Your Creation may vary.
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

I guess that they are going to be releasing the web book for the Nocturnals soon....I don't know if they wouold actually be fun or not, but they seem interesting. I agree with you though it would need playtesting.
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

As requested here is the link to the LHS thread

http://forums.white-wolf.com/viewtopic.php?t=86994
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

I did not get tje necro page to open.
psn: aretepolitic
Steam: aretepolitic
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

the ww forum is down right now
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

Ty
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

To directly quote Plague of Hats on the topic of Sidereal dice caps:
The problem isn't that it's not explained clearly that the Second Excellency can, effectively, buy "more foo" than the First. The problem is that the actual dice cap of the Sidereals is never, ever explicated. We have three options:

1) The Sidereals have a dice cap of (Essence), and their Second Excellency is constrained only by its own internal limitation.

2) The Sidereals have a dice cap of (Essence x 2), and their First Excellency can not actually hit the cap because it is weak in this regard.

3) Something crazy unrelated, like they have Solar dice caps by default or whatever.

I prefer option 2, because otherwise Sidereals tend to be loaded down with tons of +DV effects that aren't nearly half as effective as they look on their own. I also think that Sidereals should have better dice caps than spirits.
I think I'm probably going to go with this, too. Siddies should have an Essencex2 dice cap. This helps them keep up with Solars and Lunars with Dice adding. This also just makes it so that their 1st Excellency just kinda blows, which is fine. I think they should be going for the 'sure thing' anyway. Thats just Siddie style.
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

I really like that change.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

WWF is back up, btw.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

i suppose the Ex2 thing works. that does put them on par with solars though. not that i have a prob with that, but the book seems to indicate that solars are the bestest, and everything else is less (though i would personally prefer more parity).
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

It gives them power comparible to Solars and Lunars. At high essence it also puts them a bit head, but not really given that their 1st Ex still sucks. The net result is that they can sustain power similar to the other two but they cannot burst to incredibly stupid numbers of successes like Solars can.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

pretty much. they end up being much more dependable than solars. and it is easier for them to get max dice than solars too, once essence 6 rolls around, since getting an abil+att=12 and essence 6 is much more xp than essence 6 by itself.

also, in a somewhat unrelated topic, now that i think about it, the way siddies work kind of irritates me. there aren't enough fate effects. they save all of that for astrology as opposed to the charm list. seems kind of counterintuitive to me.

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

More Siddie charms should have the Fate keyword than what actually have it. Keywords on siddie charms are fucked up in the extreme.

http://wiki.white-wolf.com/exalted/inde ... _Sidereals
Offers a pretty good run down of many of the most glaring problems with Sidereal charms
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

A comparison for consideration. 1st Ed Siddie xp costs vs 2nd Ed costs

2nd Ed:
Caste/Favored Charm - 10
Out-of-Caste Charm - 12
Sidereal MA Charm (Favored) - 10 - (longer training time than normal charms)
Sidereal MA Charm (Unfavored) - 12 - (longer training time than normal charms)
New Spell (Favored) - 10
New Spell (Unfavored) - 12
Essence - current x 9
New Astro College - 5
Increase Astro College - rating x 3

1st Ed:
Caste/Favored Charm - 9
Out-of-Caste Charm - 11
New MartArts Charm - 8
Unfavored MA Charm - 10
Sidereal MA Cham - 10
Sid MA Unfavored Charm - 12
New Astro College 5
Increase Astro College x 3
--Essence (not listed, this means they use the Solar rating) - current x 8

Personally I favor most of the old siddie costs. It makes them MA masters like they should be. I'd probably go ahead and bump them up to current x9 to improve essence though, which puts them at the same rate as Lunars. This is particularly important if their dice adding cap is, in fact, (Essencex2) instead of (Essence).
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

i don't like the the costs are higher for the other types. essence is ok, but it makes it hard to cross when knacks/charms are so much more expensive.

siderial charms i can understand being a little more, but not really lunars, and certainly not dragon bloods.