Your Creation may vary.

Would you want to play Exalted Modern, and if so, via what format?

Poll ended at Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:43 pm

No.
No votes
Yes - on our forums
33%
Yes - via Skype (talky talky) at some specific time
33%
Yes - in person
33%
Yes - via some other forum
No votes
Yes - via chat (like Skype-type)
No votes
Yes - Other (specify with a post)
No votes

Total votes: 6

Avilister
The Mitten King

Exalted Modern

Post by Avilister »

This poll is to determine if we want to play Exalted Modern and, if we do, how we want to play it.
Last edited by Avilister on Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

Are you offering to run it? I would play anyway but on a forum.
psn: aretepolitic
Steam: aretepolitic
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

We've been talking a bit and I almost favor an 'everyone runs, but everyone also plays' experimental style. As in, pretty much anyone can be the GM to arbitrate stuff as long as it doesn't pertain to their character or their interests. I would also volunteer to arbitrate rules stuff when needed and to be 'The GM' when all characters are together.

The pitch for this game is as follows:

"The year is 2020 (or some other arbitrary year if we use an AU), a new President of the United States is being sworn into office. He gives his Oath of Office and moves to the podium to give a speech. As he does so, a ring within a disk illuminates on his forehead and he begins to glow with a golden light. The Exalted have returned to Creation."

The game would be high-powered in the sense that the Exalts would be already-influential people. The President, the Pope, major Generals, dictators, famous musicians and scientists, James Bond.

Some people have voiced some interest in playing it in some incarnation of the World of Darkness. I'm personally against that, just because it complicates things, but we can consider it as a group if people are interested in playing with that idea.
adam
Lost Knight

Post by adam »

I am interested. The idea is neat but I don't like the idea of playing it in a WoD setting. I just am not to sure how I want it to be played. I prefer in person but we got enough games going on at the moment.
Out there somewhere there is a Tarrasque eating delicious epic corn waiting to start a journey...
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

I personally prefer a forum-based game for this as it gives people time to think about their responses a lot more, and I picture it as being a larger-scale game than what is easily played in person. In many cases, players may never even meet one another because of their different positions and such. In that sense, running it in a forum-based environment would be easier.
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

I would not play forum based games.
psn: aretepolitic
Steam: aretepolitic
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Ok, I was asked to clarify this part of my concept.

This game is not required to be cooperative. To use examples, players might be Obama (Eclipse/Zenith), Putin (Eclipse/Midnight/Dawn?), Sherlock Holmes (Twilight), Enya (Serenity), James Bond (Night), Chuck Norris (Dawn), Stephen Hawking (Twilight), M (Secrets), some WWF wrestler (Lunar?), Dr. Benton Quest (Twilight) and the Pope (Zenith)