Your Creation may vary.
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Lunar Hero Style

Post by Amseriah »

Ok, it sucks....it has a couple of decent things in it, but it doesn't seem like the personal MA style of a group of FREAKING SHAPESHIFTERS!!!! So there is a thread in the WW forums about the it and possible fixes since it seems as though very few people really like it. Here is my take on it, what are your opinions on this?

Why not gear LHS more towards shapeshifting? That is arguably one of the most defining things about them as an Exalt-type and it is never once discussed in their personal MA form. You could even add some knacks into the charm tree, such as Two-Faced Hero, Lightning Change Style, and Constant Quicksilver Rearrangement. Perhaps you wouldn't have to get them but you would gain more benefit from the style if you did. I am thinking about a style that is somewhat akin to Kalindo from OWoD Werewolf. You could have a perfect dodge that would consist of you quickly changing into a much smaller shape. A charm that would increase knockback because your opponent was expecting a person that is 5'9" and 185 lbs to hit him, not 9' and over 400 lbs.

I am just very frustrated in the original LHS because it doesn't feel like a signature Lunar style...it feels just like any other MA style. It should be something unique that plays off of a Lunars innate differences and advantages.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

for my part, i think that lhs should be all about the expansion charms. create wonky branches of the tree with knacks as pre-reqs, heart's blood ratings as pre-reqs, etc.

for example:

prereqs- heart's blood 3 (at least one tiny creature), fastest shifting knack, quicksilver dodge, LHS at form type
effect- use your 1/round shape shift as a perfect dodge effect. this doesn't dodge AoE damage
functionally , the above is hard to get, but provides a 1m perfect each round, making them a bitch to finally take down as they shift and change constantly. things like fireballs, total annihilation, etc, that don't care what size you are as long as you are in the AoE would still hit you though, so i would argue that it isn't overpowered.

i think, after the form type, it should be the norm for lunars basically make their own martial art, based on their charms and knacks. this reflects their protean nature, and their individualist streak.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982