Your Creation may vary.
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

I think you should use the some of all virtues to calculate peripherial motes. Other than that the numbers look good.
psn: aretepolitic
Steam: aretepolitic
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

i like that, except it may be better to give them peripheral based on all 4 virtues. the cap is still the same, but more likely to be closer to the siddies in practice.

what did you think of the other stuff?

oh, i also thought the ability+spec+virtue was promising, though it gives a 13 dice cap at ess 5, which is higher than solars. which is bad.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

I changed it to (2virtx2) to change things up a bit. Also Sidereals don't tend to need pools as large as the others (they consistantly have the smallest pools) because most of their charms (excepting some MA charms) are cheaper on average. I don't much care either way, the change that it makes for most characters is within about a 5 mote (roughly 1 charm) range. I do like that the way I have it makes it double the DB formula.

That was the problem I ran into with ability+spec+virtue too. Its great for high level, but at low level (ess5 and under) it makes them a bit too good. Not sure how to work out a happy middle ground.