No votes
Some middle ground (describe)
25%

Total votes: 4

Avilister
The Mitten King

Weapon Stats

Post by Avilister »

None, some, many, most, or all of you may remember the alternate system for weapon stats that we used briefly during the initial sessions of the DragonBlooded game.

Are any of you interested in sticking with that, or using stats out of the book? The question is becoming more relevant with crossovers becoming immenent.
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

I will reread the stats un the alternate system before I vote, but currently I like weapons as printed in the mainbook. This based on the perception that the alternate system is powered down. If people could post an analysis of both systems it would be helpful.
psn: aretepolitic
Steam: aretepolitic
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

I don't have access to my books here at work, but if my recollection is correct the alternate system has most weapons powered down and others simply rebalanced.

I personally don't much care either way as my characters all either use weapons that don't change much, don't use weapons, or are so strong that weapons are mostly irrelevant (I don't know if any of you have taken a serious look at Overwhelming Fire Majesty Stance for your DBs, but at Essence 7 and the Fire Anima invoked normally, you get +21L damage out of it. pwned.)
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

My impression is that weapons do not need powered down. Soak goes up high enough to deal with the damage, and unarmed attacks are just as bad ass by comparison.
psn: aretepolitic
Steam: aretepolitic