Your Creation may vary.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

There are a few threads on the WW forums that I'm following about it for ideas. Some of the fixes involve removing its defensive abilities (which makes sense thematically) and making it a scene-long charm. Others involve having it only active for the duration of the activation of the Form-type charm (ie: 6 tix). Hopefully they'll either errata it, or a solid fan-made fix will surface.

In other news: Would anyone mind if I tried to work a Sidereal psuedo-PC into the party? I'm mostly just interested in testing out some balance mechanics people have proposed for Sidereals (2E Siddies are pretty weak) and, eventually, to test the Wind-Cutting Blade martial art I posted on another thread.
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

well the mentor could take a more direct hand in things since we seem to be focusing on unimportant minutia in a dead city in the middle of nowhere... seems plausible...
That which is not dead can eternal lie and with strange eons even death may die
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

This character would not be the mentor. The mentor's power level is outside the scope of player characters and thus boring and uninteresting. I haven't melted him down for eeps, but I suspect he's worth -thousands- of eeps.

This character would be a starting character with roughly the same amount of eeps the party currently has.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

or a destiny that really hides his true identity 8)
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

I would NEVER craft a Resplindant Destiny of the Sorcerer (which makes you appear to be an Exalt or other supernatural type) of such scope and magnitude that it would affect everything ever.

Never.

Really.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

yeah...

in other topics...

void avatar prana
i want the perfect defense. one option for that is to make it spectral, so that it uses will when activated, and/or remove the unsoakable lethal component from the defense (or make that a special activation with a different cost, basically breaking it into two different use types).

personally, i think making the defense spectral, and making the damaging aspect into a separate mote expenditure would be sufficient, especially since it is high up on the chart anyway.

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

The problem is the scene-length aspect of it. Its abserd. Not even Solar's the paragons of perfection, have a scene-length perfect defense. Whats really worse is that this is a part of a CMA that pretty much anyone can learn, thus granting Dragonblooded access to a scene-length perfect defense.

It need substantial reworking, something I'm not able to do with no access to books here at work. It also isn't exacty a high priority, given the likelyhood of anyone learning it any time soon.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

like i said, spectral makes it workable. if the defense aspect becomes spectral, that means 1wp every single time it is activated. compared to the dodge PD for solars, it is much more expensive that way (3m vs. 1 will, + the prana has initial activation time). the damage bonus isn't a big deal either, just a bonus really.

arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

I was wondering if there is anything that can prevent me from summoning my weapon from elsewhere after i store it with the charm.
psn: aretepolitic
Steam: aretepolitic
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

unconciousness??
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Natural mental influence, some reason not to be in combat.

Since it is based off of commited Essence, even being out of Essence doesn't matter, since you front-load the expendature instead of spending it when you pull the weapon back out.

In short, not a lot. Mostly mundane Social-Fu, since unnatural Social-Fu could just be resisted with Willpower and Limit.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Oh and anything that prevents access to Elsewhere. I can't think of an example right now, but it seems like the sort of thing someone would have at least tried to invent at some point specifically to deal with warriors and their elsewhere arsenals.
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

why would I stop someone from accessing it when I could just go there myself
:lol:
My Color is Blue
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

where are the rules that say that arcane fate works in the underworld?

and where are the errata you said were recently put out?

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

The errata is all on the offical Exalted Wiki.

The errata page can be found here

I don't know if it says anywhere that it works in the Underworld. My assumption would be that it does because The Mask is present in both the Underworld and Creation, and the breaking of The Mask was the reason for Arcane Fate in the first place.