

Not necessary to get the BG sifu, but you need to find someone that has it. Actually, for my game people really shouldn't be buying BG's period, as i give them out free when people rp stuff.
Sidereal melee is good for perfect defense, a decent counter attack, a charm to turn damage aggravated (against anything, not just creatures of darkness) and (this is the big one) Perfection of the Visionary Warrior.
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

I already asked about that one, I was all gung-ho about that style too, but I was shot down. Hence I am making my own style.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

it's not that melee is bad, but that for paul it seems less effective than other possible choices.

and good luck with getting charcoal march of spiders steven. i think the only way you are getting it is to make yourself a mentor in your own game. :)

i am going to take a good look at the sidereal styles and tell you what is available.

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Mentor-Sidereal-Man has PAoC, CMoS and CPoC. They are, in my opinion, the most mechanically sound.