Your Creation may vary.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

couple of things.

jason and i were talking, and it comes to my attention that one can effectively stunt an indefinite number of times, basically fueling a continuous perfect soak if one chooses. so we either need to limit the # of stunts in a round, or the number of times a stunt can be spammed in a round.

the latter sounds appealing to me. since one is only supposed to be able to use a charm once a round anyway, limiting charms to one use per action wouldn't be a bad thing, and prevents spamming. and it gives you a reward for diversity. maybe excellencies, b/c of their unique roll in the game, could be immune to this?

but functionally, something has to be done. i really do prefer the reflexive power use, i think that it should have always been that way, and i honestly really dislike combo's. however, rules as they are, combat breaks down.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

My opinions:
Functionally one must be allowed to repeatedly use the same charm over and over.
However, if one is to attempt to stunt his way into continuously using the same charm, stunt descriptions must maintain at least the baseline level of cool and, moreover, must be unique. You can't just keep jumping from one wall to the other and continue to regain motes indefinately.

The odds of a person taking more than about 10 attacks in a round are pretty low, rate plus facing problems pretty much prevent it, barring high expense extra action charms.

Honestly, I don't have a problem with a character being functionally invulnerable, provided that they actually do something to keep their mote pool up. If they're just repeating the same action over and over, well, fuck them, they run out of motes and whatever chain saw of damage they were evading rips them apart.
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

while I know that it is possible to do perfects I do not think that anyone could keep it up enough to take on all incoming attacks... for myself I can hit 4-5 per round without an extra action charm with dragon-blooded characters... 3 of those could easily eat a mote pool to nothing if you try to perfect soak it all
That which is not dead can eternal lie and with strange eons even death may die
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Note, Solar perfect defenses tend to be about 3m in cost - pretty cheap. The Lunar and Sidereal perfects are much more expensive. I'd need to douible check, but I know the Siddie one costs a Willpower, the Lunar one is at least 4 motes and may also have a Will cost.

Needless to say, this indicates that Siddies (and maybe Lunars) are essentially incapable of spamming perfect defenses because the cost is simply too high.
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

granted not all my rolls would be auto-hits but when rolling 20 dice on the first attack after the flurry reduction and then losing 1 die each attack after even 3 per attack will go pretty fast unless you are allowed to stunt each and every attack on you as well
That which is not dead can eternal lie and with strange eons even death may die
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

as long as you have no prob with it...

i do, but whatever. not an issue as of yet. my main thing is that the reflexive rules are meant to create greater variety, and the spamability of charms reduces this somewhat...

and the sid one i'm not sure on, i think it costs will. the lunar is just 4 motes. the abyssal dodge costs will, the resistance is 4 motes.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

Don't Lunars have a perfect parry? I saw one of their or their only perfect defense but it has 4 pre-reqs to get to...wondering if parrying would be quicker....
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

As far as I am aware, no. Lunar's have a perfect Dodge in their Dex tree, and Sidereals have a perfect parry in their Melee tree, but that's it. Feels kinda backwards. I think there may also be a Lunar perfect soak, but I'd need to reread their charms to find it, if there is.
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

Could you look for that please? I have looked but I think that I am missing it...a perfect soak would make more sense for my character anyways...if there isn't one, what are the rules for making one?
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

page 160-161 given your character stats you could have a near perfect soak using Armor-Forming Technique, Stone Rhino's Skin and Invulnerable Monnsilver Carapace. Stone Rhino's Skin gives you hardness equal to your natural soak, and IMC gives you 15 armor soak and lowers the min damage of all attacks to 0. Given your stats it should work to be near perfect. AFT is simply a prereq that allows you get even more armor soak.
psn: aretepolitic
Steam: aretepolitic
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

What are the rules for creating your own charms?
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

There aren't any!

More helpfully: You have to work with the GM (me in this case, I imagine). Mechanics should generally be extrapolated from other charms of a similar power level. This includes number of pre-reqs, min stats, costs, etc.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Ok, some rules patches:

Because of Free Reflexive rules, the following changes are being made:

Any charm that had (Ability) Essence Flow as a pre-requisite now requires Infinite (Ability) Mastery. This change only affects Solar and Abyssal Exalts.

If one desires to use an Excellency with other non-Reflexive charms while Infinite (Ability) Mastery is active, one must either pay full price for the Excellency or include it as a part of a combo. This change affects all known Celestial Exalts (as all of them have a version of IAM)
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

Ummmm...is there any system for Geomancy? Who can learn it? What do you have to get to do it? What does it do really?
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

I am not 100% but i beleive its part of manse creation. Anyone can do it.
psn: aretepolitic
Steam: aretepolitic