Your Creation may vary.
rydi
Site Admin

new charms?

Post by rydi »

so, i was trying to think of concepts for new charms, specifically those that might fit my character.

one of the concepts that i wanted to work with was "life is but a dream". Creation is the dream of the primordials... is it real even? are we real? to represent this, i went for a dodge charm that lets you basically "wake up" from the dream of creation, into true nothingness.

expanding on this, i want to look at some sort of "lucid dreaming technique" that allows for shaping the surrounding environment.

another one i wanted was something to make integrity more internal, and permanently disconnect my monstrance if it is ever destroyed.

the two that i've got so far, which probably will need critique/work before being usable are:
Awakened Dreamer’s Understanding
Cost: 10m, 1w
Requirements: Dodge 5, Essence 4
Pre-requisite Charms: Untouchable Phantom Mein, Lesser Horrors Scorned
Type: Reflexive
Keywords: Avatar (1)
Duration: Scene
The exalt sees through the lie that is Creation, fading into the nothingness beyond existence.
For the rest of the scene the exalt is considered outside of fate, and may perfectly dodge attacks (mental or physical) for 3m. For an extra 1w, the exalt may disappear entirely in response to an attack, existing only by the virtue of their own enlightened will for a number of ticks = essence + conviction, and reappearing anywhere within essence yards of the point at which she left creation. To gain the ability to leave creation requires 4xp.
)))))))))))))

Eternal Freedom Enlightenment
Cost: -
Requirements: Integrity 5, Essence 4
Pre-requisite Charms: Unconquered Hero’s Faith, Transcendent Hero’s Meditation/Mirror, Integrity Protecting Prana
Type: Permanent
Keywords: -
Duration: Permanent
The exalt realizes that their mind and soul are free and enduring, no matter what happens to their bodies.
The exalt may use integrity charms as innate abilities. Further, the exalt is immune to attempts to permanently bind or enslave them (such as a monstrance of celestial portion), though non-permanent binding must be resisted as normal.
Last edited by rydi on Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Ivanovich
Lost Knight

Post by Ivanovich »

The first one i think is interesting. I am not sure if anything really needs to be changes, the concept is sound. I do think it might need a higher avatar rating. Probably not higher than 3 though.

The second one is potentially powerful in scope. Since it potentially makes Abyssals free agents, without even Neverborn masters, i would atleast say that it needs to be Essence 5. Also i think a small commitment of motes might be required, but maybe one or the other.

Just a couple thoughts on them.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

I've posted my thoughts on skype. To sum them up for discussion: too much, too powerful. BLerk.